1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

So are mine :byg: All my Spicoli's are older than me. I forgot you were a collector too :th1: Just look in the background of any of my cigar smoking pics. I'm always wearing them.

Lithua pipe, psquared, Snake and 8 others like this.
  2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I was thinking of shoes, myself, guys. lol

Lithua pipe, mecompco, mojo66 and 6 others like this.
  3. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Charring Cross in the old Rembrant Half-bent. More Pepsi Max to drink.

4. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Not yet! But in fact we talked about your awesome rocks! I forgot to bring mine along, so I showed some pictures and they were quite interested in learning more about their smoking qualities and the price and whatnot. Maybe we can work something out in the future! :)

Smoking some Anni Kake (6years old awesome stuff - thanks to fishnbanjo! :toast:) in my Tinsky Xmas Tanblast 2012 before going to bed.
    Happy smoking all!

5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Braves were in a rain delay, but they're playing now, though nobody's scored yet. Going to miss some of the game to listen to Vin Scully. At 85 years old, I wonder how long Vin will broadcast? Not going to lose a chance to hear him until then, because once he retires, he'll sure be missed.

Thanks to Marker, I'm smoking Dunhill London Mixture in a 2003 medium bent meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl. I've just enough left for one small bowl. Ice tea with floaty li'l icebergs to help insure proper temperature is my drink.

6. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

[​IMG]
    Had my first bowl of Germain's Plum Cake in a Mario Grandi. Not a bad first bowl. A sweet grassy/spicey taste that is pretty pleasin'. The tin note is pretty awesome. Reminded me of Erinmore Flake and it does mildly translates into the taste. A little aging and I think this blend will really shine. Little moist out of the tin though it required little relights. Thought I'd try this along with some Elizabethan Mixture. Y'all have a fine fine evening!

7. JimInks

Love the Germain's Plum Cake. Would also love to see more pictures of that gorgeous pipe!

8. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

It's a true joy to hear Vin Scully call a ballgame.

9. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

10. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

C&D Bayou Moring in a Radice paneled billiard.

11. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Soooo tomorrow I have an appointment with a new doctor for my health insurance check up. I've been seeing the "old" doctor for two years. (Thurber and I both probably have older shoes than him, and I know I have older pipes :) ) . Every time he sees me, with file in hand he asks, like he's never seen me before, "Do you smoke?" Each time, I tell him I smoke a pipe, not cigarettes, and don't inhale. And each time he acts like I just gave a count on how many pedestrians I ran down on the sidewalk coming to the appointment. I finally got a little cranky about it. The "new" guy is about my age so here's hoping he is better.

Tonight it's Edgeworth Ready Rub Match in a Cellini Lumberman.

12. JimInks

Phillies just took a 1-0 lead over the Barves in the 3rd. I'm smoking St. James Flake in a 2002 smooth full bend egg shaped meer. Finished work early today, so I can relax with m'lady, Suzy and Molly, and smoke to my heart's content!

13. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Those uppity attitudes towards my smoking really irk me.

14. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

If there are no cigarettes involved I always tell them NO, they're doctors, let em figure it out:p:

15. JimInks

Then you might like this story about my late friend Joe Simon, who was the co-creator of Captain America, and started smoking cigars at age 18. When Joe was 78, he called me and said, "Jim, my doctor is trying to get me to quit smoking cigars. What do you think about it?" I said, "Joe, tell him to mind his own business." Joe said, "I will, but he's been annoying me about it for ten years now. He's 56 and think everybody should quite smoking and live forever." Joe always smoked two Churchills a day. Four years later, Joe calls me and said, "You remember that doctor who kept pestering me about quitting smoking? Well, he died today at age 60. Never smoked a day in his life. And I'm still here smoking."

When Joe was 90, he called to complain about the doctor he was seeing. "He says I'm going to die if I don't quit smoking. What do you think I should do?" "Joe, how old is this guy?" Joe said he was 52. "Joe, did you ever expect to live to be 90?" Joe said, "No." I said, "Okay. You've beaten the odds. At your age, you're entitled to do whatever you want that." "Well, what should I tell him, Jim?" "Remember what happened to your last doctor who nagged you about smoking? Tell him to go to *^%!, Joe." Apparently, Joe did tell him that. Right after Joe turned 94, he called to say, "Jim, that doctor finally took your advice. He died. Dunno where he's going, but if they smoke there, it's your fault!" Joe smoked two Churchills a day until the day before he passed away at age 98.

MDaws79, Morse, surlysoul and 23 others like this.
  16. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Just came back from trying out some 300 and Perfection plug burley from Uhles tobacco shop. Highlight of the night was trying out a new form of cut. These mini squares make me think of a pellet stove. I started out with the 300 in my straight diplomat. Uhles considers this a aromatic and I was disappointed that I didn't taste more honey a la Mac Baren. I had a hard time to light and keep it lit.

Perfection Plug was different, I had no problems at all lighting and keeping it lit. I would put this right up with Carter hall and Golden extra from MB. I got a bit of a sweet taste on my tongue when puffing and I could taste a bit of chocolate but not much. This would be a great all day smoke just like CH and GE.
    [​IMG]

17. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Well, after a dinner of chicken sandwiches and potato salad, I lit up another bowl of CH. I decided to shift gears and now I'm smoking Captain Black and enjoying a Fat Tire Amber Ale. Something about today just made me want a cold beer. I'm looking forward to payday on Friday so I can diversify my tobacco collection. I'm also thinking of investing in a new briar.

18. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I'm about to head out for some McC 2010 for the maiden voyage in the Savinelli Spring 626. I'll probably start reading the latest RA Salvatore Drizzt novel - Charon's Claw.

[​IMG]

Gotta love that virgin bowl :D
    [​IMG]

19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Currently smoking August Blend in Rock Cob :hbang:
    while reminiscing with myself ~~1987 was good year from what i remember

20. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking Peretti Omega in the Kaywoodie PSF Pipe of the Year 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.