What Are You Smoking? April, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morse

Morse Active Member

just not the '65 paneled please

psquared, jpberg, MDaws79 and 11 others like this.
  2. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Carter Hall in the Falcon

Artistik, Smokey, Lucky Duck and 19 others like this.
  3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Just finished a small MM cob with Bull Run some Hater sent to me and of course I hated it. ;) Now I'm having an orange and a large cuppa black of Jamaican Blue Mountain.

Lucky Duck, psquared, jpberg and 15 others like this.
  4. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

AJ's VaPer in the Washington on the way to my friend's house.

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Paneled Dunhill, Ser Jacopo Squashed Tomato... you know your killin' me, don'tcha!!

Still watching the ball game and getting ready to start work, and smoking Edward G. Robinson in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. Same bottle of Sprite, same active kitty cats.

Lucky Duck, psquared, jpberg and 16 others like this.
  6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Five Brothers in the Kapet 03. This is necessary

Smokey, Lucky Duck, psquared and 15 others like this.
  7. highstump

highstump Active Member

So...pipe tool?
    Tools can be useful; I mean after all, cousin Spill is trading pipes for them. Course now days it all hinges on whether you are a hand tool or a power tool.
    :ngty:
    Back in my day (I really can't believe I actually said that) which was about here :hp2: it didn't matter.

Orlik Very Dark, Kinda Strong, Somewhat Kentucky in a Savinelli 824 of the Bordeaux species.

8. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

A little AoTM in the Irving Cobb cob :bow:

Lucky Duck, psquared, jpberg and 14 others like this.
  9. dBear

dBear Active Member

I've been watching this posting for two hours and it hasn't changed!! :cfsd:

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Had to crank out some work this morning, but now I get to smoke a honkin' big bowl of Classic Burley Kake in my Rekamepip maplewood tankard, drink a new pot of coffee, and enjoy our wonderfully rainy Tennessee Spring weather. (Oh, and for you Shire folks ... :moon:)

psquared, jpberg, MDaws79 and 17 others like this.
  11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Clean up on aisle 7b, where are the nubile's? [​IMG]

Lucky Duck, psquared, jpberg and 9 others like this.
  12. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Eating at a local Mexican joint with the boss lady and one of her friends. Drinking humongous 32oz beers in Johnny Dingo's honor. Planning on firing up a RockCob full of Kendal Kentucky in a few minutes.
    [​IMG]
    Yea. That's a full size margarita glass in the background :byg:

13. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Man , yer killin me .... you want to be smoking SWRA when the " ladies " are around ... man , if I had a yard stick that could reach ya today :eek:

Artistik, Smokey, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  14. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Well-Known Member

Bad, bad Walkinstick now I gotta get beer, bad!

Lucky Duck, psquared, jpberg and 13 others like this.
  15. WalkinStick

I offered to send ya that rose of Yorkshire pint glass. Should've taken it :byg: I've got that spare just collecting dust...

psquared, MDaws79, Smithy and 10 others like this.
  16. Tsal

Tsal Old Timey

Afternoon Pipers. Some Moldy Penzance in a 320. This is my first bowl since the birth of my son last week. Loovin' Life right now!!!

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I thought about smoking FVF, but knowing that I have ERR here (thanks to Highstump), I had to have it. So, it's 2008 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09). And working on a special project for a friend.

18. WalkinStick

Congratulations! :buds:

psquared, MDaws79, Old Codger and 7 others like this.
  19. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]
    I’ve collected clay pipe heads for years, bottle digging, metal detecting, flint arrow head hunting then one day while looking at the biscuit tin full [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    these would be better put back into use rather than just collecting dust. Go back 25 years + and We were picnicking on the banks of Lake Windermere and spotted some Reed growing near by so brought a small bunch back, on the then XP 500 Yamaha single motorbike, and planted it in the front garden
    [​IMG]
    it soon took over the garden and a few years later
    [​IMG]

over the years I’ve used it in a few projects with it being hollow, and a few recent photo’s
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So it seemed the ideal medium for a pipe stem, the reason I chose this pipe for the ClayPril was it was the Mark 1
    before I thought of the brass pipe tennon

2nd up

[​IMG]
    and also Me finding PSF :-
    Hi Labman your post spurred me to join PSF, I've been collecting all sorts of stuff that's taken my eye from fossils to flints to clay pipe heads, not really studied them mainly just file them in an old biscuit tin. There's canals and railways locally so allot of the 17 and 1800's pipe heads have an Irish theme from the Navies (mainly made in Manchester though) but about 20 years ago they were building an industrial estate down by the river at Crosshills, which is the village I come from, about 12 miles from where we live now and they’d just scraped the top soil off the fields so I went down with my metal detector and straight away found a pipe head then another and another. I gave up to the detector and gathered a pocket full of pipe heads – the next weekend when I went back the foundations were poured and the green field site lost forever Crosshills used to be a small village with green fields and woods between it and the next villages Sutton, Glusburn,Eastburn,Steeton Farnhill,Kildwick they all had their own Pubs and cricket teams with their friendly rivalry now it’s just one soulless urban sprawl and most of the pubs have gone !
    If you have Google Earth the site is at :- +53* 54’ 19.85” -1* 58’ 46.72"
    I don’t know what was going on in the early 1600’s for there to be so many pipe heads (Fair, Market, Horse race, it’s very near an old crossing over the river only 400 years and no one knows) but most of the heads were small Tobacco being a scarce and taxed ! (so nothing’s new) it was seen as a luxury item hence the very small bowls at the time. I think the next “idea” came while pruning the Bamboo in the front garden. that being hollow it would make pipe stems to repair the heads, so using 1/8” brass tube as a tennon

and after at least 250 bowls through it there’s no problems, what I’ve learnt from ClayPril :-
    1 – make a mouth piece, the pipe’s so light your going to forget your clenching

Omar Serrato said:
    You know what, I tried clay pipes, I just can't get passed the way it feel in the mouth. I'm a clencher...
    OK :- 11 Clay Pipe's http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/clay-for-april.27277/
    [​IMG]
    One Mouth piece
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2 – make a hard carry tube, you’ve got it because 250 years ago some one dropped it, or sat on it in their pocket !
    I picked up a discarded poster tube and cut it down to fit the clay and the bag of thin Falcon cleaners
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I’ve smoked a few bowls putting this post together, hope it’s been informative

Lucky Duck, jpberg, MDaws79 and 22 others like this.
  20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Granger in a cob. Waiting for the annoying skaters to start making a ruckus outside my window...always seems to happen when I smoke Granger in a cob.....

Smokey, Lucky Duck, psquared and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.