What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwpipes

dwpipes Sales Account

Attended a local pipe and tobacco club meeting this evening. Talked pipes, tobacco and sampled other peoples tobacco. Had a good time!

2. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

I name all my pipes. The Oppenheimer Falcon was the pipe I was smoking when I announced my wife's pregnancy to PSF:

3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I thought it had something to do with J. Robert. I am currently reading a bio of the man...

4. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Rekamepip is one heck of a nice guy! Congrats to both of you for getting those " Testers"! I'm sure they smoke as great as all of his fine work:th1:

fishnbanjo, dBear, surlysoul and 6 others like this.
  5. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Some Coastie guy was very nice and sent me a GBD smooth Billiard he had restored from the land of lost pipes.
    Inside the box was something that he assured me was not the cat present that I suspected it to be.
    Casting my fear aside, I have sliced it up and dried it out a little.
    So regardless of the smirks my feline friends are casting my way(I know they are talking behind my back), I am sampling some Happy Brown Bogie in the GBD smooth Billiard(restored, very nicely by Mr. Coastie). and Ice tea in the BGM.
    I hope I don't smoke my way into some form of cat corn.....:eek:

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Half a bowl of MacBaren Plum Cake in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. That finishes this stash. Many thanks to FishnBanjo for the tobacco. More ice water to drink, and my work is done for the evening.

7. Deimitori

Deimitori Member

Good morning from beautiful Athens - Greece! A bowl of Amphora: "Full Aroma" in my Pipex "K21" pipe. Plus cold Frappe coffee, cold water and a Faturan amber komboloi (worry beads). A way of how Greek pipe smokers starting a summer day! Be well and happy everybody!

[​IMG]

8. JimInks

Two thirds a bowl of 2003 Dunbar with added Percy Martin Farms year 1991 perique in a 2002 smooth natural straight silver banded Ardor Venere Extra Fatta A Mano Maigret, signed by Dorelio Rovera. That finishes this stash.

9. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

not much for the smell of venison chili? Or as my family calls it "Bambi Chowder" ;) mmmmm.......venison......

10. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Packed for my trip this morning, rods are ready and flies all tied and ready to go. Just finished breakfast and now time for cup of black coffee with a shot of expresso along with a bowl of Erinmore in the MM Diplomat. Will spend the rest of the day watching my wife and daughter pack for this trip, should be good for a lot of laughs. Internet may be non existent where we are going so will have a lot of catching up when I return. Not sure the fishing is great, but am sure the wine, cheese and fresh bread will be outstanding.

11. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Yesterday I gave my cobs an airing. Today I´ll treat myself the same. No smoking. I´m going to Åland in the afternoon and plan to spend the journey sitting on the sun deck.

12. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

It ended up being a very aromatic day for me... in the pipe! Just in the pipe! The 1-Q was followed by some P&W 191 in my smooth Peterson Iceberg Port and a bit later some Villiger Mid-Day in my SH Hopkins

13. JimInks

Now smoking Barbados Plantation in a 1979 no name French briar smooth full bend egg. Probably my last smoke before bed.

Thuber88, fishnbanjo, dBear and 12 others like this.
  14. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Im going back to my continent today. This is stressful. I am about to go out for a bowl of Condor RR in the Pete system to calm my nerves...

15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

actually it ended up being a half bowl of kickin' chicken in the savinelli. i have a layover in amsterdam this afternoon, may save the bowl of condor for then

16. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Morning folks, got a bit of a late start here due to a sleep in. The usual Standard mixture in the Pete;.

I hope you've had a good stay Nesta and have a safe trip home.

17. muddler

muddler Active Member

Kicked off the morning with FVF in a little GBD. Another beautiful day - Spring seems to be easing in.

[​IMG]

18. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

i have - especially in newcastle and north tyneside. i enjoyed london alright, but the north was better in most respects! i also went to edinburgh, but the festival put a damper on my enjoyment of that otherwise awesome city. i want to visit scotland again someday, but other parts of it.

however, i could see myself living someplace like newcastle some day. as i do not, however, i'm ready to be back to what is currently home

19. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Wow, I actually got likes on this one. Remarkable! However, not smoking anything seems less and less lika a good idea. However I don´t have the time right now and on the boat it´s too windy. We´ll se come evening...

20. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Glad you liked the Toon, the place has real charm in my book :). The festival is a funny one, if you're going to Edinburgh specifically for it then you're likely to have a good time, if you're there for other reasons then it just gets in the way. Scotland is one those countries that, no matter what part you visit, you're likely to enjoy it.

It's funny, I'm happy living here and even if I won tens of millions on the lottery I woudn't leave the city, a holiday home on the Cote D'Azure, now that's another thing :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.