What Are You Smoking? April, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Hello all PSFers, been playing catch up on this forum for the last hour. Congrats JimInks! Wicker, the pics of you smoking the frog made me laugh out loud.

The weather around here has really made the mushroom season a little unpredictable, but today I had some success
    [​IMG]

Had a fun time smoking pipes with Jack wagon earlier

Goodnight all!

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The Magnum Opus was great, and as is this bowl of cinnamon Vintage 1978 MacBaren Symphony (thanks to FlatbushPaul) in a smooth three quarter bend 1979 made in Israel pipe. Time to feed the kittens some wet food and then back to work.

3. Animage

Animage New Member

I just got my order of Hobbit's Weed, and had the first bowl on the drive home from work. It was fantastic! One of my favorites so far for sure.

4. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I'm closing out the evening with some Borkum Riff Whiskey in a billiard, night-night everyone...:)

5. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Working on Sugar Barrel, will have a second bowl soon enough, so far, it is neither sugar, nor barrel flavored, I get small hints at some different flavors, but nothing sweet or wooden in there for me. Yet

Beefcube, Smokey, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  6. Animage

Animage New Member

Were you hoping for the sweet or the wooden lol?

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Well , the good new is that Anheuser Busch is own by the Belgians , whom make the worlds great beers !
    The only difference I think I can taste in the Rolling Rock is that it isn't as dry as it used to be .. not as crisp . But it could just be me getting older .
    It's still a lovely easy drinking beer with a light dish , which btw was fantastic tonight !! She made the fish by placing a filet on a blanched Collard Green leaf ... then a dollop of Coconut oil and Paprika , Garlic , Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper . Then wrap the fish in the leaf ... folded side down and bake . I went out of my mind with this dish !!!! The Rolling Rocks were awesome with it and I could eat this dish twice a week easy . The fish was a Talapia , which seems to be the vogue fish of the past couple of years . I really think this dish would super shine if fresh Haddock were used . But being collards are popular in the south and Haddock is a Northern Atlantic fish ... doubt Ill ever get that combo together , fresh .

8. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

The clouds over JPBerg are still hiding the moon but the light is starting to come through a bit as the moon distances itself from a moderator, as all good moons ought to do. While waiting for the moon to escape his clutches a Peterson 80S full of MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian and a little scotch are making the time pass pleasantly. First whippoorwill song of the year is now playing backup to the loon.

9. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Haddo's Delight in a Karl Erik Ekstravagant 1/4 bent brandy, accompanied by some Redemption Rye.

10. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Congrats Jiminks on 2K!! It is always fun to read your posts! And nobody here has as many fancy dan pipes! Keep them coming buddy!:appl:

Earlier it was FVF in a Davorin Morta Billiard and now it's Uhle's 300 in a GBD New Era Square Shanked Flame Grained Billiard
    with ice tea.:bing:

11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

G.L. Pease Union Square in the Johs bulldog. Really wish I was asleep, but it's Saturday night, and that means that, living as close to campus as I do, my neighbors all become extremely obnoxious around midnight. I don't expect to be able to get to sleep for another two or three hours, so I might get in one more bowl beyond this.

12. Albert

Albert Active Member

GLP Telegraph Hill in the Berg Wade...

13. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

H&H Mature Virginia in a 1957 Kaywoodie billiard meer

14. JimInks

Thanks, buddy! I may have a lot of pipes, but I sure see a few guys who have good collections and have pipes I wouldn't mind owning. You know what I would have really liked to have seen was actor William Conrad's pipe collection. I'll bet that would have humbled us all. Btw, you have to put up with a 30 second commercial at the beginning and a few commercials inbetween, but here's William Conrad on Hollywood Squares smoking a pipe:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...pkey=690d371b-4a17-4d23-ab29-220d83e4ae71||||

15. JimInks

Forgot to mention that I'm smoking the last of this stash of MacBaren London Blend in a late '90s half smooth/half etched freehand sitter, medium bend Nielsen Viggo. I'll smoke it again one of these days, but I've other stuff to fill the gap. Drinking ice water, and reading box scores.

16. Waino

Waino Active Member

Good morning gentlemen and Ruffinogoldswife.

Old Dublin in a Butz Shoquin.

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

McClelland Navy Cavendish, apparently from 2000 or so. This is good stuff - Ben Wade billiard.

18. dBear

dBear Active Member

Excellent big bowl of Black Lung in the Sav 315EX, listening to the thunder and the rain.

JimInks, 2000 posts and counting! I love building an image of the pipe in my mind, adjective by adjective, every time you describe one of your pipes. Also, my regards to Suzy, Molly and M'Lady! :bing:

19. JimInks

Thank you for the kind words, dBear. I love talking pipes, and greatly enjoy learning about everybody else's pipes and what they smoke in them. I've seen some real beauts here; more than one has made me a little envious, too.

Suzy and Molly may feign indifference, but m'lady read the nice things everybody wrote here, and she said, "There are some really cool people on [this] site." I couldn't agree more! However, the Saint Bernard is frustrated that he can't read these posts. Then again, he has the key to the whiskey cabinet, and I'm not sure how much he really cares right now.

20. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Is his face all dusty Jim? if so, he could care less about any of our ramblings at this point.;)

p120d16y, Lithua pipe, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.