What Are You Smoking? August 2012

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by woody, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

That made me wince.

Another bowl of Painter Hills, this time in the dedicated MM Legend. The heat this summer has been better for the wasp population than I'd like. The Cat is at the screen again, so far hasn't damaged the screen while gyrating, contorting and pirouetting during it's attempts to catch an insect. 22C(71F)H51%

FlatbushPaul and Stormy like this.
  2. HazyDat620

HazyDat620 Member

For meerschaum only in the new pete. Wow this stuff is goooood

3. ric03

ric03 Member

I was really annoyed before. (Half an hour back.) In fact I'd go one further so far as to say I was downright bloody angry. Been reading ignorant comments on a news website about this that and the other by the usual immature pillocks who seem to find themselves compelled to post such rabid nonsense on these kind of forums... To answer the question: 1792 in a nice big Sav and I'm happy as a clam now :)

Old Codger likes this.
  4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Just enjoyed a bowl of Kendal Dark in the Wessex Dublin...earlier today, Ashton's Smooth Sailing in the Astas billiard

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  5. HazyDat620

HazyDat620 Member

I cant even stop for a second on foxnews, makes me want to blow stuff up....bad.:csmile:

Old Codger likes this.
  6. PipeLotus

PipeLotus Member

Grim times, smoking the last of my GL Pease Barbary Coast in my Mr. Brog XL pipe.

Sweet mother of all that is burley I love this stuff.

7. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Gawith Hoggarth Bright CR Flake.

Hello my friend. In the beginning in Bent pipes but now in Gourd Calabash or Meerschaum insert calabash.All of them with 9mm filter although very seldom i make them in Corn Cob with 6mm balsa filter.Here as a new pipe smoker you look in local or Germany market for Aromatics [fruit taste etc] but if you want to "search it" deeper and be an experience one you look mainly in the American market.

Old Codger likes this.
  8. MrJarvis

MrJarvis Member

A&c Petersen original navy cut from 2001 in the brine burner

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  9. phinz

phinz Active Member

Settling down to work on my Breaking Bad costume for Dragon*Con, so I just stuffed a Patriot full of Carter Hall in my gob.

Artistik and Old Codger like this.
  10. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Peterson Summertime 2012 in the new MM Legend that is getting everything put through it. Fun smoke, little bits of Prairie Wind/ Painter Hills coming through as well. 26C(78F)H39%

Morse likes this.
  11. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

So happy for you. Do you think you can keep opinions, particularly political ones, out of the freaking smoking thread? Thanks.

Commonwealth in a Castello.

FlatbushPaul and Skrymr like this.
  12. Iain

Iain Active Member

Nutty Cut in a Pete Dublin Churchwarden.

Seems like it's been a while since I last smoked a briar, meerschaum has been getting all my attention lately.

Old Codger likes this.
  13. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Just finished a sammich of Edwards Reserve with a delicious (and the last of my) Stimulus Package center in the latakia dedicated Savinelli Apple.

I will purchase no more Captain Earle's because I dislike the crumble cake...gets powdery...and I had it in a jar directly after opening the tin.

Mount Mandolin and OldSouled65 like this.
  14. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Active Member

Carter Hall, Coffee, And a new MM Spool, Should make for a great night!

Artistik and cobbsmoker like this.
  15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

CH in Corn
    Morning Coffeee,
    and a brown bag lunch for later tonight

have good day

Artistik likes this.
  16. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Afternoon, gents.

Long Golden Flake in a Pete B5. Just when I think I've finally broken this pipe in well (~50 bowls now), it smokes a little better.

17. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Getting low on Boswell apple strudel. No worry's I know a feller.

Old Codger likes this.
  18. HazyDat620

HazyDat620 Member

Really? Where was there a political opinion in there? and do you want to keep all opinions out of the forum, cause I would kinda think that would defeat the whole purpose of wanting to come to a community like this... for peoples opinions. Yes, your right, political and religious " opinions" should be kept out of this forum. Can you say that you have never made a remark on here about where someone resides, or they're particular smoking habits, and tastes based on which hemisphere they live in? I am not a political person, I do not vote or claim a side, frankly I don't care, its all messed up to me. I didn't make that comment based on a particular demographic of foxnews, but your comment did, so yes lets keep the political opinions to ourselves and so we can all get back to what brought us here... the chase for great smoking! and on that its canadian maple in a frank medico

19. krusty

krusty Active Member

Nuther' day put behind. Half&Half w/BCA and a cob took care of me at work. Same cob filled with Habana Daydream just now thanks to a trade with Matt, thanks sir (-:

20. cigarmonkey21

cigarmonkey21 Member

Margate in a brebbia linea "A" I like it. I think I might have to add this to my order Friday. Something about it just hits my palate perfectly. Thank you whoever sent me this sample.

Old Codger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.