What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Just finished watering the recently installed landscaping along the street. Wish some of that rain I keep hearing about would come this way.

Now for some Virginia Flake in a Nording.

2. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Just finished half a bowl of DFS in the Oscar Dry Dublin.

Soon to bed.

3. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

I've been enjoying my pipe a bit infrequently of late and haven't much bothered to share... but today is a good day for the pipe! I started with some 6 o'clock news from The Golden Leaf in my Dunhill 4102 (my first, bought new at The Golden Leaf just over a year ago!) and followed that up with some Nutty Cut in my SH Hopkins.

4. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Thanks to the generosity of 430pat, I am trying JKP ready rubbed for the first time. Its a brisk night in SE Michigan, and this compliments quite well. I think I found another "fall" smoke.

5. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

There's a coffee that would make a perfect match for that:) kewpi lewac?? Or some such. Hopefully not knowing how to spell it reassures everyone that I have NOT tried it.

There's some rain building off to the NW but I don't think it will make it here. It's kinda falling apart.
    Smoking liberty in a big ol cob with after dinner coffee.

6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Telegraph Hill in two different cobs back to back. Not bad, the perique adds spice but dosent over do it for me. The va's are nice. So far, I'm still thinking I like Park Square better. Need to reorder that to smoke side by side to compare. Big mug of Pepsi Max to sip while I'm thinking about this baccy.

7. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

St. Bruno in a Falcon I just got in a trade with Monkey

Lucky Duck, PipeSimmo, Snake and 11 others like this.
  8. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Loading up an after dinner bowl of walnut

:)

9. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Long day, but it was productive and now I am smoking Penzance in a Rock Cob while waiting for dinner and pipe shopping.

10. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Ennerdale Flake in a really broken in and cracked MM Legend. I'm going to be sad whenever this pipe finally goes. It's traveled around the country with me a few times as well.

11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

We had unexpected company and went out to eat. A great time was had by all. Home now and thanks to PipeSimmo, I'm smoking HU Oriental Sunrise in a 1982 smooth medium bend straight grain Ben Wade Martinique freehand sitter with a wide top. Ice tea chilled to the proper temperature with water skiing li'l icebergs is my drink.

I know I post a lot of stories about Suzy and Molly, but there's nothing like a good pet. I came home and as soon as I walked into the door, Suzy ran up to me, jumped as high as she could to hug me. Suzy always greets me when I return from being away, but this was the first time she did this particular trick. She likes to be held. Molly, on the other hand, will sit and stare at me as if to say, "And who gave you permission to leave??? But she gets over it pretty quickly.

12. Capt

Capt Active Member

I had to call off of work today, I have had some "stomach issues", but I do not need to go into detail. :haha:

Smoked quite a bit of Elizabethan Mixture out of my 2012 Andrew Staples Shaved Tomato. As BigJ stated, we have a cool brisk evening here in SE Michigan, reminds me of early October. Looks like it may be a bowl of pirate Kake or 10 Russians. Gotta get my Lat fix before it warms up again!

13. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Had a bowl of FMC in the Leonard billiard. I'm up in the air on this now, kind of sweet. Damn you Berg.

14. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Good Luck Snake!

PipeSimmo, Snake, fishnbanjo and 5 others like this.
  15. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

just came back from smoking a bowl of Uhle's Hunt Club in my Brigham Director.
    [​IMG]

16. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

And just this once we'll let it slide, if you say it happened? That's good enough for me...no pics necessary. :)

On to last pipe for today, Midnight ride in another cob and the last little bit of the coffee. Netflix and my pillow are calling.

17. Mr Blandings

Mr Blandings If you ain't eatin' Wham, you ain't eatin' ham!

Took a stroll around the airport to watch the planes against the beautiful sunset. Took my JT Cooke billiard with mellow Virginia with me, nice night.

18. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

For Meers Only Reserve in the SMS lattice billiard Meer. Front porch with sweet tea in hand. Supposed to be 49 degrees tonight. I guess summer is starting to bow out. We got 4 more inches of rain in the last three days.

19. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Could you wrap a wire around the bowl, assuming its the bowl that has the crack, and tighten it to keep it together?

20. Tony Bybee

Tony Bybee Member

mark twain in a mm legend. while my mother watche
    and told me what a bad habit it was. best smoke all year:p: i may be forty but im still old enough to enjoy annoying my parents

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.