1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? April, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Actually, the fault may have been mine instead of the Saint Bernard's. I typed "Bayou Morning" and what is written on the baggie is "Bayou Nights."

One thing I do know is that I'm definitely smoking Moe's Confetti in a smooth full bend 1977 Crown Coachman 215. And drinking ice water.

YAPPG, Morse, surlysoul and 12 others like this.
  2. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Trusty Falcon classic Hyperbole full of MacB ODF, and a glass off Barefoot Sweet Red wine. It's just a basic table red, but it has a wonderful flavor and it makes for a nice nightcap. Just got done with two scholarly article reviews. One was on the use of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in correctional anger management programs, and the other was a lament on how most therapists and counselors do not identify themselves as strictly Person-Centered therapists. The fist article was very good... because I favor CBT. The other, well, I thought the authors were doing way too much whining. I think most don't identify themselves are purely Person-Centered because it's inefficient for most clients and their presenting problems.

Smokey, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  3. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

University Flake in a Peterson 08S. Tall narrow bowl brings out some nice things in this tobacco. Had a good walk out to the main road and back. Nice chat with a neighbour that was out hunting ferals. Swapped him a little LEO for a little Spilman Mixture that I've never tried before. -3C(27F)H67%

Smokey, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  4. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

Frog Morton on the Town in my Cobwarden. The frog is really growing on me now that I'm getting to the bottom of the tin.

PipeSimmo, dBear, YAPPG and 14 others like this.
  5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Final smoke of the day/night/morning is Old Companion in a 1978 smooth pointy bottom three quarter bend Sir Brent, shaped like a check mark. I'm finishing up reading the box scores, and listening to a short Red Barber interview.

PipeSimmo, dBear, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  6. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

The always put the best stuff at the bottom, so it will be empty and you have to buy more...;)

dBear, YAPPG, surlysoul and 5 others like this.
  7. Thuber88

Meece's,mouse's,moose's, their all wandering around and bumping into things, now they have fallen into my Zulu bowl trap, and are roasting slowly under hot coals..

YAPPG, surlysoul, Brit abroad and 4 others like this.
  8. User4408

User4408 Active Member

We hear you Brother. The taxes and import duties these days are alarming :eek: irritating :mad: and truly sick making :puke:.

But even though CH seems like a good deal over here, it isn't really. It used to be, but not any longer. In the US, one can get Mac Baren Mixture for $1.46 per oz when buying in bulk. Mixture is composed of 35 different tobaccos, all of which have to be imported into Denmark. And then it's expertly blended and packaged by Danish workers who receive some of the highest pay and worker benefits in the world. Then it's shipped halfway around the world again where we can buy it for $1.46 per oz.

And how exactly is it that Carter Hall costs 33% more? Don't get me wrong: CH is an excellent and satisfying smoke. But it's not in the same quality and complexity range as Mixture. No where close, in fact.

The time is long overdue for CH to be made available in true bulk quantities. Given what it is, I think a price of $50 for a 5 pound bag would be reasonable. At that price they'd sell countless tons of it to PSF smokers alone, and would themselves make a fortune on it. It might even foster a true resurgence of pipe smoking and help to bring prices down even further. Hell, at $50 per 5 pounds I'd probably end up puffing on it all day and keeping countless jars of it around the house.

CH in a Tonino Jacono Canted Billiard ...

9. craig

craig Active Member

Im going to be smoking some louisiana gypsy in my alco and nicely rusticated bowl

Louisiana gypsy ia my own blend which has been tweaked to have a higher lat and perique content
    Today is the first smoke so wish me luck

PipeSimmo, dBear, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  10. Thuber88

We will watch the news , just in case it all goes horribly wrong.:p:

dBear, YAPPG, surlysoul and 3 others like this.
  11. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Monday Morning,

Cool and clear in the Valley, it's got the makings of a nice day.

Krumble Kake in a Squatch.

PipeSimmo, dBear, Waino and 16 others like this.
  12. Stravinsky

Stravinsky Member

Morning all.

Hot green tea and more Wagner, as I decide tobacco to reach for. Bourbon Whiskey--Think I'll be smoking that in a minute. It's Borkum Riff. Any opinions on BR? I picked it up because the Tinderbox no longer carries a whiskey, at least around here.

PipeSimmo, dBear, Waino and 11 others like this.
  13. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Peterson's Irish Oak, in my MM CG. Coffee (splashed), in my traditional mug of choice. It's about 40* F. right now, but is supposed to get up to 70* F. This afternoon. Might have to start thinking about shaving soon. Good morning PSFers!

PipeSimmo, dBear, Waino and 12 others like this.
  14. craig

craig Active Member

Good news up to now its going brialliantly well the tweaking i have done was the kick it needed the extra perique and lat really make it shine
    Im loving this blend
    Think i could actually smoke this and only this if i had too

PipeSimmo, dBear, Waino and 8 others like this.
  15. craig

craig Active Member

On tobacco reviews it is much maligned along with most of their blebds
    I havent tried the borkum bourbon but tobacconiwlst manager i speak too says it is popular and quite a few smoke bourbon borkum exclusively
    Ive tried the original mixture and its nice if smoked slow

dBear, Thuber88, YAPPG and 4 others like this.
  16. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

[​IMG]It's one of those mornings! Fed the boy, drank a cuppa, let the boy out and smoked 1/2 a bowl of AJ,s topped with Anni Kake (2/3-1/3) back inside for another large cuppa strong and black, good morning PSFer's..........

User4408, PipeSimmo, dBear and 13 others like this.
  17. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

dBear, Thuber88, JimInks and 5 others like this.
  18. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Good morning, Borkum Riff and Coffee for breakfast... oh boy, another week...

User4408, PipeSimmo, dBear and 13 others like this.
  19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Coffee in over sized cup

Smoking a blend of Turkish Shag / Natural American Spirit / 4 Aces / with a touch of NAS Perique
    all cigarette tobaccos

but smokes well in Rock Cob

(if you pack it tight )

Morning !

PipeSimmo, dBear, Thuber88 and 9 others like this.
  20. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Lucky Duck Work Day Blend, in the MM CG. Am about to grab a paper cup full of hot cocoa. Happy smoking PSFers!

User4408, PipeSimmo, dBear and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.