What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Evening, gents. Well, I've been dragging this week. I've been getting decent enough sleep, but I think the past couple of hard work weeks are catching up to me finally. I had a terrible workday. We had two large ad sets tonight, which isn't too bad. There was some internal stuff that I won't get into, and I had some rude customers. My store manager did provide pizza for the dept. supervisors for lunch, which was nice. I puffed on a little CH in the MM Hardwood at lunch, and it helped to calm my nerves. I finished the bowl off on the drive home. I've been smoking more CH, this time in the Diplomat, while catching up on the thread. I gotta say, seeing the Rangers get that walk-off and going up 2.5 games on Oakland really made the night better.

Morse, Thuber88, rondel65 and 15 others like this.
  2. dBear

dBear Active Member

Peretti Tashkent in the Squatch Prince. Need to grab something to eat and then get back to work.

Morse, Thuber88, rondel65 and 13 others like this.
  3. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just had a fun phone call into the MLB talk show on the XM. So now I'm smoking Maple Street in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple, with ice water for my drink.

4. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

There's a chance I've heard you call in before, but never knew it. I listen to a lot of MLB on XM. I listen to a lot of First Pitch and Inside Pitch.

I'm smoking Great Outdoors in the Diplomat. Washing it down with Pepsi Max.

5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Here's that panel bulldog JimInks mentioned earlier. I love this pipe - it's so crude!

[​IMG]

6. JimInks

I'm usually sleeping and miss First Pitch, but I often listen to the other shows, and occasionally call in. Last year, when Jim Bowden was supporting the idea of Melky Cabrera coming back to the Giants for the playoffs when his suspension was up, I called and not only changed his mind, but they used a clip from my phone call as an advertisement nearly every hour for a week. That was fun and a little weird. It had been a long time since I had heard myself talking on the radio. I used to do a local radio talk show, but that was years ago.

Morse, Thuber88, surlysoul and 10 others like this.
  7. JimInks

I agree, but it's a great smoker!

Morse, Thuber88, surlysoul and 6 others like this.
  8. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

I wanted to call in during the Mike Trout/Miggy MVP debacle, but I was always just about to work and never had the chance. I mostly listen when I'm driving, during my lunch break, or in the mornings I'll listen on my phone while I'm doing stuff in the shop at work. It mostly helps keep me awake at 6:30 am.

Morse, surlysoul, fishnbanjo and 5 others like this.
  9. mrjinglepants

mrjinglepants Member

I had picnic dinner by the river with the bride, then plopped down in a lounge chair on the river bank for some dark twist in my meer, ginger ale and a book. It was awesome.

10. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Finishing a bowl of Davidoff Flake Medallions (thanks to F&B) with Pirate Jim(thanks to F&B) and ice tea in the BGM.
    Just finished Star Trek into the Darkness, decent movie, irks me they keep re-writing the star trek history though.
    Stormy has stopped by, will wait for power to go out, or not, depending on how long he stays or how angry he gets.

11. JimInks

The new Star Trek movies are taking place in an alternate universe, so they do not invalidate what came before. But I'm not crazy about that or any kind of quasi-retro continuity, though I do like the new ST movies.

I've a little more work to do, so I'm listening to the MLB talk on the XM and smoking Barbados Plantation in a 1979 no name French briar smooth full bend egg.

12. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

I've had enough of today so I've loaded the lat Grabow with pirate kake with a bit of very dry JKP on top for kindling and thinking of better things. Yorkshire tea, currently my favourite English tea.

13. briandevlin

briandevlin Member

My first full bowl of Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake in a Medcalf poker :p:uffy
    [​IMG]
    bdp

14. JimInks

Listening to some music and smoking Country Estate in a medium bend 2013 black Rekamepip Rock Cob poker.

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 12 others like this.
  15. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Just wakened, coffee and some Peterson's Deluxe Mixture in the dinky Pete Calabash. Good morning folks.

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 12 others like this.
  16. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

72F, 72% humidity at 0300. Oddly enough, there's a little breeze and it was very pleasant to be outside.

SG BBF, in a Ser Jacopo.

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 14 others like this.
  17. scopawl

scopawl Member

Well, I'm about 30 pages behind this thread now. It always seems to get away from me towards the end of the month, I think you guys pick up the pace...
    Anyway, I had a little bowl of Half and Half in my Jean Claude churchwarden while preparing a package of pipe stuff to send to a friend.
    ( http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/helping-a-friend-get-into-pipe-smoking.31601/ )

I got this pouch of H&H from my partner's mother who lives in Tenerife, so unfortunately the stuff's as dry as I've ever seen a pipe tobacco- can't say it did too much for me in its current state. I'm going to have a bash at rehydrating it.

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 11 others like this.
  18. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Another mouth-watering bowl of Strang in a DH Prince, which burned perfectly bis zum letzten Kr├╝mel.

Next up, a brimming load of Stockton in a straight MM Pride ...

[​IMG]

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 14 others like this.
  19. sagittarius

sagittarius Member

First pipe of the day: My Yves St. Claude bought in the late seventies (with its second bit by now), filled with DTM's Skipper's Flake.

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 11 others like this.
  20. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good morning everyone! First smoke for me is Davidoff Flake Medallions (2) in my 2013 Kaywoodie PSF POY. As usual, I'm drinking black coffee. I'm quite the creature of habit. Have a great day everyone!

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.