What Are You Smoking? April, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

It's a beautiful morning here in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains this morning and another perfect day for a bowl of Virginia flake with the morning coffee and sunshine, McClelland Christmas Cheer 2012 in a billiard with the sounds of the Appalachians in the background...

User4408, psquared, dBear and 16 others like this.
  2. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday KN092011, hope that you are having a good one.
    Painter Hills in a Peterson 80s. Took one step out the door, turned around and came back inside. Freezing drizzle most of the night and it's just one big skating rink out there. -2C(28F)H98%

WickerMan. Back when I moved out here, they had rural mail delivery and you had to have a mailbox out by the main road. There were however no regulations about what name was on the mailbox. The whole point of moving out here was that I wanted to be left alone. The regulation mailbox was duly installed and the name printed on it was Aleistair Crowley. Worked well.

User4408, Morse, psquared and 13 others like this.
  3. sonarman

sonarman Member

Kingfisher from a super aged tin that Ichabod so graciously gifted me. I popped it yesterday to jar it up and good thing I did because it was starting to rust on the seal from age. The wax paper was a very nice dark brown and the tobacco smelled like oranges and plums! I kept out a bowl to smoke ( A huge one) and packed my Peterson SS 302 to the brim. All 3 tobaccos are well represented here with the base of Va's being very sweet, the burley bitterness (good thing) plays off them very well on the aftertaste and I suspect that there is just enough perique to make this blend very complex and unlike the few Va/Bur/Pers I have smoked. THANK YOU ICHABOD FOR THE CHANCE TO SMOKE THIS TOBACCO!

User4408, psquared, dBear and 13 others like this.
  4. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Slowly starting this Sunday morning. Reading and smoking NC in the Pete 2013 St. Paddy's Day. Next Sherlock Holmes in a mmCG. Now, Luxury Blend in another mm Cob. Only drinking fruit juice and water. No tea yet.

User4408, psquared, dBear and 12 others like this.
  5. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Camped out last night with my son (7). Got home and fired up a bowl of DFS in the Sav Dublin KS while the tent finished drying. About to hit the shower and get to work.

User4408, psquared, dBear and 13 others like this.
  6. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

:haha: Right on. Our closest neighbor when I was growing up was half a mile through the woods. Definitely beats living in town by a long shot.

User4408, psquared, dBear and 6 others like this.
  7. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Good morning PSF.
    Warm but windy as hell here in Michigan.
    Going to fire up some Rattray's Accountant's Mixture in my ebony Pete Killarney now with coffee and my weiner dog on my lap. :beck:
    (Wife still sleeping in with the other mutt dog. Enjoying the quiet. heh)
    Had some Rattray's Professional Mixture last night while watching the University of Michigan beat Syracuse in the NCAA basketball tourney to move on to the finals vs. Louisville Monday night.
    Happy Sunday all.

TedVig, User4408, psquared and 12 others like this.
  8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Quick bowl of Turkish shag

then to muster up enough courage to try out some
    Old Vintage Granger Tobacco that i found in antique store yesterday

In my new briar poker
    104_0427.JPG

User4408, psquared, dBear and 15 others like this.
  9. krusty

krusty Active Member

Second day in a row the cats let me sleep in. Nice!
    Celebrating this occurrence with Revor in my OT Davehill along with some bourbon "flavored" coffee. Good morning indeed (-:

10. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Frog Morton Cellar in an Upshall Dublin.

11. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Frog Mirton in an upscale dublin ???
    :)

12. Brit abroad

Brit abroad Well-Known Member

More Laurel Heights more Joe.

User4408, psquared, dBear and 9 others like this.
  13. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Just returned from a long walkabout with the Tsuge burning yet another bowl of AJ's Vapers!

[​IMG]

14. krusty

krusty Active Member

Been givin' both the Tsuge and AJ's a good run the past few days there banjo.
    Very understandable! Great tobacco and damn, but I do like lookin' at that pipe (-:

15. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Boswell apple strudel in a chacom.

User4408, Artistik, psquared and 12 others like this.
  16. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Moved on with FMOTT in the Pete and more pg tips to drink. Thinking about comfort food for today. Maybe waffles.

17. krusty

krusty Active Member

Indeed!
    Time to do the same.
    Eggs from the girls in the backyard, hashbrowns from last years Yukons and some meat candy (bacon).

highstump, dBear, Jfro and 5 others like this.
  18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Rekamepip was right about who woke me up this morning, but the method was not what he expected. I woke up only because Molly wouldn't let the missus sleep, so I got up to feed her and Suzy. We got home late because of my niece's wedding, and the kittens let us know they noticed that then... and later this morning. I'm making up for being up earlier than I wanted by lighting up a bowl of the current Three Nuns tinned version in a mid-late 1930s straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair. And Simply Orange for my drink.

19. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for human

Carter Hall in my first DGE cob. This pipe is groovy.
    [​IMG]

20. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

CH in a corndog with Maxwell House. Thought I'd get used to the green finish that I put on my St. Patties Corndog.... aint happening! Gotta go out and redo this thing, smokes great but everytime I look at it....nope, aint happening!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.