What Are You Smoking? April, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

You and Jimlnks are certainly the adventurous ones around here. :nwor:

Black Lung n the Blonde DGE Chunky Elegancy. Last of the coffee. I guess I'll have to start work now.

2. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Smoking some Granny White from Dbear. A nice vanilla cavendish. Thanks Dbear!

3. Smithy

Smithy Member

Started the day in the garage working on a cigar box guitar. PS Nougat in an Amphora x-tra 720 while I worked
    [​IMG]
    It was freezing out there so I am now I am inside warming up with Dark Star in the Nording Signature black grain sitter.
    [​IMG]

4. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

I'm on my way to the pub like every Thursday evening. once again I couldn't decide what to smoke , so I packed the bag with 2 cobs and 4 briars and 8 tins of tobacco to be safe. :bing:
    happy evening all!

5. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Thursday Night Therapy !!!

I used to do that for years till they switched 1/2 priced beer to Wednesday Night
    :toast::buds::drunk::dkn:
    oh when we were young

but at least you got plenty of tobacco for the night :th1:

6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Off for the ride around 100 mile country block to go check on my mom and dad
    danco deluxe loaded up for the ride home

this pipe was soaked in jack daniels honey whiskey and has now dried out for a week so should be good to go
    104_0402.JPG

7. buistd

buistd Sales Account

PS LNF in Parker. This is just one of those smokes that isn't working for me. Normally have no problems with this tobacco or this pipe, but something ain't happening today.

8. BurgundyRed

BurgundyRed Member

Just enjoyed Dunhill Nightcap in my GBD International.

9. JRobert

JRobert Hermit Forum Guide

Time for more 1792 in the billiard.

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Edward G. Robinson in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. The more I smoke this blend, the more I find I like the taste of it. I suppose I should, considering my avatar. I'm glad this mixture didn't disappoint me. I recommend it to anyone who likes a mild aro with a medium taste.

11. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be wholly surprised, and I think there is a very definite substance abuse issue involved. He didn't attend class this afternoon, sort of a relief actually, and near the end of the class period a police officer interrupted to speak to the professor in private regarding this student. Apparently, a few people have voiced some concern over this individual, and they're just trying to keep a lookout for him. As far as I know, he's not in any trouble, but something IS up.

I'm currently reading a copy of the homemade liturgical text he's been gifting to people (including teachers, in place of his assignments) and it is.....odd....to say the least.

So, after an unusual afternoon, Condor in the Viking, thanks to Tom Sawyer. Seriously, thanks. I need this!

12. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

I have been smoking SWR all day in the Westbrook Rhodie and it hasn't let me down. The ALOs (ankle/leg/orthotics) appears to be working so PT went exceptionally well today. Stopped by the local B&M (cig outlet) while Miss Daisy and I were out and picked up a pouch of Middleton Cherry blend and 2 oz. of Lane's RLP-6. I think I may have tried Cherry Blend many years ago. That may be where I got the idea that cherry flavored tobacco bites like hell. However, the bite could have been due to my newbie status. I've never had RLP-6, but Cobbsmoker says he likes it better than 1Q, and you know cob, he's usually right about codger blends and Mc. Clellan's VAs LOL.

13. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Hello PSF’rs, started the day off with a walk round the Plantation [​IMG]
    and decided to do some more potting up, which I’ll post about here :- (after this post)
    http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/a-uk-2013-growing-log.25334/page-5
    Mrs Wicker was out at the hairdressers so I used the front room workbench table [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I drove into the next village to pick her up and called in the newsagents for another G H’s Kendal Black Cherry
    to add to the [​IMG] as I’d emptied the jar refilling the Oilskin pouch.
    A few weeks ago in the Co-op I’d been joking with one of the young lads on the tills about buying the Weston's 8% Cider, as he’d commented that it was Rocket fuel and I’d said it was one of your 5 day fruit and veg. I got on with him that well we were holding the queue up by talking so I gave him one of my Blog cards [​IMG] and he e-mailed to say he was interested in bottle digging as well and back and forth it turned out we’d both been digging some of the local tips but never met. So the next time I was in the Co-op I took a resurrected clay pipe I’d dug to show him along with some other treasures like a broken 1780’s Silver Fusee pocket watch, just by chance he was serving at the Tobacco kiosk, where all the Tobacco is behind closed shutters and they’re not allowed to tell you what they stock ! Hi he said what would you like ? I’d just like to look in the cupboard at all the Drugs I said, He cracked up, just as the shop manager was walking up, No don’t ! he said look the managers coming now, the manager asked me what I wanted so I told him that I was a Tobacco Junkie and I needed to look in the cupboard for a visual Fix, I’m sorry Sir we’re not allowed to show you, you’ve got to know what you want, I want to look in the cupboard then I replied, It’s against the Law Sir and it’s to protect children. Look I said pointing to some packets of sweet (sugar) cigarettes in the sweet rack you’d be more likely to protect children putting those behind shutters you’ve got to be over 18 to by Tobacco anyway, by now the lad Mick could hardly keep a straight face, so as not to get him in bother I turned off the Wicker routine and told the manager that I was only joking asked Mick when his next break was and the manager told him to take it now. So we went outside and Mick rolled a cigarette as I showed him the clay and how to fill and light it, let’s have a go he said and proceeded to knock it back and swallow the smoke, I don’t actually swallow it I said but smoke it more like a Cigar, no it’s fine doesn’t it have allot more flavour than rolling Tobacco. The next day I called and gave him a resurrected clay and an oz. of Wicker mix and showed him by letting him fill it (my Good Deed for the day) he lives in the same village as us, with his Mum and Dad and gave us his phone number,
    Right back to today I called in to see if he was in but it was his day off so I went home with Mrs Wicker not forgetting to tell her that her hair looked nice I didn’t mention that it better had after 2-1/2 hours. We went in through the clay pipe stem grove
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and while Mrs Wicker made a lunch time snack I gave Mick a phone to ask if he had a garden ? well my Mum and Dad do but I’ve got an Allotment why ? [​IMG] I’ve just been potting up my Tobacco seedlings and I wondered if he wanted any, his reply Wow I’d thought about growing Tobacco but didn’t know where to start I’ll buy them off you, no I’m giving them away but how did you manage to get an Allotment, we live on ******* rd. and the council offered the new Allotments to the local residents first I don’t know much about gardening but I grew potatoes and onions last year, I haven’t told him we had a small holding 25 years back and were semi self sufficient but arranged for him to come for a Curry this Sunday after his stint at the Co-op and let’s see where this leads, like if I can put a Polly tunnel up and split the crop 50/50 with him ? as well as grow in pot’s at home. Mrs Wicker had made Shropshire Blue and Wooky Hole cave aged Cheddar cheese Oat cakes with Red Onion, Crisps and Turkish Black Olives and I had a Speckled Hen or 2
    [​IMG]
    and mixed the G H’s Kendal Black Cherry
    [​IMG]
    into the last pouch of Wicker mix
    [​IMG]
    I’ve had a few bowls now and for me it’s a winner
    [​IMG]

14. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Struggling with slow PDF downloads, smoking Coniston Cut Plug in a Falcon. If anyone has any pearls of wisdom about differential gene expression in developing embryos, retanoic acid, Hox genes, Sonic hedgehog etc etc blah blah blah, I would greatly appreciate any input. Anyone?

15. Albert

Albert Active Member

C&D Oriental Silk in a Spillcob... 30C(86F)H13%

16. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Still at the pub, smoked some Solani ABF in the cob, followed by a bowl BBF in the Moretti - now I'm working on a bowl of Three Nuns in a dublinshaped Pete Aran B7. Great night, hope you guys have a awesome evening as well! :bing:

17. JRobert

JRobert Hermit Forum Guide

C&D Dark Burley in a cob. Baking stuffed wontons for dinner.

18. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Active Member

Jackknife plug in a Falcon

19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

It's cold and rainy here, but I'm comfortable with a cup of hot tea and a bowl of FVF in a small 1982 three quarter bend meer with a smiling Turk's head. I also had a great surprise in the mail that I'll expand upon in a later smoking update. The generous sender knows who he is, and you will, too, later!

20. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Dark twist in a Savinelli.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.