What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

That's heavy, you'll need a royal yacht by the time that little lot's finished.

Second bowl of Sextant in the straight Falcon of the day.

2. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I'm smoking PS LTF in the MM CG w/Forever Stem. The produce Row walkabout has commenced, so complimentary coffee to drink. Puff on PSFers!

3. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Happy hump day boys...Butz Choquin Broad Cut Semois in the Egg. Black coffee and a little brisk for August, 54F clouds and wind.

4. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

SWR is often dry at B & M's. Its been sitting there awhile and those pouches are not lined all that well. I've had better luck ordering SWR and SWRA on-line.

5. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

After severe flooding early yesterday, the area mostly dried up during the day. At least the trains were running normally. Got home to find a care package from Morse. Thanks to him, I enjoyed 2 pipes of Boswell's Raspberry Cream. Tried it in a newly cleaned mm cob. It smoked well. Then tried it in the small Peterson system I usually reserve for Peterson's Con. Choice. It tasted very good. I'm not sure yet on how to properly pack it, I think it did it too firmly, will give it a loser packing tonight.

Much cooler this morning, I think the temperature is about 15 degrees cooler than it was yesterday morning during the storm. Started my morning with EMP, of course, and Russian tea.

Thuber88, Morse, Lucky Duck and 13 others like this.
  6. Waino

Waino Active Member

Mac Baren Vanilla Cream in a Venini. Once in a week good aro.

Thuber88, Morse, Lucky Duck and 14 others like this.
  7. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

It's been a while since I had it in my pipe, thanks for reminding - good morning all! Strang and Coffee it is. :hbang:
    Thanks to psquared, who provided me with this awesome blend. :toast:
    [​IMG]

8. scopawl

scopawl Member

I've just received a little present through the post from my mother in law- four pouches of tobacco! :)
    Captain Black Royal
    Mac Baren Golden Extra
    Mac Baren Cherry Choice
    Golden Blend Amaretto.

Thumbs up for the CB Royal- I don't care what anyone says, I like this stuff!
    Fingers crossed for the Amaretto aromatic, I quite enjoy amaretto, so hopefully this will translate into a decent wee smoke too!

Anyone have an idea if the Mac Barens are any good?

9. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Golden Extra is very good imho. Haven't tried the Cherry.

10. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Having an afternoon snifter of some MB 7 Seas Cherry Blend in the Parker Jockey Club.

11. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Mixed up my SWR and PA in a 1:1 ratio. Smoked it up in a cob. I now these blends have fans out there but they really aren't for me. Once this concoction is gone it's gone.

12. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Well last evening I finished out the day with some Dunbar in a BST. Late in the evening I fired up my Basil Meadows-"Saucey" red poker with some very well rubbed and dried Stonehaven.

13. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Heading off to post office with my corn cob pipe filled with morning goodness

14. surlysoul

surlysoul Active Member

Today the answer is "hardly working". Slept late and now I am going to take my time with some Sugar Barrel in a big Pete. photo(2).JPG

15. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

One of my Legends is developing a crack. It's a really sweet smoker.

16. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

I packed a bowl of Captain Black in the Diplomat this morning, and then sat clenching the unlit pipe for a good half hour while I browsed the forums and other sites. After lighting up, I realized I was hungry. So, I puffed on it while I drove to a local donut shop for some kolaches. I'm back in the mancave with a full belly and a full mug of black coffee, enjoying this beautiful day off of work with my pipes.

17. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Get a small can of real wood putty not made with synthetics etc. fill the cracks and then lightly touch them up with a file and rub them down with some tobacco, in about 6 smokes you'll never know it had been done, kept one cob going over 13 years until I dropped it and a car ran over it! :oops:

18. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Walkabout was grand Levi dropped and rolled so many times I lost count. Tsuge Tankard was filled with Dunhill's Elizabethan Mixture and it was a nice smoke but a mere shadow of what I experienced in the Morta which kind of what I was expecting with a pipe that has had over 300 smokes with many kinds of tobacco so my advice is to smoke it in pipes that have been set aside for VA's or new pipes. Having PRM #8 I believe it is and just ground a new batch of Cuban beans for espresso and will give that a try later.

19. user3221

user3221 Active Member

20. User3940

User3940 Active Member

I really really need to try Sugar Barrel. Anyone feeling like they need to send a sample? Hmmmmmmmmmm?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.