What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

My last smoke before sleep is Metropolitain in a 1981 smooth full bend Mauro Series Two 315 p-lip that copies the Peterson system. Going to read a little, too.

Thuber88, Lucky Duck, YAPPG and 14 others like this.
  2. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

And a couple more bowls before bed -- Dunhill Flake in my Dunhill Root Briar PO and then a bit of 1-Q in my Caminetto bulldog.

3. scopawl

scopawl Member

I had a few bowls of OGS at the pub last night- nothing this morning yet though, too much work to do! :mad:

4. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks and, Jebus, you've all smoked a lot over night, sure you don't all need permission for that?

Dined on a hearty breakfast of egg bread and now washing it all down with the usual Dunhill Standard Mixture in the Killarney with some ground coffee.

5. User4408

User4408 Active Member

No reason to ever be sad if you make it your mission to keep that pipe around as long as you are :D

The Corncob Primer implies that cracking isn't too big of a deal. Those cracks can give them real character, especially when they develop into full-blown splits that are sealed up with cake.

Villiger Late Night in a straight MM Pride ...

6. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

[​IMG]

Petersen & Sorensen Banker's tobacco.

7. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Good morning. Having some Golden Extra in the Pete 305 this morning, with the black coffee. More work on the van project this afternoon after work, this time a master cylinder. Have a great day!

8. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Finally cracked and opened up that tin of Sextant for the first time and whacked some on my straight Falcon, see what gives.

9. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Well underway smoking some Villiger Late Night in a straight MM Pride ...

[​IMG]

This tobacco is an odd bird but it's damned good. A lot like MB Va. No. 1 only darker, stronger, more nicotine, and a scent that reminds me of Lakeland but super clean and lightly applied.

The first few bowls were so-so, but that's because it was too moist. This time I lamp-dried the tobacco for several minutes, which made all the difference. It now burns beautifully. The snork rates 9 out of 10: rich, smooth, creamy, with no trace of harshness. The after-aroma is one of the finest I've had in a while.

10. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I hope all goes well for snake in his interview today. Good morning everyone! I'm smoking Three Part Harmony in the coveted by MDaws79 silver banded straight pot briar Suffolk. Drinking black coffee. Thank God it's Wednesday. Puff on PSFers!

11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Had a bowl of Tamed Whoop-ass in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem, fed the lump and Levi had his ablutions, am into PRM#2 and #3 is not far behind. Good morning PSFer's :ccup:

12. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

John Cotton Special in a blasted freehand.

13. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Waited all morning in hopes that my Forever stems would arrive, but in the end I caved in to the urge and now into a VA Flake in the Country Gent along with a black coffee with a shot of expresso.

14. muddler

muddler Active Member

Much warmer here today. Really pleasant in fact. I often go trout fishing on a Wed but the road to the ponds has deteriorated badly. Had a tire blow out a while back. Thinking of trading my VW compact for an SUV. Bad roads seem to be more & more of an issue in SA in recent years. FVF in a Pietenpauw Rhodesian.

[​IMG]

15. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

H&H Acadian Perique in the MM Legend bent Cob .

16. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Thanks Stormy!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Started this morning off with Royal Yacht from Snake, in a Dr. G Westbrook and coffee on the side.

17. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

Kickin Chicken in a Pete system 306

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

the night shift must have been playing hooky or something - bunch of slackers !

Morning Coffee and a bowl of sugar barrel in the sbp

19. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

"PUFF adder" :laff:
    Actually a western diamondback

Golden Extra in a
    rustic pot. Gonna
    be a good day!

20. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

1/2 bowl fresh picked blueberries topped with Greek Yogurt with a banana on the side then a bowl of MC 2000 in the original MM Diplomat with Wellington Forever Stem and PRM #7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.