1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

LEO in a Peterson Dracula 69. Lime ghosts of Peterson Summertime 2012 coming through as a pleasant little attention getter. Crushed ice over a green tea bag. 29C(84F)H33%

2. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Just came back in from a big bowl of Uhles 300 in my Altinok Spigot Meer. Now I have to finish burning onto dvds the American horror story season 2 for a co worker arrgg.
    [​IMG]

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I haven't been hot all Summer till I went up to Pitts , Pa . Georgia mountains have been super pleasant this Summer and it's been the most comfortable one in my 12 years here . Currently it is 68 degrees with a slight breeze . The crickets aren't crazy loud but they're pretty happy . Personally , I'd like them to have their last day on a hook catching a fish ... they make noise and I cant hear in the woods as well with them doing their thing . Anyway , being it's about as perfect as it can get outside ....... I'm smoking this combo

[​IMG]

This will be my Last Bowl of Royal Jersey Perique until the Chattanooga pipe show ... I want to have enough to turn any PSFers there on to it if they haven't already tried it . I think I can make it being I have other stuff to smoke ;)

4. user3221

user3221 Active Member

There is still hope that i get to go too !
    ( but have not mentioned it to mrs yet as i am still waiting for ship to come in )

5. Capt

Capt Active Member

Worked a few dogs this evening, got home made dinner, so sitting in the cave with a bowl of LTF in a Charatan 420x, and a glass of GM. Ready to hit the sack. Dogs are tired and so am I!

6. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Been stuck on swr and Wessex Burley broadcut lately...

7. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Thanks to PipeSimmo, I'm smoking Motzek Strang in a 1999 medium bend black sandblast Savinelli Tris 677KS apple with a cumberland stem. I've enough for maybe two more bowls as I pare down my open stash of tobaccos. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with well trained li'l icebergs is my drink.

8. Mr Blandings

Mr Blandings If you ain't eatin' Wham, you ain't eatin' ham!

Just finished a bowl of 35 year old mellow virginia in one of my favorite Julius Vesz raindrops. That stuff ages very well, great flavor.

9. Hugepom

Hugepom Member

Lakefront cabin in the Poconos on my weeks vacation. Kids & wife asleep, sitting on the porch swing with my Svendborg bent dublin full of FVF.

Every once in a while, I'm reminded that life ain't so bad...

10. JimInks

I'm lucky. Ever since I was 17, I've worked a job where I could smoke as much as I wanted (this was before the smoke Nazis came into being in full force). In my college days, I could smoke on campus, smoke in the classrooms and the library. And I did!

Only once did anybody ever complain during my college years. I was in the library doing research for my term paper, when this guy came up to me and asked if I'd mind putting out my pipe. I looked up and to my surprise, saw that he was smoking a cigarette. I kinda chuckled and said, "Tell you what. I'll put out my pipe if you put out that cigarette." He wasn't amused. He said, "I don't want to put out my cigarette." I said, "No deal then." He looked a little ticked off, but he turned around and walked away. I just sat there shaking my head about it, and went on with my reading.

11. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Hey everyone! It's my weekend! And, when I got home from work tonight rekamepip had hated my brother MDaws79 and myself....so hateful! I opened the box, which was obviously seething with hatred. this is what sprang forth.[​IMG]

That's right Some of the famous August blend, and a pipe for both of us. Because I had opened the hate mail, I let MDaws79 choose first. This is the one he chose.[​IMG]

That makes this one mine.[​IMG]

MDaws79 came over post haste for a trial smoke, even though he has to work tomorrow.:( We each loaded our respective bowls with the August blend. My pipe smoked like a champ! I'm finishing this bowl as I type. This is a smaller pipe. I love the way it feels in my hand. First class clencher too. Smokes cool. The draw is perfect. What else can I say? everyone should have one...or two. Anyway, this might be my last smoke of the night. We'll see. Puff on PSFers!

12. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I've decided to go ahead and have another smoke. I found the MM SS GD in my work bag with half a bowl of PS LTF still in it. So, I'm DGTing this now.

13. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Um.....what are you going to do with that SWRA....?

14. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Escudo in a Cooke bent egg, sippin' on Bulleit Rye

15. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

MacBaren Virginia No. 1 in an Olde England Bulldog...

16. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Bayou Morning in the big Medico Apple. Still drinking Pepsi Max ice cold out of the can!

17. JimInks

A few minutes away from smoking MacBaren Plum Cake (thanks FishnBanjo) in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. I've just enough left for about half a bowl. Going to watch The Lone Ranger with m'lady and kittens.

18. dBear

dBear Active Member

Work just wouldn't leave me alone today, but I finally got free of it. So now I'm smoking Peretti's Omega (thank you, YAPPG!) in the Squatch volcano.

Lucky & MDaws - great pipes! :thu2:

19. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Nightcap in the Oppenheimer Falcon.

20. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

What exactly is the "oppenheimer falcon"?...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.