What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Thanks again for
    The well wishes, gents!

Which album, Eric?
    I'm partial to Equinoxe

2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Stormy must be a stern parent because he kicked his very own Sun out of the sky, and started blowing wind and rain in his place! Well I managed to get everything in just as that happened. I decided to smoke Field Master in a 1975 three quarter bend black Dunhill Shell to get some latakia and burley in my system. A bottle of Bubble Up soda is my drink.

Just heard the Texas Rangers released twice convicted steroid cheat Manny Ramirez from their minor league team. Hope that's the last we hear of him.

3. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

You're welcome.

Aero followed by Chronologie, shows how well I packed my pipe. Equinoxe is good too, it's amongst his early stuff which tends to be better. Seeing him live is still a big empty tick box at the mo.

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Chronologie was really good too.
    Les Chants Magnetique is
    just behind those two.
    Would have loved to see
    him do the Hong Kong show!

Back ot: Cardiff in a Bantam
    with rustic pot. Old Falcons
    are the best!

5. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

His Houston one was the one I always wanted to see, I guess if you go to any one it'll be amazing.
    I find it funny that the English translation on my CD for Les Chants Magnetique is Magnetic Fields when in fact the proper translation is Magnetic Songs.

6. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

While i was smoking this at lunch time i kept thinking of lane 1Q. I may call them up and ask if black stoker is indeed 1Q.

7. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Velvet in a Kaywoodie Red Root Billiard...

8. andysc83

andysc83 Member

Dunhill Flake in the cob with a Founder's Double Trouble after a long day of banging out code.

Lucky Duck, nicktrap, Hofnar and 12 others like this.
  9. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Skandinavik in maplewood pipe
    coffee on the side

10. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

August blend in my Rekamecob. ( Thanks :thu: )

11. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Home for the day, having some of The Mayor's 1971 Velvet in the Ropp (hard to believe I was 8 y/o when this was made!). Had an awesome bowl of CH in the Patriot w/Forever stem while driving--why is it that some smokes are WAY better than others--same blend and same pipe?).

12. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I'm on it for you :th1:I'll pick some up tomorrow .. King B is another one that is damn good and maybe a bit stronger . They all are labeled chewing but that is more modern in thought . Back in the day , they smoked and chewed the twists . Theres quite a few twists around here . I can get King B at the Gas station 1.5 miles from my house along with Bruton and Dental snuffs . Life is good here but we only have some of the OTC available here .... but no Pipe and Cigar type B&M :(

13. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Erinmore Flake in the PSF POY

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking some McC Yanidge Highlander off and on all afternoon. While it is nice, the flavors are just too dang mild. McConnell's was a lot fuller in taste. They put both cyprian and syrian lat in this blend and I think i'm going to add lots more cyprian to it. The syrian in Three Oaks Syrian add more to that blend than this does to Highlander. Fresh mug of Tetley tea to sip.

15. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Rockin' the black cob!!! :hbang: - thanks to the Godfather of stone pipes rekamepip! :toast: -
    with the very last of my first tin of Laurel Heights by Greg Pease.

16. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

I wish they sold that up heah! Good stuff. I will snuff the Dental Scotch a bit more carefully next time, though. :p:

Thuber88, surlysoul, JimInks and 4 others like this.
  17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

I've been to every gas station and cigarette store for miles - i guess central missouri gave up on anything but swra and that stuff everyone says not to try...... you ask for pipe tobacco and they point you to the rack with packaged tobacco and rolling papers that is now called pipe tobacco

I got one more old time general store to check out - it is out of the way but
    they still sell case knives, carhartt overalls and blackstrap molasses
    so heck they might even have a vintage display with some old kaywoodies and old tins of prince albert

not to mention the killer arrowhead display - that takes a good hour to gander at while sipping on a bottle of real soda

:thu:

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

How did you like the Laurel Heights

I've had that along with a couple other of Mr Pease's tobacco in my online shopping cart for long time
    but for some reason never make it to the check out line.......

Oh did I mention that Greg is one heck of a Good Guy !
    met him at the Kansas City pipe show.... didn't get to talk with him much but did get a chance to give him a rock cob :ngty:

19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Watching some Whoop-ass with my own mix Tamed Whoop-ass in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem, diet Ginger ale at room temp

[​IMG]

20. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Peterson Summertime 2013 in a Peterson Canadian. The smaller bowl works better with this tobacco, and after a few smokes of it, I'm starting to enjoy it. ThunderSTORMY this afternoon, with a nice little break for a double rainbow. 19C(66F)H85%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.