What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonarman

sonarman Member

Back at it. It's been a while but the weather is Getting right and the cigars are being put to bed.

1994 Va #22 in a Cob!

2. dBear

dBear Active Member

I'm cheating by taking a short break while I light up this Red Cake in the Kaywoodie PSF POY. Now it's back to work.

3. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Good afternoon. Classic Burley Kake in a Spillcob for me after lunch. I really need more of this tobacco. I'm down to only a couple of bowls. Unfortunately, as seems to be the norm at P&C these days, it is on backorder with no ETA. :mad: I'm glad Russ is selling a lot of tobacco, but come on!

Savoring my last five days before classes start back. The calm before the storm, to be sure. Got 15 credit hours to take this semester, five courses, all English, and all upper level (400-level or higher). That is going to mean a hell of a lot of writing. Bring it on!

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Chris Johnson just hit a fly ball that became a three run homer, so the Braves lead the Mets 4-1 in the bottom of 9th. I'm smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1980s smooth slight bend Wally Frank Dublin.

5. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Thunderstorms all day here, so I'm at home this afternoon catching up on some paperwork too long neglected. The ordeal is softened considerably by good company - the dogs and Velvan plug in an Astley lovat. Nearly time for a cold beer I reckon. :puffy:

6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Get back to work:whis:

7. dBear

dBear Active Member

I'm going, I'm going! Geez! Can I help it if this Red Cake is still smoking?

8. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Just finished the bowl that I loaded at about 7:30 this morning. Now I've lit up some August Blend in the rekamepip Rusticated Briar Pipe (thanks to rekamepip on both counts). This is a small pipe, great for a quick smoke. It smokes like a champ! Anyway, home now. Puff on PSFers!

Edit: Good to see you again Sonarman!

9. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

10. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Oh my. My mailbox just exploded. Thanks to Snake and Dbear, I now have plenty of samples to go through on my day off tomorrow :byg: I believe I'll start my day tomorrow with Carter Hall, coffee, and a cob for the first time ever. Finally get to see what you codgers are all on about.

Snake also sent me some St. Bruno RR, some Capstan blue, and some Balkan Sobranie, all with a bit of age on them. Excited to try them. Now I'll just have to find a falcon and some Condor and I'll be on my way to being an old Brit codger :byg:

DBear sent me a gracious pile of samples of Peretti's . I'm pretty excited to run through those. He also sent me some black lung, which smells pretty awesome.

Thanks gents. I'll be sure to send something fun back to the both of you. :th1:

Morse, Snake, Artistik and 17 others like this.
  11. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I'm in the mood for McClelland's Navy Cavendish so I'm indulging with the new Castello Great Line Bent Dublin with ice tea on the side. Floaty little icebergs in the glass of course.

Paul

12. user3221

user3221 Active Member

smoking another bowl of mixed batch blend in corn cob pipe

while trying to figure out why online shopping at pipesandcigars costs more than at cigarsintl
    :msty:

13. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

Well, I was going to wait till after supper, but the boss lady said it'll be about 45 minutes until food's ready so..... Carter Hall in my favorite cob, the Wally Frank Royal that rekamepip sent me. :th1: I know you all love it with coffee but it's pretty damn good with a pint of Yuengling too.

Morse, psquared, Artistik and 16 others like this.
  14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

No Coffee !
    Not sure your supposed to do that......

Mr Stick please report to the DGE room for a meeting with Doug
    that is located 2 doors down from the Mayors office on the left

15. dBear

dBear Active Member

Happy smoking, WalkingStick! Carter Hall - good for any occasion.

Edit: Uh-oh! I see you're being called to the Carter Hall Principal's Office. (Haw-haw!! :loser:)

16. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Not a bad day, I think the boss took her meds today. Home enjoying some Molson XXX. Just finished a bowl of Sherlock Holmes in the no-name (but very nice) paneled billiard Dogtalker sent me. Working on a some Irish Flake in the Paykock meer right now. Had a couple bowls of CH in the Falcon while driving.

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Boston is beating the Giants 6-1 in the :dkn:. I'm drinking a can of Mountain Dew and now smoking Tilbury in a 2003 smooth full bend, gold banded 3 Star Ferndown Tudor Root. Stormy's outside complaining about something. Maybe he wants to smoke some Tilbury?

18. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Happy Hump,

Penzance, in a Castello. Coors Light, in a mug, 'cause I'm classy.

19. dBear

dBear Active Member

Cool! I'm officially on break. So now it's time to sit back and enjoy a real smoke - Black Lung in the new Squatch Lean Volcano. I may even break out a generic cola. :thu2:

20. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Been trying to catch up on this since I got back from CVS around noon. Think i'm going to start wearing one of those filter masks and protective gloves when I go there to pick up a script. Got home and dragged over here to the desk and been here mostly nodding off. Fells like i've got a head cold but I know its just sinus crap. Plugged up completly on one side and was feeling kinda out of it. Tried to snuff some Menthol up on that side but didn't work. Had some soup and looked here off and on between snoozes, lol. Will catch up in a few. I think lots of us are having an off Hump Day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.