What Are You Smoking? April, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Took 2 bowls of Blue Mountain to get the grass cut, but the rain held off til I was finished. Now to catch up on the thread...

2. highstump

highstump Active Member

I'm all for ruffling the feathers. We can't do any more harm than all the spandex clad runners down there showin us how to stay fit. If some of those folks would get jobs they wouldn't need to run to stay fit. This brings up another topic for the next city council meeting. It ought to be illegal for men to wear spandex. :eek:

3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I decided on smoking Edward G. Robinson's Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin. And a can of 7-Up. Watching the Reds-Nationals game while waiting for Vin and the Dodgers at 4:10 today.

4. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Erinmore flake in a cob. Enjoying it thoroughly.

5. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Middletons Walnut in the Golden Duke

User4408, Lucky Duck, Smokey and 18 others like this.
  6. krusty

krusty Active Member

SWMBO is tellin' me it's time to go outside. Her list needs attention. weeee.

Half&Half in the Cob Snob, coffee, Advil....

7. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

My grand pappy always told me that the best hangover cure was to not stop drinking. Ever. Of course, he was Irish.

8. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I smoked my last bowl of Germain's Brown Flake yesterday. It was the typical excellent flavor, but it was sad knowing I had no path for another bowl. I'd been nursing that tin (in jar form) for a year, with the hopes of finding more before it was gone. I haven't seen a tin for sale once in the past year, so I guess my last bowl is done.

Today I decided on mixing the GBF scraps with Peter Heinrich's Special Curly. I usually leave the curly coins whole, but broke them up this time to mix better with the GBF. It's actually yielding a nice, flavorful smoke.

Now to GoogleMap jpberg's house for the tobacco ninjas I hired to find me some more.

9. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Just fired up my DGE poker nosewarmer full of Kendal dark. I definitely don't smoke this thing as often as I should. It's an awesome little chunk of briar.

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Carter Hall in an MM spool cob. This is not my favorite smoke, but it's a darn good smoke and makes an excellent palate cleansing change of pace.

11. user3221

user3221 Active Member

If you like Half and Half
    you probably would like the zigzag cigar blend pipe tobacco
    don't know why they called it cigar tobacco

12. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Guess i will put on my work hat and go make dust piles ot in the garage

so hey

time to load up some of this Reverie (Thanks fishnbanjo ! )
    and give it a shot

:th1:

13. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

After reading a thread about coffee flavored blends, I have a hankering for some Peretti Coffee blend. Firing up some now in a Soren freehand. OMG this smells so yummy in the jar. I just want to eat it. lol
    :D

14. Waino

Waino Active Member

Last Ice Hockey games. Back to rink at the end of July. Must give some time to wife before I' m in a transfer list.

Westminster in a BST.

15. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

It's been a dreary rainy day here but I have spent the afternoon enjoying an assortment of hot teas and McClelland Virginia combinations, it's been a great afternoon!

Artistik, User4408, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  16. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Thank you. Cutting up deadfall with a chainsaw has the side benefit of a decent shoulder massage. Relaxing on the deck with Hyde Park in a BST Canadian and an Old Tyme ginger beer. +23C(73F)H27%

Edited to add: It snowed last night by the Rocks, please have it warm up back there by Thursday.

cobbsmoker, User4408, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Now smoking Virginia Spice in a 1979 brown grain etched Lane Era Charatan's Make medium bend saddle stem calabash shape 483DC. A bottle of Sprite is my drink. Vin is on the radio and I'm in the studio. Regular ol' Sunday, though I could do with less rain and less gray in the sky.

18. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Good evening everyone. I'm just about to enjoy the second smoke with the DGE Poker nosewarmer. It has already started to darken up a little bit - but maybe that's just a pipe-dream. :msty: Dan's Ascanian#2 Sweet & Gentle in:
    [​IMG]

19. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Ohhh yeahhh - you have a point there! :toast:

Morse, YAPPG, Lucky Duck and 5 others like this.
  20. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

"Darling, my own, faithful and true...." I remember singing that at a recital sometime around 1983.

I realize that moderator and miracle worker both start with "m", but please.....

Smoking some of SB's Grasmere Flake, in a Doug Erwin cob.

Morse, User4408, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.