What Are You Smoking? April, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

Half & Half in a Falcon this morning with my coffee. Some PA soft vanilla for the ride to work today.

2. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

H&H in a cob, coffee on the side. Good morning all!

3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Went for the walkabout early since we have our Nordic Walker's Program walk this morning and I have infusions tomorrow so it will be a wasteland day. A little Halav u'Dvash in the MM Diplomat for a change to the senses smoke and the Tsuge Tankard with Plum Cake during the outing, I must say this pipe has been grand since coming out of the box! :bow:

4. Longshanks

Longshanks He who shall; so shall he... wait, who?

Kind of gray and cool out today, but the walk was enjoyable. Came home to a warm down with a bowl of PA in the Comoys Town Hall. I think if every person trying out pipe for the first time happened across THIS pipe and a pouch of PA... well... we'd have a few more happy pipers in this world.

[​IMG]

5. user3221

user3221 Active Member

smoking this 2 daughters tobacco again

better than last night

104_0403.JPG

but nowhere close to
    [​IMG]

6. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Ah, but when you find out you're just plain downright gonna HATE it. [​IMG]

Lucky Duck, surlysoul, dBear and 7 others like this.
  7. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Shmart-azzzzzz! I love the taste of lemon scented Granny soaps! Skipping class out of safety concerns?

p120d16y, surlysoul, dBear and 9 others like this.
  8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Woke up to feed Suzy and Molly, who were kind of sluggish this a.m. So was I. I decided to smoke half a bowl of Brigadier Black Waterloo in a bent 2013 Rekamepip Rock Cob, which I'm nearly finished with. Still thinking about pancakes after having smoked Essence of Vermont some hours ago. Wish I had time to go out and get a stack of them.

9. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer Member

Going back to basics:
    [​IMG]
    in a Sener
    [​IMG]
    Happy puffing gents!

10. phinz

phinz Active Member

MacB Dark Roll Cake in a CAO meer.

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Finished the previous smoke, which I was more than half way done with when I posted last. Now, it's Amphora Red in a 1979 smooth slight bend H. Jones Ltd. Easy Loader 391 Dublin. Simply Orange for a drink. The kittens must really be tired because they went back to sleep immediately after eating. They lead by example.

12. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Started the morning with squadron leader in an old Linkman's billiard then some SG chocolate flake in a meerlined poker, now some more Chocolate flake in a '30's era yello bole apple with a rock ambera stem....lots of black coffee.

Frosty morning here 32F with a north wind...supposed to get back to 70's and 80's tomorrow. :)

13. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

What a horrible looking combination, ugh. Glad I don't have to smoke any of that stuff.

Thanks again, my friend.

14. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

The hell is that stuff? Looks interesting, despite its apparent foreign-ness.

15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Yeah what he said
    what the heck is it
    - since we don't understand - it makes it that much more appealing

16. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Painter Hills in a Peterson 80s. Got a phone call asking if I'd like to fly back east on a corporate flight. I looked at the weather in the Ottawa valley and after due consideration said yes. +13C there, +2C here, tough decision. Now to decide which tobaccos to pack in case the winds one day are heading towards JPBerg's place. I really should get some Merde de Cheval for those special occasions.

User4408, Lucky Duck, Stormy and 12 others like this.
  17. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

HH Vintage Syrian in a Vauen scandic

18. CoreyR

CoreyR Active Member

[​IMG]The job has me on the road for a few days, (travel pay, yay! the only time I actually make any money...and then blow it on tobacco, scotch, Old Dog, and my GF ;-) Anywho, here is my "travel kit," now that I am back on "authorized pipe smoking."
    I went to the doctor yesterday and he did NOT tell me "do not smoke your pipe." Of course, he might have had he thought about it, since I was there for a three month long, lingering cough, but the pertinent point was, he did NOT say it. :bing: (puff puff, cough, puff)

19. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Last day of my 4 day weekend, and
    the kitchen reno is coming along.
    Spent half of yesterday at Ikea.

Now loading some Grasmere Flake
    in a Falcon for my first smoke of the day.
    Thanks to SouthBound for the sample.

20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yes. There is a young man who has lost at least a few of his marbles. Yesterday in class he was behaving so erratically that one young lady left "to go to the bathroom" (have another class's professor call the police) and when he finally left a different girl started to cry. I actually haven't been so uncomfortable in recent memory.

He's in one of my Monday-Wednesday classes as well as one Tuesday-Thursday. I was getting set to leave the house this morning and he was walking to class right across the street. Even less than I wanted to be in class with him did I want to walk there with him. So I took my brother to the grocery store instead. I don't think I'll have to see this guy again - I can't imagine he'll be here next year. I hope he gets the help he needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.