What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Now here's a thread, which is better, Coke Zero or Pepsi Max? I think we'd never settle that one.

Seriously though, good choice of drinks, whichever is your fave.

2. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Finally Friday! Had some H&H Stogie in the Falcon and some of The Mayor's 1971 Velvet in the Ropp. Plan to pack the Diplomat with OJK for the drive to work. Today's plan is to stuff RAM upgrades in 75 older towers--fun (not)! Have a great day, everyone!

3. BernardLerring

More coffee, more Standard Mixture, less tired.

4. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Smoking a bowl of ojk in a stanwell. Waiting for Advil to kick in. Not sure of it's a pinched nerve in my back, but it got me up after 3 hours of sleep. Boo. Liking the ojk though...

5. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Frog Morton, in a blasted and bent bulldog, for the TGIF smoke.

6. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

Blackwoods Flake in a Grabow Belvedere bent billiard

7. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Went to Moreleys Pipe Club in Philly last night and tried some excellent new (to me) blends. The stand out was G.L. Pease Westminster smoked in my Peterson. I will be getting some of that. On my way out now with some H&H Acadian Perique in the MM Legend bent.

8. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

I use Linotype from the printers which is 20% Tin so the Lead doesn't tarnish (nice and shiny)
    Well OK girls and knackered old codgers with Arthritis
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I've had the Milbro 50+ years but can't hold it, on it's own now, so use it held in a rubber handle bar grip with a 1/2 round wood spacer
    [​IMG]
    and for Rufinogold check the split collets, thread rubber through hold in vice stretch put collet round pull back into handle let tension off - expands and holds band
    [​IMG]

9. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Mac Baren 7 Seas Black in a bent MM Legend ...

The first bowl of this, months ago, was a disaster. Seeing some favorable reviews, I decided to give it another go.

Lamp drying this tobacco is essential IMHO. A scant 5 minutes is all it takes. Then it loads, lights, and burns very easily.

This tobacco is too mild to get really excited about. But it's actually a good smoke with a sublime snork.

10. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Velvet in a Grabow Westbrook/coffee.

11. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG]
    Good morning all. A very pleasant 54*F. on Ohio's North Coast, as I adjust my nicotine and caffeine levels. It's time to introduce Latakia again into the rotation, so have chosen H&H Big n' Burley in a Falcon International.

12. BernardLerring

Having a post lunch blend of my own

13. user3221

user3221 Active Member

14. nicktrap

nicktrap Active Member

Plum Cake in the Country Gent this afternoon. Pre holiday preparation seems to be stressful for everyone in the house, except for me. Of course I am the only one that smokes a pipe.

15. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Stormy paid another visit last night so I had a small bowl of Virginia Woods in a Dr.G Westy in the Florida Room to watch the Mother Nature Special - lightening show. Stormy moved on down to the Appalachee Bay overnight, but he is slowly moving back this way. We are expected to get 5+ inches of rain between now and tomorrow evening. It's clear and sunny now and I brought Prince Albert to work with me. He's been smouldering around in a MM cob this morning while I've been drinking coffee, hot and black.

16. DS86

DS86 Active Member

I'm up, so I figure I'll greet the sun with a bowl of Daybreak.

17. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone! I slept in today, because I can. I've got a lot to do though. What I'm doing right now is smoking Sutliffe Academy in the coveted by MDaws79 silver banded straight pot briar Suffolk. Black coffee, sipped from a large brown mug, is my drink. Puff on PSFers!

18. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

No Phillies game last night, but an early Nationals game. So I parked myself in front of the TV watching that after getting home from work. Started the night out with Old Dublin in a Peterson system. Followed that with Walnut in the mm Cherry Hardwood. After some mac and cheese, I had Boswell Raspberry and Cream, thanks to Morse, in the small Peterson I use for good flavored blends.

Morse, WalkinStick, Thuber88 and 14 others like this.
  19. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

The Milbro is a bit small IMO Danny, and I stopped using the 'hammer' grip long ago, my method - forks @ 90deg., thumb and forefinger supporting, top band and fork are the 'sights' - with practice you can take a pidgeon in flight!. Never bought a slingshot - but made, and sold quite a few.....oh! and to get back on topic - Condor in a Comoy!
    OT
    [​IMG]

20. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Take a look what Jesse [a Terrier] can do! :appl:

G.L. Pease Chelsea Morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.