What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

My day just keeps getting better.

2. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Dunhill De-lux Navy Roll in a Savinelli bent brandy.

3. WalkinStick

This classy?
    [​IMG]

4. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

You prolly never have gotten that lucky, with or without a pipe!:xd::laff::ngty::ohyh::rofl::rofl::poke: :toast:

5. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Thank you! Hard to believe she's put up with me that long. She even puts up with my Pirate Kake habit, though I get the "nose wrinkle"; I do please her with the occasional bowl of CBW. :D

Morse, psquared, User4408 and 11 others like this.
  6. sagittarius

sagittarius Member

My last bowl for the day: Orlik Golden Slices in my (almost straight grain) Stanwell strawberry. God, I wished it was a cauldron rather than merely a bowl! Anyhow, it'll get me thru the middle of the midnight watch.

7. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Thank you! Can't believe it's been 25 years! I've been married over half my life--a good women to put up with my crap. She even puts up with my smoking Pirate Kake in the house (albiet with an occaisonal nose wrinkle). :D

8. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Heavens no, not that classy. You're getting up into leather Croc classy right there.

9. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Hello folks. Having another smoke, this time it's Murray's era Nightcap in a Neerup that has seen a lot of Nightcap in its day. Big thanks to WrightwoodJohn for the generous sample. I'm pleased to say that I believe I like the Orlik version a bit better. The Murray's is somehow a bit milder yet a bit rougher around the edges, a strange paradox. The Orlik has this deep, rich, almost oily decadence to it, and I think it edges out the Murray's version for me. Then again, I may be biased, as Orlik Nightcap was my introduction to "good" pipe tobacco (read: fancy, tinned pipe tobacco).

10. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well back from the ENT 2 states away and it looks like I will come off oral steroids and go on aural steroids, continuing on oral until the date is set, having some Firefly Mix in the original MM Diplomat with Wellington Forever Stem. :bing:

11. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Afternoon, fellows. Finally slowed down enough to post a little.

Night Train in a cob. It's still too humid for anything else.

Morse, Snake, psquared and 19 others like this.
  12. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good afternoon everyone! I'm enjoying some Sutliff Academy (thanks rekamepip) in a MM Legend that I bought at the B&M I came across in Findley Ohio last weekend. I'm waiting for daisy to come home. Then we'll eat. Puff on PSFers!

13. WalkinStick

I'm gonna go back to drinking out of the can, then. Can't have any commie shoes around here.

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Hey SouthBound, good to see ya. Glad you are ok, now we need Brit and several others to come back. We have missed you all!

15. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Hi Mike, you are staying away too long, Morse is left alone to defend that soapy crap, poor fellow.

16. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

evening all.

Hiland Cigar's Black Gold Plus in a Pete standard system.

17. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Hey ho,
    had quite a busy day, there wasn't even time to smoke one tiny bowl. A nice surprise was waiting for me when I came home after this stressful day, my birth year Pete Deluxe arrived and wow it's a beauty. It looks like new from the outside (I only have to clean up the interior), pretty impressive for a pipe from '77 .
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately not ready to go yet, so for now it's some Dan's Ascanian#2 in another Pete, a '75 System Deluxe 9s.

MentorBV - I see the Strang has worked for you! :) :toast:

18. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Starting the day in the afternoon. Somethings never change. Starting with CH in a cob with the usual industrial strength Kick Ass (tm) coffee. Some things never change.

Morse, psquared, Artistik and 14 others like this.
  19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

This is my inargural smoke of Capstan Blue in a mid-1970s black rusticated straight Savinelli Estella 915 KS. I do believe none of you should buy this. Buy something else instead. Forget it exists and be happy with backyard crabgrass! Stay away from it! In other words: Keep yer mitts off!!

Damn, it's good. But don't tell anybody.

20. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

I've been liking that coffee a lot recently. Try the 454 Horse Power from the same folks, lives up to it's name.

LEO in the old Peterson 82s has done me good service today. Now Princes Street in a Peterson Canadian. Warmed up quite a bit to 22C(72F)H23%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.