What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

4noggins Down by the River in the Savinelli Spring 626. The filter is still in for the next few smokes while I test it and break it in. After that, I'm going to try it with the adapter, then with nothing. Then I'll decide which way I like best :D

[​IMG]

Morse, Thuber88, Lithua pipe and 16 others like this.
  2. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Good evening, everyone. I just got in from work. Although I gave up my day off, it wasn't an incredibly hard few hours and one of our customers brought several pounds of BBQ, potato salad, beans, and sweet tea to us. I think I ate my own weight in brisket! I've caught up on the thread while puffing on some SWR in the MM Diplomat cob. I'll probably be hitting the proverbial hay soon, as I have to be back at 6am. It's going to be a long day tomorrow. We have a few VP's making a visit on Friday, so we're working on getting everything ready.

Also, congratulations Snake!!!!!!!

3. dBear

dBear Active Member

Okay, this one's over my head (or before my time, Geezers!) Could someone explain this to me? [​IMG]

4. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

It's a mystery...

5. dBear

dBear Active Member

6. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Enjoyed a nice slow bowl of Molto Dolce in a Savinelli 2320 on this rain cooled Texas evening. My wife walked in and told me I need to smoke more stuff like this. Nice relaxing smoke after a long day of work. Y'all have a fine fine evening!

7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Photoshop ping photos

Tinkering with pictures

while

smoking black ambrosia in black walnut tree bark volcano-ish pipe thingamajiggy

walnutp.JPG

8. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Not me, I have no idea whats going on:rolleyes::rolleyes: . Prolly best left alone. Hey, you ever sniff snuff? Oh, btw, I stole your cow. :xd::poke:

9. user3221

user3221 Active Member

10. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Found her. She was busy making friends.:)

Thuber88, Rockbass, PipeSimmo and 7 others like this.
  11. dBear

dBear Active Member

:laff::xd:

Sometimes I think I may be too simple minded.

12. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Well, the SWR burned up pretty quickly. It's just so dry, and it gets too hot. I like the taste, but it's overall it's not very enjoyable. I switched gears and packed some CH. I've gone through this bowl pretty fast, which is easy to do since it burns so cool and smooth. I really love this stuff. I've been doing some pipe shopping online. I'm planning on making a purchase Friday. Sipping on ice cold sweet tea and starting to get sleepy. I think it's about time to crawl into bed. I'll chat with you all tomorrow afternoon. G'night for now.

13. dBear

dBear Active Member

Yeah, there's the rustication! Only on mine the striations are all more vertical. Neat looking and feels good on the hand.

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Charing Cross in the Stanwell Freehand. I don't know whats going on, this is not the same cut it had last winter when I smoked a few tins of it. Coke in my mug, still.

15. Jamison

Jamison Member

That Pipe is incredible. Where did you get it?

16. Jamison

Jamison Member

MacB Old Dark Fired in the Nording I've smoked every night this week. I really need to give this poor fellow a respit.

17. dBear

dBear Active Member

Rekamepip makes those!

18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to FishnBanjo, I'm smoking Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1981 Century full bend natural egg. I've enough for a couple more bowls as I work down my open stash of tobacco blends. Vin and the Dodgers are losing 4-0 to the Mets in the 3rd. Braves lead the Phillies 5-2 in the 6th, and the Pirates made up for giving last night's game away to the Cardinals by beating them 5-1.

19. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

He makes those pipes. Follow that link under his pipes. They are very good pipes, too.

20. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

A lot of those otc blends like ch, swr, pa all tend to be real dry. Try a tighter or looser pack and sip slowly, very slowly. Like a tiny breath. Practice that and it will become natural and you will enjoy those blends more when you find them dry. They do smoke fast as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.