What Are You Smoking? April, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwhit

dwhit Member

There is a new Savinelli Canadian with BEAUTIFUL grain that keeps trying to follow me home from my local tobacco shop :). How do you like yours? I may pick it up today....

Mark Dawson, User4408, dBear and 3 others like this.
  2. Albert

Albert Active Member

I LOVE IT!!! It has become my favorite shape and what a smoker!!!!
    I have the 802 shape like the one below but mine is a black sandblast. I really want to order the one below as well.
    [​IMG]

3. dwhit

dwhit Member

Ok, so now I have to get a purchase order from my wife, and it is mine. Thanks !

Mark Dawson, Mington, dBear and 2 others like this.
  4. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Good morning all, hope everybody has a beautiful day. Sunny here but nippy wind. Been sitting on the front porch with some PA in a cob, then in the Pete. Have to come in ever so often to get more pg tips . Waiting on that truck to bring my order from p&c today for my monthly ration of pipe tobacco. retirement is good but the once a month SS payday sucks.

5. Lithua pipe

Lithua pipe Active Member

GLP Charing Cross in a Edwards straight billiard carved

6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Kendal Dark in a L'Anatra billiard, PG Tips on the side

edit: it was a fine smoke, but I've got a bit of a chest cold and a stuffy nose, so I'm probably only going to have one or, at most, two more smokes today. Gotta enjoy what I can! Now it's off to the library to get some homework taken care of.

7. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Good evening! Finally a pipe... before I start to prepare dinner for the family. OGS in a cob. (MM Diplomat and a forver stem of course)

8. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Pulled a double shift last evening, so, its flap jacks and coffee to start the day and a bowl of RLP-6 to ease into it...

9. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Rewarding my work well done with some medium flake in the painted cob....:shead: 104_0404.JPG

our daughter just moved so she was having some of her items dropped off at our house
    kids toys, spare tires and other assorted junk from her garage

1 item being returned to us was our deep freeze

well needless to say the people delivering the stuff to our house got the address mixed up ( idiots )
    but yet followed instructions to put said items underneath the back porch...

several days had past and i grew concerned that the deep freeze may have been stolen

then we get a telephone call from our next door neighbor stating that they found a whole bunch of boxes and various other items..... Underneath their back porch ! asking if may be ours or if we had seen who put that stuff there, This lady was very concerned due to the deep freeze reeking with odor and she was afraid to open it up to find something bad.....

our neighbors hate us

so that is what i've been doing this morning and deserve a break

10. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Rain again - and the fruit trees rejoice again. Got in some McC Orient 996 in the smooth bent rekamepip fruitwood pipe that brings out the best in this blend. Separated and replanted the only strictly ornamental plant I ever get: a 4-cell variety pack of coleus that had TEN actual plants. Armando the rooster keeps crowing in between rain bands, to my amusement.

Artistik, TedVig, User4408 and 10 others like this.
  11. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Old Codger said:
    Essence of Vermont in a MM Legend. It's been warm while I was away, most of the snow melted. Cloudy, so can't see the rocks this morning. +2C(36F)H83%​

I'm on the map. Most of the time I'm in southern Alberta. http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/pages/memmap/
    My morning view is usually the Rocky Mountains (the rocks). Family home is in the Ottawa Valley/Lanark Highlands, Ontario, which is where I was the past week.

Got foggy for a while this morning and now it's just heavy cloud, rocks are still hiding. Painter Hills in a Peterson Canadian is turning in to a a very nice smoke right now. +6C(43F)H80%

12. Jfro

Jfro Member

Smoke one for me ladies and gents, I just got home after driving myself to urgent care after leaving the office. Prognosis - my back is jacked up pretty bad. Can't stand, can't sit. Constant pain with sciatica, not having a rad day.

Lucky Duck, User4408, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  13. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Black House in a Sas, and finishing off the Maxwell House. Wife's Birthday is tomorrow and being the good Hubbie that I am, I new just what she wanted (I asked her). Cash. So after work I'll need to sit and OHH and AHH at the clothes she's out getting. When will women realize that men would prefer them without clothes?!?!? Oh well, another mystery of life.

14. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Dang, I have been dealing with chronic back trouble for years and it is the worst. (Almost as bad as kidney stones).
    I have been there. It sucks!
    Rest up and feel better soon jfro.

15. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Everybody got up before me, so I'm the last one to eat. I'm half way through a bowl of Dunbar in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051. And getting ready for this evening's reunion with a few old friends.

16. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Hang in there Jfro.

17. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

[​IMG]

18. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Dinner was awesome. Pasta with fennel and salmon. Now I'm getting ready to smoke my after dinner bowl - Tudor Castle in the pre-republic Peterson Premier. Get well soon, Jfro!

19. Albert

Albert Active Member

1st smoke of a 7yr old tin of GLP Cumberland.. incredible!!! Its the burley version of Telegraph Hill to me. Love it!

20. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

either time's running faster or the days are getting shorter :cfsd: but today seems to have flown by 18:30 now and I never did get out to the shed :(
    Mrs Wicker wanted to go into Skipton for some chappatie flour for Sundays up coming curry it's only 6 miles so I drove the scenic route over the tops
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and had a ClayPrill of [​IMG] in the supermarket car park, the Bear has a fair sniff on him
    [​IMG]
    and so does the Fly
    [​IMG]
    back to Wicker Villas and I potted on some more of the Lizard Tail Orinoco
    [​IMG]
    It's going to live in the greenhouse during the day but be brought in to the front bedroom on a night as were still getting hard frosts
    [​IMG]
    more later Mrs Wicker's just banged the Slops Up Triangle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.