What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Penzance in a Castello Sea Rock Bulldog while enjoying a nice cool night and a bonfire.

2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

My Sisters Cat used to do that....
    and i found out when i went over to her house to feed the cat when she was gone for a few days
    little did i know that this cat had a habit of jumping on her shoulder when she opens up the canned food

and ......

needless to say she did not warn me of such and in the moment that freaked me out :beyes:
    --- quick response the cat took flight across the room ---

but landed on its feet :msty:

still smoking walnut - but in maple wood pipe

3. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Hard to tell, its over at FishnBanjo's visiting with Mary Tyler Morta:rolleyes:

4. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

It might last for a really long time yet. It's just gotten to the point that it's got one crack down the left side about 3/4 down it, and the individual segments/rectangles that are the "kernels" all are gradually spacing apart around the middle of the entire bowl. I'd have to take a picture. I'm sure many of you know just what I'm talking about.

5. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Having a 2nd bowl that one was so good.

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Pirates lead the Cards 3-2 going to the 9th. I'm smoking Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog. Switching drinks to ice water with the floaty li'l icebergs.

7. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Well gents, on my way to work I stopped by the B&M by my apartment. I couldn't resist the urge to buy a MM Diplomat and a pouch of SWR regular. During my lunch break I loaded up a small bowl. While the tobacco is pretty dry, it smoked well. The pipe is fantastic. I puffed away while watching some crows and looking them up on my Audobon field guide app; I'm a very novice birder. I'm about to catch up on some missed T.V. shows and smoke another bowl and enjoy some ice cold sweet tea.

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

This gets the Connoisseur Of Quip award. :appl:

9. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Smoking a big bowl of OJK in the Medico Apple. What could be better, a good aroma, an earthy-tangy good taste and a good deal of nic! Finishing off some Pepsi Max with ex-floating melted icebergs.

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

While doing some thankfully not annoying computer work I had a bowl out of the remnants pouch in the Tuesday black rock cob. Then a nice sweet bowl of Frog Morton Cellar (thanks, YAPPG!) in the Tom Howard pot dog. Confirmed the good news that my old computer died because of the power supply and not because of a crashed hard disk, so I can probably fix that up easily and put it back in use as a backup computer. Now that I'm up and running again, I believe I'll put some Strang in the big Sav 315EX and just enjoy smoking for a little while.

11. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

C&D Comfort in a Former silver spigot bent billiard, sippin' on a wee bit of Bushmills!

12. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Having a gigantic bowl of Exotique in a twin-bore Radice. This pipe has a huge bowl, and I like it. Sometimes large pipes suck because they are off balance and feel too heavy and all that noise, well this one is not one of those pipes. Nicely balanced and smokes cleanly all the way to the bottom.

So you people are getting Fall-like weather? Man, I'm jealous. Low of 72˚F here, and most definitely still summer time.

p120d16y, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 14 others like this.
  13. dBear

dBear Active Member

The nice thing about smoking Strang infrequently is that you kind of forget how good it is. I'm really enjoying this bowl. Strang rules! :hbang:

Lucky Duck, YAPPG, surlysoul and 12 others like this.
  14. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

If it's not pushing 100°F with 80% humidity, then you're not allowed to complain about the weather. :)

Actually we'll see temps in the 90's the next few days because of our 'cold front'. Gotta love Texas!

p120d16y, YAPPG, surlysoul and 10 others like this.
  15. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I started the day with maltese Falcon left in the pipe from the night before. Even better than when I first lit it last night. Then it was JKP in cobs all day, about to open a new tin of 10 Russians which will probably end the day after a couple of bowls. Quite warm in my office so icy Coke is required.

p120d16y, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 14 others like this.
  16. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

The Pirates blew a lead in the 9th and are now in the 13th inning - where they just blew a chance to score - so they are tied 3-3 with the Cards. Thanks to Fishnbanjo, I'm smoking G&H Scotch Flake in a 2013 bent MM Missouri Pride Legend. More ice water to drink.

Lucky Duck, YAPPG, surlysoul and 14 others like this.
  17. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Your avatar, is it a puff adder?

18. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Just finished off the SWR. I'm switching over to some CH in the Diplomat to wind down the night on.

Lucky Duck, YAPPG, surlysoul and 14 others like this.
  19. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Lost track of all my smoking during the day(appx 5 bowls and pipes), just finished a bowl of McB Navy Flake in the La Reserva 272 USR bent pot, and ice tea.

Lucky Duck, YAPPG, surlysoul and 12 others like this.
  20. irish2fish

irish2fish Active Member

Peterson's Irish Whiskey in a MM Diplomat.

Thuber88, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.