1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zacROK

zacROK Member

Last night was capped off with a legend full of Peter Stokkebye cherry. The non-offensive smoke for a nigh in the bar.

p120d16y, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  2. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Smoking Black Swan in a straight 1979 MM Legend. A tasty black cavendish, but not as good as Molto Dulce. Still trying to decide what to think of it before I write a review.

PipeSimmo, YAPPG, dBear and 14 others like this.
  3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Before I go to sleep, I'm going to have short smoke and enjoy some cinnamon: Rekamepip's "Sinphony" Mix in a straight 2012 Rekamepip made Sugar Barrel pipe. See you folks in the afternoon!

4. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

A Castello full of Old Ironsides and some percolated coffee earlier, now it's Copenhagen and office coffee.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  5. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

3 Oaks Syrian, in a blasted straight prince.

6. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Finished 2 bowls of August Blend in the AIC, all thanks to Rekamepip, and ice tea in the BGM
    Watched Olympus has Fallen, not bad, much better than the other white house movie recently..
    Good Morning to All!:beck:

7. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone! I'm DGTing the bowl that I lit as I was leaving Produce Row yesterday. I smoked it back to the warehouse, where work began in earnest. Then it came with me on the 493 mile delivery route. No air conditioning, so to much wind for smoking. I smoked on it some more as I drove home last night. This morning there's a little more than half a bowl left. So, here's another go at PS LTF, two flakes folded and stuffed, one on top of the other, in my MM Spoolcob w/straight stem. Puff on PSFers!

8. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Happy belated 25th!

Still PS LTF int the MM Spoolcob.

9. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I love that stuff. Never caught my membranes on fire.

Still PS LTF in the MM Spoolcob.

10. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

It´s been a busy morning and now I´m stopping by for a quick lunch - a couple of sandwiches and some tea - and I think I´ll enjoy a bowl of MacB:s Virginia No 1 before heading back to work.

11. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

Squadron Leader in a GBD pot

12. fordy

fordy Member

Morning all.

Delicous, fresh, St Bruno RR from Greens of Leeds in a Falcon/Plymouth rustic.

13. User4408

User4408 Active Member

My very first bowl of Strang, in a Dunhill Diplomat ...

[​IMG]

Heeding the advice of numerous 1960's Playmates, I realized that to fully enjoy the pleasure of Strang smoking, it must be done in the nude.

Fragrant plumes of Strang smoke enveloped me as I paraded about the house in a lightly-scented cloud of loveliness. Borrowing inspiration from Manet's bewitching Odalisque, my sole garment was a scanty black bow tie, not dissimilar to the one worn by my mentor Bev. This provided a momentary tease to my fiery Welsh wife, who was obliged to "fully undress" me before giving wild, unrestrained vent to her mounting ardor and passion.

Missing not a single puff or tamp, I maintained meticulous tasting notes as the tempest raged about me. Actually, it raged on top, around back, overhead, underneath, and slightly to one side. Such is the power of Strang. Schönen Dank, Simmo.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:ccup::puffy:
    Morning routine

Thuber88, PipeSimmo, YAPPG and 9 others like this.
  15. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Good morning all. Butz Choquin Broad Cut Semois in the egg, black coffee on the side. :toast: DWaugh.

16. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning,
    I feel a Compton's day coming on. So, I'll start it with Compton's Commonweal in the Squatch Dublin with the horn insert on the stem with black coffee for my ride into work this beautiful morning in NJ.

Happy Smoking,
    Paul

17. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

I'm starting today with a cob full of CH and lots of coffee. Off work today to take care of some banking this morning an PT this afternoon.

I have been wanting a new flake pipe and I remembered a long neglected Peter Kent, Made in Denmark, # 539, Canadian in my small collection. So I retrieved it this morning to clean up and prepare to smoke. However, the walls seem a bit thin, probably about 1/8 inch thick so do you guys think I may have an overheating problem even though I am a sipper? If so, what type of tobacco should I smoke in a thin wall pipe? This is the only thin wall I own.

18. User3940

User3940 Active Member

Smoking some Vanilla Cavendish in my Stanwell and enjoying a good cup of coffee. Ready for the middle of the week and looking forward to the arrival of my new Halo Triton eCig tank system to arrive. Should be a good day.

[​IMG]

19. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

2nd generation sleeper activated by Putin. He's a tricky bastard.

p120d16y, Thuber88, YAPPG and 10 others like this.
  20. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Hello everyone. I finished the DGT on the way to Produce Row. I think this pipe and this blend bring out the best in each other, so I've loaded up for a re-run. Bowl #2 is, once again, PS LTF in my MM Spoolcob. And, once again, I'll probably be smoking it all day. Puff on PSFers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.