1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? April, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff10236

Jeff10236 Member

Last night shortly before bed, I first smoked some 2 year old McClelland Yenidje Highlander in my sandblasted Hardcastle Prince. I decided I wasn't finished and so I moved to some 4noggins Covered Bridges in my Invicta Canadian (after trying several things in it, I've decided it is an aromatic pipe).

I'm about to head out to get some breakfast (I need to go shopping and there is no breakfast food in the house). On my way there, on an empty stomach, I'll probably go with a fairly light on the vitamin N aromatic or English. On my way home it will be time to wake up and I'll have a full stomach, so I'm thinking a nice Lakeland wake-up call with some Ennerdale or Bosun cut plug. Both tobaccos will probably be in a Peterson, I've been neglecting my Petes of late (though if I go with a cob, I can bring one pipe for both tobaccos).

2. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Good morning,

Beautiful sunny morning, smoking GLP Laurel Heights in the Big Ben, with strong coffee.

3. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Good morning everyone, yesterday was picture perfect, today it's a dark gray Sunday morning here in the Blue Ridge, heavy rain on the way, Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey and coffee for breakfast as I settle in for a day of severe weather...:puffy:

4. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I moderated the weather today so you and OC would quit your bellyaching.

5. Brit abroad

I was wondering who was in charge of the weather in these ere parts, thanks for the heads up, standby for Hurricane season, just off to dig out my cranky pants:D

6. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill Member

Good morning Ya'll. kick starting this Sunday off with Royal Yacht in a Tsuge, with black coffee.

[​IMG]

7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

The boy and I are in the woods with the Tsuge Tankard filled with AoTM.

8. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Waking up with a bowl of Brigham's English Mixture in a Peterson bulldog and fresh ground coffee.

9. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

A big bowl of Frog Morton Cellar in a Pete with my coffee. Getting ready to walk the dog and then build some wheels. I was thinking of trying not to spend too much on pipes and tobacco this week. That lasted until 6:30 this morning.

10. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Orlik Bull's Eye in a curved briar with a cup of tea. Can't believe I'm so bored I'm actually watching Beverly Hills Cop 3.

11. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Managed to get up closer to my weekday time, for my reading. Sugar Barrel, followed by Irish Whiskey, both in briars. Irish Beakfast tea on the side. I.W. in a cob has yet tobe lit.

12. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

That's what I call Shortcut to Mushrooms! :th1:

13. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Smoking a bowl of Vauen #15 in Briarwood Cob
    :puffy:

while sweeping the floors and dusting the shelves in my virtual store

:shead:
    103_0785.JPG

14. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Good morning PSFers. The dogs have been walked and fed, Stryder has had his food tossed ( he can eat whenever he wants, but he seems to wait by his food until I stir it up a little, or until I pretend to eat some), and the coffee pot just told me that the coffee is ready. So I am going to have some coffee and make some bacon and eggs, then have a bowl of Balken Sombrie (sp?) courtesy of Stonewall. Have a happy Sunday!

15. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

65 and sunny here this morning, headed for 90 by this afternoon. I thought I was going to DGT some bullseye flake but it seems I enjoyed the whole bowl last night, nothing but ash this morning. So now I'm having some walnut in a somewhat pipe shaped blob of wood I whittled yesterday.

Lots of black coffee watching the kitten running frantically from one thing to another that she's not supposed to be into.

16. Brit abroad

More Laurel Heights, more coffee while enjoying the moderated weather!

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Suzy and Molly were sound asleep until I lit up this bowl of Mohawk River in a 1979 rusticated medium bend Italian Sir Jeffrey Dublin sitter. I don't think I took more than six or seven puffs before Molly came in and looked at me kind of funny, with that, "You're smoking something interesting again, aren't you?" stare. I know this sounds strange, but she does seem to hang around more when I smoke Old Companion. I wonder what she's going to do when I'm done with this tin of OC, which will happen before too long?

18. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Now I am hungry for bacon and eggs.

19. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

There is never a bad time for bacon and eggs.

20. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

oh :poop:, I just noticed that I hit my 500th post somewhere and I didn't even celebrate,:startl: I hope I said something profound in it!:( not likely.
    I read in here somewhere that when you hit 500, you are instantly eligible for abuse from the other retrobates. All the abuse and none of the party, that sounds about right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.