What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Peterson Special Reserve 2012 in a Peterson 80s. Black coffee from the press. Quiet windless morning and no vampire bugs made for a pleasant walk at first light. 14C(57F)H88%

2. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

No sleep last night, but I am off this weekend. Just need to get through today. Smoking Penzance in a Rock Cob, an excellent combo.

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Kids are off to school
    house is quiet and i can hear the birds singing a happy song (since old ted is not around )

one more liter of coffee and smoking a bowl of blended tobacco in pipe

4. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Good Morning to All! It's great to be back on. I finally passed one of those damn stones and then I had the procedure to blast the other one. This is the best I've felt in over 2 weeks! I've been smoking but didn't have the patience to navigate on the computer. The pain meds kinda made that difficult too! Man, what a lost 2 weeks. I am hopeful that the worst is over but I am sure even if the other one breaks up that it won't be fun passing the debris!
    I am starting my day off with Steven Books First Pipe in the new Castello Great Line Dublin. It is a huge pipe and this will be a very long smoke. I pressed some fresh roasted Ethiopa Amaro beans and it is going great with the blend. Ahh, life is good!

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Glad to hear you're feeling better Paul!

Still Sutliffe Academy (thanks rekamepip) in the Suffolk.

6. BernardLerring

BernardLerring Active Member

Back on the home brew, I think I can get used to making my own blends.

7. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Hey FBPaul! Good to see you back. Curse the stones.

8. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

To me. Coke Zero tastes better, being a long time Coke drinker. Both has aspertame and I would rather they found something else to use.

9. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Golden extra in a gbd bulldog. Much coffee on the side. GE always reminds me of swr-in a good way.

10. BernardLerring

More of a Pepsi man myself, though I have sweet tooth and I find it a bit sweeter than coke. I find something a little missing from the Coke Zero, but I like to have it as a nice change.

11. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

We got some light rain this morning and I sat out on the porch with a cob full of Liberty and coffee to watch and enjoy it. Radar looks like there's more on the way. I know a lot of you folks have had more rain than you want but it's a pretty rare treat here.
    Now smoking some midnight ride, in a Roma bent Dublin, second pot o coffee brewing, playing fetch with the cat and enjoying the dark overcast sunrise. It's shaping up to be a pipe smoking day.:)

12. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Chilly again this morning. Temp dropped into the 50's last night. Wasn't even in the mood for a pipe this morning! Got over that quickly, and fired up the EMP in a Peterson system. That and the Russian tea finally got me awake.

13. furious

furious Junque collector

I am on summer vacation through the end of next week, so I expect to get a lot of pipe smoking in. Right now it's some Elizabethan Mixture in a Barling bent bulldog and coffee. Beautiful day shaping up here in central MD.

14. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Stormy is back. I am sitting at my desk wishing I was at home in the Florida Room with a big pipe full of MacB Plumcake.

[​IMG]

15. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

WB FBPaul! Good to hear of the passing. I expect the passing of whats left will be the scream heard around the world. Hope it's not that bad. :puffy::toast:

16. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

Bullitproof Cob full of Carter Hall last night, bliss! Definately replicating tonight when I get home! Also a cheeky Peterson Killarney red Billiard full of Dunhill London Mixture whilst walking the pups across stubble fields :)

17. Orson

Orson Member

Just tried a new one for me...4noggins Butternut Burley...I really enjoyed it!

18. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Glad to hear your doing better

:th1:

19. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Got some GE going in an Apple this morning. Tetley tea in the mug. Thinking about those slingshots, hmmmmmm..I do have a bb pistol for use on those errant critters that roam around the neighborhood. I've found that the bb's wont hurt them but does scare the crap out of them and gets them moving.

20. BernardLerring

Assailling my taste buds with a half latakia half perique home brew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.