What Are You Smoking? April, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Dover

Dr Dover Member

I am taking this month to revisit old blends from memory lane. The OTC brands from days past. I picked up PA, CH, HH, CB Gold. I have found (to my surprise), some that I use to turn my nose up, are better than I remembered. I got older and I guess my tastes changed. I am shocked at the lack of selection that was once offered. I remember walking into a Peoples Drugstore in the Tidewater area of VA and being confused by the amount of selection. I have searched CVS, Walgreens and Riteaid and still have not found one SWR pouch. The current choices have been limited greatly. Also, they are now kept behind the counter and out of line of sight. Makes one feel like they are asking for an adult magazine.

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The kittens are giving me some space. Guess they feel guilty about keeping me awake this morning... or maybe they're too sleepy to bother me. I'd wake them up and ask them to feed me, but I don't care for Friskies Tuna and Shrimp. Oh well... on to Angler's Dream in a smooth 1998 Parker 489 three quarter bend Billiard. And hot tea.

3. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Looks like most of the day is already shot. Just line up a couple more bowls of something and call it a day. We know you meant well.

Smithy, psquared, Morse and 12 others like this.
  4. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Want to bet. :D

Morse, PipeWife, Lithua pipe and 9 others like this.
  5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Done deal. I like the way you think.

6. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

I know what you mean, adult mags and condoms are in the aisle's but it's like a speak easy looking for, or buying, tobak! :mad:

Smithy, highstump, psquared and 11 others like this.
  7. inkybat

inkybat Active Member

Now I'm making bread, drinking a coffee using Papua New Guinea beans and making bread and smoking Squadron Leader from a "Savoy" briar, anyone know that brand? It was my first pipe. It smokes well.

User4408, psquared, krusty and 14 others like this.
  8. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

You have some funny named tobacco's over there ! :cool:

Smithy, User4408, psquared and 11 others like this.
  9. buistd

buistd Active Member

I'm smoking a Falcon filled with my blend of leftover tobaccos. This blend contains a few GH blends and bit of Mick McQuaid Square Cut. If this blend was available to buy I'm sure it would be many people's favourite. As it is, I've only got two bowl's-worth of this current incarnation so I'm savouring it while it lasts. It's not often that the leftovers blend surpasses regular blends but this stiff is amazing.

Smithy, User4408, psquared and 13 others like this.
  10. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

In a way this Blog PSF Wicker Man Tour is for the Mayor (see final sentence)
    in the 9 weeks I’ve been a member of PSF I’ve had 7,780 + Likes
    in the 113 weeks I Blogged I had 449
    Mrs Wicker had gone out with her friend Mary this morning, some where exiting no doubt like the Shoe Mines or the Handbag Quarry and left me at Wicker Villas in the warm sunshine for a change, so I took the Tobacco seedlings out into the Greenhouse and came on here, to read
    ERR Match in my trust ole shop pipe while working on a blackstone pipe for wickerman

[​IMG]

[​IMG] I left the Bear searching the shed for some un-cut Whetstone, it would be better for me if I could cut in the hills to save carrying dead weight back on my back, I won’t say at the Quarry because the Victorians just about scraged most of it and Nature has swallowed up the scars
    [​IMG]
    while I drove into Town then along the motorway to the big hardware store
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    for some sanding belts
    [​IMG]
    and while I was there rack of eyed the Terracotta plant pot saucers, although the larger were a bit cheaper there was about 40% more surface area in buying two smaller ones
    [​IMG]
    back to the car and a Germain’s Special Latakia Flake in the ClayPril
    [​IMG]
    and here’s a Top Tip don’t drop your Brebbia pipe nail in the car, bounced of knee double summersault and into the hand brake tunnel
    [​IMG]
    driving out the motorway looked busy so I chose the main road back to Town, which turned out to be Saturday in the sunshine gridlocked. Just as I was crawling past the Kings Head the Beer Gods smiled at me as a car in front drew out of the line of cars parked at the side of the road. I went in to study the guest Beers purely for PSF Research,
    [​IMG]
    that's not my phone I asked some one at the Bar if they'd move while I took a photo
    [​IMG]
    chose
    [​IMG]
    I haven’t been in since they put all the outside tables away for winter, but they’re back and although the Bar was busy apart from the huddle of cigarette smokers by the door there was no one outside
    [​IMG]
    the sun was warm and off came the hat and pullover
    [​IMG]
    and loaded up the Clay with Germain’s Special Latakia Flake
    [​IMG]
    cheers All on PSF
    [​IMG]
    I had to force myself to have another so chose
    [​IMG]
    and had another pipe as well
    [​IMG]
    I only had an hour in the parking bay so on the way out I gave them Jfro’s contact details
    as they wanted some kegs taking down into the cellar !
    [​IMG]
    drove back to Wicker Villas and carried on with sitting in the sunshine drinking Beer and this time smoking an Orlik Bulls Eye
    [​IMG]
    I might put the Beer’s and Tobacco’s on the Mayors PSF Tab, but it’s hard work being your :-
    PSF YorkShire Correspondent

11. WallyBSez

WallyBSez Member

Love the pics Wicker!

Puffing on some Carter Hall in a MM Pride on a windy Saturday afternoon while doing yard work.

Artistik, User4408, psquared and 14 others like this.
  12. dBear

dBear Active Member

It's because you're family here, Wicker Man! (Okay, maybe a crazy old uncle, but family nevertheless.)

Smithy, highstump, User4408 and 16 others like this.
  13. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Absolutely, dbear! couldn't have said it better myself!

Smithy, JimInks, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Test driving the new Tsubota Pearl with AJ's Vapers in the Tsuge Tankard.

[​IMG]

Longshanks, Smithy, User4408 and 15 others like this.
  15. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Afternoon everyone, just kicking back with a bowl of McClelland Christmas Cheer 2012 enjoying a beautiful Spring day in the mountains...:puffy:

Smithy, Artistik, User4408 and 14 others like this.
  16. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Jedi called me in a panic asking if I could go watch her sisters baby. I ran out there and her parents were sitting in there car and as soon a got out of my truck they pulled up and said, "She's in the highchair!" and were off. Apparently they had a funeral to go too and Jedi was supposed to be there, but had forgotten. I walked into the house where a very angry baby was screaming at the top of her lungs. 2 minutes later I had her laughing and smiling as I walked her around the back yard and let her touch all the trees. Threw some AWOL Nation on the Iphone and she was dancing along. What a little rocker!
    I guess the moral of this story is that I'm kind of a big deal(Anchorman), with babies.

Right now I am enjoying a Bud Light and loading up a bowl of Luxury Twist Flake, in the MM Country Gentlemen, bent. No babies presently.

Smithy, User4408, psquared and 15 others like this.
  17. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Nice pics and story Wicker Man!
    I'm having my after dinner bowl, smoking some Ascanian#2 in a Pete 302.
    [​IMG]

18. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

I checked out your the bear's blog the other day and I would have to recommend it to anyone else that enjoys your story's as much as I do.
    There's even more pictures!:thu2:

Smithy, User4408, psquared and 7 others like this.
  19. ReeRan

ReeRan Member

Since it has been my goal to smoke my entire first tin of Cerberus before I touch any other tobacco, I gladly filled my new-to me- Ascorti I just got from SorringOwl. What a great smoking pipe!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Longshanks, Smithy, User4408 and 15 others like this.
  20. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Former birdseye flake in a tilshead prince.

Smithy, User4408, psquared and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.