1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

LOL, I remember visiting the inlaws back in the 80's when the wife and I took a walk on the beach in shorts then mutha takes her outer clothes off since she was wearing her bathing suit and went in for a dip, this was Daytona Beach the water was 72F. The lifeguard was in a car with the heater on, he got out when mutha came out of the water after 20 minutes and as I was handing her the towel he came up and said "excuse me ma'am where y'all from" mutha looks at him and says "Maine" he said "figures" then turns around and goes back to the car and his heater. Next morning it was 60 or so and the kids waiting for the school bus were wearing snorkel jackets and Sorrel Boots! Criminy we don't wear snorkel jackets unless it's -60F and Sorrel's for shoveling snow unless you're a skier then the hipster's where them apres skiing. Had to sneak down for another pipe, Latakia Flakes in the Boswell Churchwarden, got to see the Big Pipe and the Little Pipe the sky is so clear, yins call them Dipper. ;)

2. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Tonights smoke was SG Firedance in my Pete Craggy rock. This was my 3rd bowl of this toby and I left the flake out for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Next time I will leave it out for 2 hours. The toby was still very humid after the 1 hour and 15 minute mark. My 1st bowl out of the tin was discusting and I almost trashed the tin. Im happy I didn't.

[​IMG]

3. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Wusses, Come visit Quebec in Febuary it hits the 40 bellow 0 mark almost each day :)

4. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

It's probably been 75-78 for the past few mornings and I've been wearing long sleeves and a bandana when I ride the Harley to work. I know it isn't for most people, but 90F and 80% humidity is perfectly fine for me. :byg:

5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

:laff: No thanks brother. I'll come visit on that one day out of the year that it isn't -20C :byg:

6. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Earlier it was 4 big discs of Mac Baren Roll Cake in a straight MM Pride. Delicious.

So delicious in fact that I'm now doing a repeat: this time, 5 big discs of RC in a bent MM Legend. Using an air pocket, the draw has zero resistance even though it's a tad snug at the top. Lights and burns perfectly. A savory mouth-watering smoke.

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

:xd: I only have one thing to say about that. Well, I'll let Jed say it for me:

Gotta have a long talk with that boy!

8. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Kentucky Club Continental Blend in my 2013 POY...

I'm the opposite...anything above 70F is too hot...

9. phatdaddynxn

phatdaddynxn Member

Astleys No. 88 in my favorite old GBD

10. JimInks

Going back to work as I listen to some old-time radio shows with a glass of ice water chilled to the proper temperature with floaty li'l icebergs as my drink. I'm half way through this bowl of St. James Flake in a small slight bend black sandblast 2000 D.R. Ardor Urano Ninfea Fatta A Mano author with a silver spigot military bit.

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

Cool, man, cool! That is so deep. I do have a purple thingamajig flying through the sky and going splut, splut, splut. :cool: Hey, who'd you get to play the bongos for that cut?

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

You and me both! Water can do what it wants, but I freeze at 50F.

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Lighting up a bowl of Dockworker (thanks, Simmo!) in the Squatch prince.

14. JimInks

Thanks to Marker, I'm smoking Dunhill London Mixture in a 2003 medium bent meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl. I've enough for maybe a bowl and a half. Still working, still drinking ice water, and listening to radio shows. Gunsmoke is on now.

YAPPG, SidStavros, psquared and 13 others like this.
  15. user3221

user3221 Active Member

pm you a link to check out

beatnik.jpg

YAPPG, surlysoul, Lithua pipe and 5 others like this.
  16. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Quebec City and Montreal are the two coldest cities I've ever had the displeasure of wintering in. Nearly kilt me. I was straight out of Alabama the first time I went to Montreal, at the end of January. The stuff of night mares for a southerner. :)

I'm having my last bowl of Maltese Falcon in the Dip, before moving on to 10 Russians for the night. It has been a latakia day, no reason to change that now..

17. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Cairo in a Nording 1/4 bent brandy, accompanied by some Knob Creek.

YAPPG, psquared, surlysoul and 10 others like this.
  18. Clavius85

Clavius85 Member

Just some Lane 1-Q in a MM Country Gentleman. Nothing special!

YAPPG, SidStavros, psquared and 12 others like this.
  19. JimInks

Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1981 Century full bend natural egg. Have enough for just a few bowls now, but I have a few tins aging in the warehouse. Still working, drinking ice water, and now listening to the MLB talk on the XM.

20. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Yah, what you said!

YAPPG, dBear, surlysoul and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.