1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

too many choices what to do what to do

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by rphillips, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rphillips

rphillips Member

my girlfriend is going to buy me a tobacco of my choice for christmas provided it doesnt go over $10 (shipping charges not included). That rules out getting another tin of Sillems Red that Im enjoying oh so very much. A good chance to maybe find a replacement for that captain Blacks Royal Ive been puffing on work breaks. Ilve been looking arround and found two that sounded good and under $10. First was Villiger 1888 Mid Day. Reveiws look good and for $8 I get 50g tin. Then I found A&C Peterson Mark Twain. It sounded good and reviewed well, I might be able to get 4oz for the budget and given the number of MM Cobs Ive just bought it only seem fitting that I fill one with something bearing the name of the great american satirist (is that really a word?)

At rist of further complicating things I turn to you the community. What would be your reccomendations. If something other than what I am looking at then please keep in mind It needs to be of a favorable room note so I can smoke at work and home without offending anyone. Not nessisarily an aromatic I suppose just something with a smell other non smokers can agree with. Also withing my $10 range.

2. Grim_Puffer

Grim_Puffer Member

When I smoked aromatics the wife never complained about Boswells Berry Cobbler Blend nor on their Christmas Cookie Blend.

Both of those smoke well and as heavily cased as berry cobbler is it didnt goop up on me the way some do.

Actually any of the boswell aromatics would do, they all get great reviews on room note and flavor which can be rare in my experience with aromatics.

Annways check out their website and I believe they run there tobys at $2.50 per ounce. Nice people too.

3. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

I vote for the 1888 Mid-Day. It is one of my all-time favorites. Very pleasurable flavor, doesn't goo up your pipe, and the room-note has gotten me some phone-numbers from ladies. I haven't tried the Mark Twain, but your sentiment is right-on. And if Grim recommends Boswells, I'm going to have to get some for myself.

You might have to get a couple more girlfriends just to make sure you have all your bases covered. :thumb:

4. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

For what its worth, Boswell's blends on the whole are some of the few aromatics I've heard nothing but good things about.

5. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Here's another vote for Boswell's. Wonderful people to do business with and every one of their blends I've tried has been a winner with great taste, excellent room note and no goop.

6. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Yes, satirist is really a word.
    Just trying to help. :idiot:

7. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

At the budget end of the scale I'd opt for Middleton's Cherry or Captain Black's Gold - both smoke very well in a corncob, have a pleasant but not cloying room note and taste and give you a satisfactory smoke,

Enjoy whatever

Gerry

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

9. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

I agree with the Bosweel recomendations. They are really good aromatics.

ruffinogold sent me some of that Mac Baron Golden extra in a trade and it is really good as well.

10. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Concur! That "Freakin' Golden Extra" is wonderful stuff and Don Ruffino is a generous man.

11. rphillips

rphillips Member

Im going to go with the Mark Twain. Something about it really sparks my interest. I now anxiously await christmas to give it a first try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.