What Are You Smoking? April, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Wicker Man is right. The rock cobs are cool smoking and won't burn your hand when you hold one. And you get the true taste of your tobacco. Great pipes!

2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

^
    Finally what ive been waiting for

:thu2:

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Is it alright if i post some of these pictures on my facebook fan page ?

if i do so while smoking some frog morton in my pipe of course ...

4. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

What a day. Started with a 5 hour drive to Tampa, a nice Cuban lunch of beefsteak Palimillo, maduros, rice, black beans and a salad. Then two hours working at the Tampa office. Now relaxing at the hotel outside with Plumcake in a briar and a nice Merlot.

5. user3221

user3221 Active Member

That is considering that you do not use the DWAUGH Method of lighting a Rock Cob
    of course

dwaugh2.jpg

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Irish Oak, MM with a forever stem. Good smoking...fancy cigar up next, I'm living it up today ;)

7. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Feel free :- I always like it when I right click on a photo on the www, to save it, and it says F**K off copyrighted I then laugh as I press the Print screen key open windows paint and click PASTE
    I've never seen Facebook or a tweet and my phone only rings in and out and texts,
    I'm more a Wick and Paraffin sort of person

Good Night All
    [​IMG]

8. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Your best work yet, Wicker Man. Great text and photos!

Perhaps it's a sign of my advancing years, but that barmaid really caught my eye. Not that I'd ever try anything on of course. I'm a happily married man. But between those dropped shoulders and rooted stance, that Yorkshire lass looks like she could deliver a pretty stunning right hook. Hubba hubba!

And having violated my quota of political correctness norms for the day, I'll quietly return to some Hyde Park in a sandblasted Canadian ...

9. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Last pipe of the day is the shorter of the Riccardo Santia pipe with Troost Special Cavendish to begin the break in process will DTG it tomorrow.

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Victim of Serial Hate Crime!
    Rekamepip has gone mad! He's spreading massive hate throughout the country!

Today at 6:05 pm I went to my mailbox to find a plain square package. Unsuspecting, I brought the package inside my apartment. The box was not ticking. With sharp Fiskars I opened said package. I was instantly assaulted by the most vicious display of hate I've ever experienced. (Photo below) A crime this heinous deserves retribution and I intend to see that Rekamepip suffers as greatly as I did.​

[​IMG]

This is a seriously cool pipe and smokes great. Later I'm going to post more pictures in its own thread.

Oh yeah - HATE YOU, REKAMEPIP!!

TedVig, Longshanks, Artistik and 18 others like this.
  11. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Evening fellas. Road Apple blend in the Wicker Clay.

jpberg, Brit abroad, Stormy and 11 others like this.
  12. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

I hate you guys. Each and every one of you. I worked today! Yeah! Smoked MD mix all day in my country gent. Did some copper work today, which is not my usual trade, and I have sliced the cr=p out of my hands. Also i think my eyeballs are bleeding from the flux smoke. Still, beats hanging out with you haters all day. (just barely)
    [​IMG]

13. IrvEsters

IrvEsters Member

Puffing on some of Tony M.'s HH Anniversary Kake I got in trade in an old bulldog - with dog and patio, accompanied by Gin on the rocks

14. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

15. krusty

krusty Active Member

Oh my.
    Sooo much hate goin' on 'round here lately!
    I'm leaving.
    Gonna go smoke Half&Half in my Rock Warden and try to understand all this HATE!

[​IMG]

TedVig, Longshanks, Artistik and 14 others like this.
  16. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Evening folks. Having some Peter Heinrich's Special Curly that I aged for about a year and a half. I'd say a year and a half is a great aging time for this blend. Obviously, you could always go more, but this has a great, dark, strong flavor to it that is close to my ideal VA taste. Nice and strong and rich and lovely. Smoking it in the Northern Briars billiard, by the way. I like to just put the stuff in there as is, without rubbing the coins out. I just stuff it in there, coins and ribbons together, and light it up, and it is just so tasty. I owe thanks to Dwaugh for turning me onto this blend awhile back.

And again, it's 8:00 PM, 80˚F (27˚C), 60% RH, no wind. This is really more like summer time weather than spring. Boo! :thdn:

17. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Agreed ! I smoke it every morning with SWR and it's an awesome smoke . The fact that it's a sitter just makes it even more perfect for my sittin on the porch mode . I have a table I sit at and it's nice to be able to set it down if I want . I still cant believe it dosent smoke or get hot ... it really doesn't ! Very cool

The weather here turned to a nasty storm a while ago ... the temp dropped a little .. and when the kids are in bed I'm heading out to the porch . Spillfroof Masterful billiard / Firedance !

18. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

I love all of rekamepip's work, but that thing is just badass. I have to have one of those one day.

19. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

C&D bayou morning flake in a Don Carlos smooth billiard. This stuff is fantastic.

20. IrvEsters

IrvEsters Member

just reloaded a Ciro "something or another" with HH Magnum Opus... or is it Opus Magnum? still on patio in company of Dog and Gin - what did I do to deserve this? Is this good or what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.