1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Mixture 965 in the Pony Foot meer. Finishing up the generic cola on the side. (I sip my soda slower than my tobacco.) :bing:

2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Telegraph Hill in a cob. Still Pepsi Max.

3. mrjinglepants

mrjinglepants Member

Trying some Golden sliced in my meer with a pint of Sinister Black (my favorite micro brew at the moment) on the patio. Needed it after the day I had...

p120d16y, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 16 others like this.
  4. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I'm about to light up some Amphora Regular in the Tinsky Natural Bent Apple. It's been at least ten years since I smoked this (back during my brief stint as a pipe smoker while living in Mexico, Amphora were one of the few blends I could get).

[​IMG]

p120d16y, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 19 others like this.
  5. CthulhuDawg

CthulhuDawg Member

I have a few moments to myself and I've decided to fill the room with the wonderful smell of MacB Dark Twist, lovin this stuff.

PipeSimmo, YAPPG, fishnbanjo and 17 others like this.
  6. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Welcome to 2013. Better dead than Beiber. Is Beiber a commie plot?

Peter Stokkebye English Oriental Supreme in a BST Canadian. Nice drive back through just enough rain to power wash the bugs off the car. 13C(55F)H63%

p120d16y, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 20 others like this.
  7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Peretti Midnight (thanks, YappyG!) in the Squatch Stout Volcano. The latakia in this blend is wonderfully smokey.

p120d16y, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 17 others like this.
  8. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Dorchester in a Karl Erik 1/4 bent brandy

PipeSimmo, YAPPG, fishnbanjo and 15 others like this.
  9. dBear

dBear Active Member

There once was an iceberg from JimInks
    Who decided one day that his job stinks.
    So he hopped on a sled,
    To the westward he fled
    And ended up in dBear's drinks.
    :)

p120d16y, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 16 others like this.
  10. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Hello. Having some Full Virginia Flake, aka FVF, aka Really Great Stuff, in a Northern Briars banker.

I don't know what the deal is with the weather here this year, I swear. We have had a really unusual amount of rain, to the point that I sometimes feel I've moved to Seattle. On top of that, it's only been above 90˚F a handful times this summer. This time of year the average temp is in the mid-90's. I don't know what to think. I kind of have this sense of impending doom, like a bomb is about to go off, or, for some wishful thinking, maybe we'll get eight feet of snow this winter (yeah right). But seriously, what the hell man? I'm not complainin', I'm just a'wonderin'. Low 70's, nice breeze right now.

PipeSimmo, YAPPG, fishnbanjo and 18 others like this.
  11. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

The difference being that you are getting much harder rain than Seattle usually gets. And you have more of them ugly flying skeeter monsters. I've worked on asphalt crews in your area in July and August and what you describe is most unusual.

On my second bowl of Maltese Falcon in the Grabow ear marked for lat blends.

12. Morse

Morse Active Member

I do so miss it though.

13. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Got home from work and having some MacB Golden Extra in the Corndog. Might just grab a couple shots of E Williams and relax to a movie before bed.

Smokey, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 17 others like this.
  14. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Well in the summer, yeah, the rain has been much harder than in Seattle, but all winter it was grey skies and drizzle for days, if not weeks, on end. I actually love that kind of weather, so I thought it was great, but most of the sun-worshipers around here did some serious complaining. These people get worked up if the temp drops below 50˚F, so just imagine what they thought about 35˚F and constant drizzly rain.

PipeSimmo, YAPPG, fishnbanjo and 9 others like this.
  15. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

There once was a bear named D
    Who had no ice, said he
    A Saint Bernard heard his plea
    So he took him ice, you see
    And filled his glass with whiskey
    DBear's heart was full of glee
    Until he realized he was drinking p--.

YAPPG, fishnbanjo, Morse and 14 others like this.
  16. JimInks

Now smoking Rekamepip's Pressed August Blend in a 2013 slight bend grain blasted briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank. This is the pressed version of other August Blend. So far, it has a lightly sweeter taste, but I'll be able to judge it better after I smoke another bowl or two.

Pirates are beating the Padres 8-1 in the 8th, and the BoSox and Giants are tied 2-2 in the 9th.

PipeSimmo, YAPPG, fishnbanjo and 16 others like this.
  17. dBear

dBear Active Member

Now smoking the last of my Black House (thanks, RickPal!) in the Kaywoodie PSF POY 2013. Drinking p-- pep-- Perrier water! (with a floaty li'l iceberg)

PipeSimmo, fishnbanjo, Morse and 15 others like this.
  18. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Thanks to Coastie, and Rekamepip, I am smoking loose August Blend in a GBD straight,smooth Billiard, and ice tea in the BGM

19. JimInks

The Indians and Angels are tied 1-1 in the 10th. I'm still working, still drinking ice water, and now smoking Tilbury in a 2003 black grain etched Karl Erik Ekstravagant horn. Tilbury is quickly becoming one of my favorite Esoterica blends. One of these days, I'm going to get back to Penzance and Stonehaven, though.

20. JimInks

I finally have my work finished for the day. Now, I'm relaxing and reading box scores while Molly tries to pull the sock off my right foot. Maybe she has cold paws? :rolleyes: I'm smoking Angler's Dream in a 2013 medium bend Spillproof corndog cob, and drinking ice water.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    PipeSimmo, YAPPG, dBear and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.