1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

Frog Morton on the Bayou in a Peterson Zulu

2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Think i'm going to have a bowl of Bayou Morning in the Rembrandt . This stuff is growing on me, and I like it. Pepsi Max is my drink of choice for a while longer.

3. User4408

User4408 Active Member

How do you prepare it, and what kind of difference does it make?

DGT Union Square in a straight MM Pride ...

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking MacBaren Plum Cake in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. I have enough fr maybe two more bowls, as I work my way down the open samples I have. Ice tea with well trained floaty li'l icebergs is my drink. I guess Stormy wants a drink, too, because he's outside throwing rain and wind all over the county!

Phillies are beating the Braves 4-0 in the 7th, and the Mets lead the Dodgers 2-0 in the 4th.

5. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Good evening. Commonwealth in a twin-bore Radice, kombucha on the side. Thunderstorm is rolling in, too.

Worked out for a long time today, and I feel fantastic. Nice to be back in that habit again. This two week lull in classes is very nice too, especially since I made Dean's List for the second semester in a row. So I'm going to enjoy my break. Might try to get up to north Alabama and do some mountain climbing/hiking later on in the week if I feel up to dealing with the heat.

6. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Escudo in a Bang 1/4 bent apple, with some Dickel 12 of course!

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Will miracles never cease? A Squatch estate volcano was listed on Smoking Pipes at a stupidly ridiculous low price and I now own three BSTs.

Smoking Frog Morton Cellar (thanks, YAPPG!) in the Squatch prince.

8. User4408

User4408 Active Member

My blood pressure is fine all year, until I visit the doctor. He's my age but realizes I can be a bit short tempered. So he sends his young flunky in to do the interrogation.

"Do you use tobacco?" he prods, like the Church Lady. Rather than answer, I fire back: "Do you distinguish between smoking cigarettes and smoking pipes?" "No" he says. So I gave him the lowdown on the 1964 Surgeon Generals Report ... "have you read that?" I ask. "No" he says. "Well, it pretty clearly demonstrates that pipe smokers have marginally better health indicators and longevity than non-smokers. What do you think of that? Or do you only pay attention to science when it agrees with your pre-conceived notions?"

My rant paid off. He promptly skipped the question and moved on.

Finishing up some Union Square in a Pride ...

9. JimInks

Phillies beat the Braves 5-1, and the Dodgers lead the Mets 3-2 in the 7th. I'm smoking Country Estate in a medium bend 2013 black Rekamepip Rock Cob poker. More ice tea, and some TV watching makes up this evening for me.

10. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Gotta love a Sav. That virgin finish is beautiful. The Spring 316 KS is high up on my PAD list.

The Union Square is still smoldering away in the Pride ...

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

My hat's off to you, MentorBV! :hbang:

surlysoul, Lithua pipe, YAPPG and 9 others like this.
  12. Jamison

Jamison Member

Smoking Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye flake in my Eric Nording straight freehand nosewarmer. I've been trying to get into VaPers and it's finally paying off, sure wish I could find some of this Escudo people keep talking about...

rondel65, surlysoul, YAPPG and 11 others like this.
  13. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Uhley's #303 (lat/burley) in a Ser Jacopo Lovat/Canadian.[​IMG]

14. dBear

dBear Active Member

Hey, Rockbass, I notice you've got the hang of posting pics now! It's great to see 'em! :thu:

BTW, great avatar!

surlysoul, YAPPG, Lithua pipe and 8 others like this.
  15. dBear

dBear Active Member

I'm about to smoke a bowl of Dockworker in the Tom Howard pot dog. Than it'll be a quick dinner and off to bed.

rondel65, surlysoul, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  16. JimInks

Smoking the last of this sample from Marker: Dunhill London Mixture in a 1990s smooth Peterson Captain Pete XL80 bulldog. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with my icebergs is my drink. Listening to the MLB talk on the XM.

17. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Troost Special in a large meer Billiard. Watching 'End of Watch' on DVD and sipping sun brew tea.

18. phatdaddynxn

phatdaddynxn Member

Quoting the '64 surgeon general report....http://consumer.healthday.com/encyclopedia/article.asp?AID=645343 we must except this fine hobby of ours is not safe or good for us. the action of smoking tobacco in any form will indeed harm you. That being said....gonna light up a cob full o baccy right now. Petersons 3Ps, mmmmm.

rondel65, surlysoul, YAPPG and 10 others like this.
  19. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Just started season 5 of Mad Men, after wading through the first 4, and I will be smoking some Crown Achievement 2002 (Thanks to FishnBanjo) with Petey Greene, and ice tea.

20. JimInks

Thanks to Fishnbanjo, I'm smoking Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49. I've enough left for three or four bowls as I smoke down the open stash of tobaccos.

dwpipes, rondel65, surlysoul and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.