What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

First time smoking Black Swan in a straight 1979 MM Legend. Black, black, black cavendish.

surlysoul, mojo66, Thuber88 and 14 others like this.
  2. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Morning tea (Kooh-I-Noor, as per usual) on the balcony. MacB Virginia No 1 in a straight Legend. Sunny day.

surlysoul, mojo66, Thuber88 and 12 others like this.
  3. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Thanks dBear. It only took me seven hours and a thousand questions in the "I'm too dumb to breath" section. My thanks go out to dwaugh for his help and patience. Turns out he lives about forty minutes from me.

surlysoul, mojo66, Thuber88 and 10 others like this.
  4. Deimitori

Deimitori Member

Good morning with a bowl of Sillem's: "Green".

surlysoul, mojo66, Thuber88 and 14 others like this.
  5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Halloooooooooooo. Was off the grid yesterday and had only a couple of pipes which I must acknowledge that Black Lung and Peretti 333 are mighty fine smoking tobacco's, thank you dbear. Had a bowl of Condor Long Cut in the MM Mizzou with Plum Forever Stem and slurping my way through PRM #2, strong and black, a second bowl and mucho more java lurks... Good morning PSFer's :bing:

6. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Good morning! Got black coffee going, and the POY full of The Mayor's Cumberland Sweetened Twist (not sure this was a good idea, first thing in the morning). Gonna be a long day assisting the Google trainers we've got coming in for staff development today (and tomorrow). At least we're using our air conditioned labs this time--last year we used a large confrenece room and it was just sweltering. Have a good day, all!

rondel65, surlysoul, mojo66 and 12 others like this.
  7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

condor ready rubbed in the viking :puffy:

rondel65, surlysoul, mojo66 and 12 others like this.
  8. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

The Mizzou is a fine little pipe and, I think, underrated. It´s the MM cob they sell here in Sweden if you ask for a corn cob pipe. It has a small bowl and fits nicely in a pocket. I also believe that it´s easier for MM to keep up the quality the smaller the cobs used are.

surlysoul, mojo66, Thuber88 and 11 others like this.
  9. muddler

muddler Active Member

A cool, sunny morning here. I'm smoking Dunhill Navy Rolls in a size 2 Dunnie Amber Root. This tobacco has a bit too much nic for me & the small bowl works just fine.

[​IMG]

10. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks. Having a late start today with some Dunhill Standard Mixture in the Pete Killarney.

surlysoul, mojo66, Thuber88 and 13 others like this.
  11. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone! I'm smoking PS LNF in my DGE Briar Nosewarmer. Black coffee to drink. Puff on PSFers!

12. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

The Smoker Woodsman, in a smooth, bent freehand.​

13. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

I am watching: The Hunt for jack the Ripper

As you can see from a photo of the Police Department of that era some Police Officers were pipe smokers!

[​IMG]

In my pipe is: Captain Black Gold.

14. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Revisited Dunhill's reintroduced Elizabethan Mixture in the MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem, PRM #5 in accompaniment. I left the lid ajar allowing the top most tobacco to dry slightly and it smoked much more nicely then when freshly opened, I also have a tin from the 80's coming and will photograph what that tobacco and the current tobacco look like compared to one another side by side. Once I have the opportunity to sample the vintage tin I will then experiment with an unopened tin of the reintroduced tobacco by adding .01 ozs of St. James Parrish original Perique and reblend it and allow it to sit for 1 week to see if I can obtain a pure match since owning an electronic scale for my espresso bean grind management this will allow precise management of the amount of Perique required to clone the new to the old. I may never truly duplicate the blend but I'll have fun in any event. :cool:

15. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Good morning PSF. Raining hard here in SE PA today. Tinderbox's 'Rum Runner' in the Invicta Rusticated Rhodesian.

16. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Hmm ... I see no quotes from the 1964 SGR either in your post or in the referenced chatty anecdotal article.

Many people would be sympathetic to the notion that pipe smoking should be excepted from the list of harmful activities, but perhaps that's not what you meant to say.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics gives us the right to say that any activity over time increases entropy (disorder) and wear and tear, and therefore does harm. If we choose to pick on the act of eating ham sandwiches, I'm sure the AMA can build a case. The mere act of living is harmful in that it brings us ever closer to death.

Various temperance and purity leagues have been waging a bitter 400-year war to ban smoking, alcohol consumption, and other activities they don't approve of. It's a marvelous triumph for the individual that each onslaught has been resisted and defeated. How tiresome that this battle keeps going on an on, no matter how many defeats the prohibitionists suffer. But that's life. The Church Lady shall always be with us, and she's full of p*ss and vinegar, er, I mean, pep and vigour.

Whereas my bent MM Legend is full of Davidoff Danish ...

17. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

I find it strange that my dad berates me for smoking while not batting an eyelid at my working with an aggressive schizophrenic who lives on a crime ridden sink estate. Risk is inherent to life, mitigate it without impinging on your enjoyment of it, no point living otherwise.

More Standard Mixture in the Killarney - risk at it's best.

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

sugar barrel in Dr G Omega
    folgers in clay beer stein

19. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Good morning all. BC Semois, Egg, black and hot.

20. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Still enjoying this PS LNF in the DGE Briar Nosewarmer. This pipe is the biggest bowl that I own, and so easily fits two flakes folded and stuffed side by side. This smoke has now been going for two and a half hours. I've reached the bottom third now. Complimentary coffee, because the Produce Row walkabout is under way. Have great day everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.