1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? April, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Good afternoon PSF!
    First bowl of the day:[​IMG]

2. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Finished some dgt'd Blakeney's best bayou slice in the Kriswill this morning. Airing out some c&d bayou morning flake...

3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Jumped all over the Tsuge Tankard this morning on my way to PT/OT filled with Anni Kake and finished on the way back, man I can't get enough of either AK or the Tsuge, lovely smoke and smoker indeed.

[​IMG]

4. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Trying to work from home but wasn't getting much done because I kept wanting to stop and smoke a pipe. I decided to switch to the Tsuge Bent Brandy with McClelland 5110 because its light and hangs nice so maybe I can work and smoke.

5. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

C&D Izmir in a Cellini bulldog. Black coffee.

6. Albert

Albert Active Member

PSF LNF in a Spillcob. Black Coffee.

7. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

Just got a fancy new leather recliner, so what better way to break in a smoking chair than a bowl of Penzance in a Pete 999.

8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

More turkish shag in the RC
    be kinda glad when this stuff runs out so i can smoke something better

9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Granger in a cob, not feeling so great...caught a nasty cough. Right when I ran out of my snus, too! So, I'm trying to cut down on tobacco until I'm better, and stick to simple stuff until I can better appreciate my smokes.

Still, loving this Granger!

FlatbushPaul, Morse, psquared and 7 others like this.
  10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Had about a third of a bowl of MD mix, so I put it in the DGE Chunky Elegancy whilst I stumbled around the place making coffee. Now I'm sitting with a bowl of Early Morning Pipe in the Pony Foot meer, drinking said coffee. For some reason, Spring is just refusing to set foot in Tennessee this year. (I blame all you Canadians.)

11. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Good afternoon, folks. Reiner LGF in a Northern Briars banker. The loveliest VaBur of them all, never lets me down.

Soggy and grey here today. 48˚F (9˚C), 89% RH, winds east at 10 mph. The winds have shifted from NE to E, and we'll have 75˚F weather here before the week is out. I'm not exactly thrilled about the return of the warmth, but I'll probably make the best of it by going out to Oak Mountain or someplace like that and doing some hiking around. A little walk in the woods stands to do me some good.

12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Soon I'll be heading out to my next class. I don't want this bowl to end, because it is keeping me in my apartment.

My next class has only eight students, myself included.

One of them seems to have lost his mind. He appears to be quite troubled, and is exhibiting some very unusual behavior and expressing barely coherent thoughts involving some (apparently) delusional thinking. He's in another class of mine, too, so I see him 4 days a week when he shows up to class. Over the course of the semester he's seemed to become increasingly agitated, bothered, and gripped by some obsession. Sometimes he's lucid, friendly, reasonable and outgoing, but at other times he just stares right through things and makes comments which don't make sense or fit in to the context of the discussion at hand. I am beginning to suspect he's more than just eccentric and outspokenly devout......he goes beyond that.

I sent an email to one of my professors last night about it. I would hate to assume something bad about him, but his behavior is deeply unsettling of late, and after almost every tragic outburst you see people reflect upon the "warning signs" which went unnoticed. Hopefully my worries are unfounded, but if not, I don't want silence on my conscience.....

So, the excuse to stay in my apartment and enjoy the Granger has been a nice comfort! Stress relief :)

13. fordy

fordy Member

Its ruddy nithering down here in London - snowing all day. Nelsons got a frozen column!!!! Sat in the car with st Bruno in the falcon/plymouth after an afternoon in the National Gallery.

psquared, FlatbushPaul, Morse and 9 others like this.
  14. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Sounds a lot like a guy that I used to have to associate with. I always thought he was on something, turns out he was. "Bath Salts."

Lucky Duck, nesta, YAPPG and 3 others like this.
  15. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Round 2 of the CH Top Black Cherry.(Thanks Dbear) This isn't bad. Actually it is kind of growing on me. It has kind of a creaminess, vanilla perhaps, and the Cherry like flavor keeps triggering my memory center. Though the actual memory it is trying to find has thus far eluded me.

16. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Cherry Wood COB for a change
    Symphony in the fire pit

maybe will notice some cinnabons in this bowl full

104_2679.JPG

17. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Thats a beauty

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Earlier, it was Shortcut to Mushrooms in a straight 1979 MM Legend. Now, I'm half way through a bowl of Virginia Spice in a 2004 smooth long stem Canadian Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3. I was saving the latter pipe for Dunbar, but by the time I remembered that, I had the pipe full of tobacco. Too lazy to scoop it out, I did the brave thing and starting smoking it. Dunbar is in my near future, but the pipe will be ready for it by then.

19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Smokes like a champ

:th1:

there is so little said about ugly cheap pipes these days

Lucky Duck, Mington, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  20. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Longbottom Leaf in the same Tsuge. What a rule breaker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.