What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Well my 1st go round with the MB Black Ambrosia

next time need to let it air out before packing a bowl full
    almost had to dig it out and repack it

might wait til tomorrow to finish this one

but tasty goodness for sure !

2. dBear

dBear Active Member

All righty then! Dinner's over and it's time to feed my Rekamepip black walnut thingamajiggy its second bowl. This time it's going to be Peretti Midnight (thanks, YAPPG!)

3. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Red Carpet in an Age Boglund bent bamboo shank egg, along with some Dickel 12.

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to Yappg, I'm smoking Dunhill Elizabethan in a 2003 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville. Not often do I smoke the a tobacco blend twice in the same day, but I want to determine how I feel about this blend. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with the floaty li'l icebergs is my drink.

5. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

R
    Really appreciate the link to that cob primer. I'd never read it before. Very interesting. I've only got about 4 cobs, but now I'm wanting a few new Legends....love my Legend. Only been smoking this one for a year.

6. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Got my tobacco shipment, but Anniversary Kake is on back order. :( Luckily they had tins of McClelland's Blue Mountain, which I am smoking in a GBD Autum Gold 1439 Calabash. :bing:

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

So the little walnut puppy lapped up its second bowl even more happily than the first and now I'm moving on to London Flake in the Kaywoodie PSF POY 2013

8. JimInks

Thanks to Fishnbanjo, I'm smoking MacBaren Plum Cake in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. Have just enough for about a bowl and half. More ice water to drink and listening to the MLB talk on the XM.

9. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

I'm sure that there have been other times that sitting back with a good pipe, in this case a BST Compact Little Brute, has put more of a positive outlook on one's situation. But right now, I'm very much enjoying Davidoff Flake Medallions after a four hour flight during which five completely unchoreographed, tone deaf babies randomly sang their lungs out. Do I feel a little smug because I remembered to put a fresh battery in the noise cancelling headphones before the flight? Yes. 19C(66F)H61%

10. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

(same post posted more than once, moderators~ feel free to delete or remove)

11. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Not been logging smokes, been jet-lagged~

2 nights ago was a Camacho cigar & some IPA I brewed myself~

Last night was PS luxury Bullseye Flake in my Parker Bark & More IPA I brewed

Tonight is G.L. Pease Key Largo in my Comoy straight pot & white russians~

Will be smoking Boston 1776 in my GBD bent Rhodesian with a coke at the B&M while I shop for a new pipe while the lady picks out her churchwarden~!!! (and something cherry flavored)

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

:th1:

13. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

A gray day here in The Hague so sat out in the garden an smoked the Diplomat with a nice Erinmore Flake along with strong black coffee. I think I am developing a strong leaning toward VA flakes.

p120d16y, Thuber88, dBear and 13 others like this.
  14. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

The Hague, huh? That's really neat. I'd like to go there sometime.

Smoking some Hal O' The Wynd in a Northern Briars billiard.

It's a nice, relatively cool evening here. Supposed to go down to 60˚F tomorrow night. Should be nice to get a little preview of Fall.

p120d16y, Thuber88, dBear and 13 others like this.
  15. JimInks

Almost caught upon some of my reading as I smoke Metropolitain in a 1981 smooth full bend Mauro Series Two 315 p-lip that copies the Peterson system.

Thuber88, dBear, Lithua pipe and 12 others like this.
  16. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Long night at work and getting ready for the drive home. Loading the Rusty Rhodes with SP Whiskey Blend and about 15 minutes will be heading to the time clock. Shame I wasn't born wealthy instead of good looking! Good thing I'm modest!

Thuber88, dBear, Lithua pipe and 14 others like this.
  17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

just came in from a bowl of kickin' chicken in the savinelli prince. soon to be on a train headed for newcastle, last night here in the uk. its been a great trip but i'm ready to go home now :)

18. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Good morning folks. Kicking off with the usual Dunhill Standard Mixture while downing bucketfuls of ground coffee.

19. BernardLerring

Get them a job in a call centre, that'll soon teach them.

Thuber88, dBear, Lithua pipe and 6 others like this.
  20. BernardLerring

Having a refill of Standard Mixture and coffee. Am I the only person in the whole wide world smoking a pipe at the moment? After all, if it's not on here, it's not happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.