1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Ordered some Anniversary Kake last week. Looking forward to trying it!

YAPPG, Coastal Bend, dBear and 7 others like this.
  2. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Been working most of the day to finish a couple of pipe restorations. It is late and I needed just a wee bit of a smoke before bed. An Austin Shop custom blend "Chairman of the Board" courtesy of pipes2relax. Half a bowl in a Dublin churchwarden.

YAPPG, psquared, dBear and 11 others like this.
  3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Sometimes it's rather wet when it arrives, so you may want to consider drying it some if it does. I found it loses just a little sweetness when dry, so I recommend not drying it out completely. Lots of flavors in this blend. I wonder if I have enough aging sometimes. If you haven't tried Virginia Spice, you may want to. Nice buttery VaPer with some sweetness and spice, and a pinch or two of maduro cigar leaf.

YAPPG, psquared, dBear and 10 others like this.
  4. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Thanks, Jim. Sounds interesting! So many blends and so little time, but I'll keep it in mind for the next order.

YAPPG, dBear, surlysoul and 6 others like this.
  5. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Vinter in Luleå was no pic-nic. No matter how cold it is the wind is always blowing.

6. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Clan in an Ozark (cherry, bent) and strong tea. On my balcony. Now off to work!

psquared, dBear, surlysoul and 12 others like this.
  7. JimInks

Now smoking Blue Danube in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega. I've little more work to do and then I can quit for the evening, provided Suzy and Molly will quit jumping around in the studio.

8. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

The last of the Stonehaven in the AIC, with ice tea, watching the new Breaking Bad episode

9. JimInks

Finishing up some paperwork as I finish work for the day. Smoking Old Dark Fired in a 1970s GBD Prehistoric Rhodesian 9438 with a perspex stem. Then, it's time to read some box scores.

10. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Was six pages behind on the thread and caught up over breakfast, the time difference here makes for interesting morning reading. Seven more weeks and I will be back home and on a normal schedule, I also have a couple of nice estate pipes waiting for me. So the hobby should become a bit more energized as well as interesting. For now, am enjoying a bowl of VA Flake in the MM Diplomat with a nice expresso.

11. muddler

muddler Active Member

Clear & chilly here this morning. Not much to report - it's Monday & I'm not really ready for it. Coffee with SG Navy Flake in a Pietenpauw while I try to figure the day out.

[​IMG]

12. JimInks

This might be my last smoke before bed. Maple Street in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple. Suzy and Molly are fed, and I'm going to relax a little now.

13. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

:puke: Absolutely horrible, John. Even being geographically near that place would give me the heeby jeebies.

Insomniac bowl: Peter Heinrich's Special Curly in a Northern Briars banker. About to go to bed here in a minute.

YAPPG, Coastal Bend, psquared and 9 others like this.
  14. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Got some Sherlock Holmes going in the Pete 305, working on the black coffee. Gotta make breakfast, pack a lunch and head back to the salt mines (a little rough getting back into the routine after six weeks off). Have a great day, everyone!

15. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone! Peter Stockabye Luxury Navy Flake in my 2013 Kaywoodie PSF POY is my smoke. Black coffee is my drink. Looking down the barrel of a four day week. Puff on PSFers!

16. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Frog Morton, in a large, smooth billiard.

fishnbanjo, YAPPG, Thuber88 and 10 others like this.
  17. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

And for the second time the mysterious self-multiplying tobacco has been used up. Well, fortunately you got another bag of Edward G, that I've sent you. :thu2:

Just came home from the V/O gig, which went really great. They told me they're planning on doing 6 different cutdowns of this spot, so quite a big campaign and awesome material for my résumé. This professional success calls for a TAD purchase as a reward, so I'm hitting the road to Pfeifen TIMM - the awesome B&M with the Dan Tobaccos, maybe the twins are working today...:)
    Oh, and I'm posting it now because there's no internet connection in the shop - I will smoke my PSF POY in the shop - not sure about the tobacco yet.
    Have a great day all!

18. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Pics or the store visit didn't happen!

fishnbanjo, YAPPG, Thuber88 and 7 others like this.
  19. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

ending a long and reasonably productive day with JKP in the Pete. The lat ghost in the Pete does something good to the JKP. I got out the meat cleaver, sharpened it dangerously good, and took it to one end of the plug. Sliced off a couple of thick flakes, then cubed it, let it dry for a bit before rubbing out the cubes. Worth the effort as it is smoking well with only a couple of relights due to forgetting to breath when dealing with small rewrites. Rewrites and relights seem to go together. I puff like mad in first draft phase but slow down and quit breathing or breathing in gasps like a skin diver when in rewrite/edit mode. I didn't notice the odd breathing until I worked with a pipe in my face rather than cigs.

Tobacco and coffee. How were novels written before those two ingredients came together.:msty:

20. User4408

User4408 Active Member

GLP Union Square in a straight MM Pride ...

The tin was pooped open on January 1 of this year, transferring the contents immediately to a Kerr jar. The initial smoke was good, but a bit plain. Now it's superb.

The character of the Virginia resembles that of the old Rattray mixtures back when they were blended in Perth Scotland. Stout and fragrant, with a nutty yet slightly tangy quality. Greg manages to get his hands on some good leaf. There's no doubt about it.

fishnbanjo, YAPPG, Thuber88 and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.