What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Partial bowl of aged Telegraph Hill in the Parker

2. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I've wondered what age does to that. Is the perique noticeably different?

Thuber88, dBear, JimInks and 5 others like this.
  3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 8 others like this.
  4. WalkinStick

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 9 others like this.
  5. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Came across a nicely fogged jar of Irish Oak so loaded some in a Peterson 83s for my morning walk. 8C(46F)H77%
    Yes, I did put on a jacket before going out.

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I almost chose Irish Oak this morning! Good blend

Thuber88, Old Codger, dBear and 6 others like this.
  7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Wow, this is a true first, two days of waking from the grave, I feel like I'm locked into 0830, truly weird. More awake than yesterday I guess the only thing I can think of causing this is my new orthotics, one of which is partially making up for a 12+ mm difference in the length of my left leg compared to my right which has stretched due to Stiff Person Syndrome Episodes which throw my knees, hips and back out of alignment and I refuse to take the pain meds until I can't stand it any longer. Up to 2 1/2 hrs per day with them and I can feel the difference and it's quite possible it leaves my body in a much more pain free state while under the sheets.

Had 2 pipes of Firefly Mix in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem and MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem, on to PRM #3 with #4 to be close on its heels, good morning PSFer's. :ccup:

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 20 others like this.
  8. Albert

Albert Active Member

Vabur blend of old gowrie and teds f150 burley in a cob. Home roasted Burundi coffee to wash it down.

Morse, Lucky Duck, Thuber88 and 14 others like this.
  9. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Seemed like I just blinked and I was three days behind on this thread. Keeping track here is almost a second career. :)

Right now it is coffee (pouring my third cup) and Cairo in a MM Egg, with a Forever Stem.

Morse, Lucky Duck, Thuber88 and 17 others like this.
  10. WalkinStick

Well I tried to find something productive to do (honest) but I can't, so I'm smoking my third bowl of CH for the morning and drinking more coffee. I guess I'm going to have to buy a tub or two of this stuff.

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 19 others like this.
  11. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Carter Hall, Bullitt Proof, and Maxwell House. Think I need to spend the morning in the shop.

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 21 others like this.
  12. ryan65

ryan65 Member

well, they finally released Dunhill Nightcap in Japan and that would be what I'm smoking- in a Peterson Donegal Rocky 107 :sh:

13. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good idea for my next smoke!

Wife wasn't digging my Dunhill Standard Mixture Medium in the house last night (too strong she said), so I am DGT'ing now, outside with coffee.
    Happy Thursday all.

14. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Well, i'm up among the living, I think. I have my doubts about some of you. Started off with what I had last night, some of FnB's fine aged Anni Kake, :bow: in the Medico Apple. Pg tips in the mug to sip. One thing good this morning, my nose unstopped! Now it's just draining non-stop. :( :puke:Yeah, I know, my head is full of :poop:, :laff:

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 16 others like this.
  15. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Penzance in a Rock Cob and coffee on the side. Wasn't going to work today, but my wife took the day off. Now instead of having a manly day watching sisterhood of the traveling pants, I have a honey do list. It might be easier to go to work.

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  16. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

The headquarters are around Boulder, CO. So there is a good chance.

Thuber88, FlatbushPaul, dBear and 6 others like this.
  17. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I'll keep wearing them, perhaps in doing so my capitalist ass will drag down the brand.;)

18. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

I am, apparently, smoking sh*t. Read up on Borkum Riff (Bourbon Whiskey) on Tobacco Reviews and learned things like "flavourless, heated smoke", "bitter and untasty", "tasted like a pair of old sweaty socks", "nothing but pure toung bite", "amazed that it´s even on the market" and "horrible taste, really bad bite, sucks". Maybe I´m an incompetent pipe smoker and does something fundamentally wrong? I guess I could force it to burn hot if I really tried and probably I could make it bite my tounge. I can do these things with any tobacco but I don´t really see the point in the exercise. When I treat this tobacco right it behaves nicely. As for its flavour it smells and tastes like a blend of burley and virginia, which is fine for me. There is a very subtle note of bourbon but not much (which also is fine. If it´s whiskey I crave I´d rather drink it than smoke it.) Actually, I think this is a pretty decent tobacco. Nothing fancy, nothing sensational but a satisfying everyday smoke. But what do I know?

edit. Just found this gem "SOME CLAN SMOKERS MAY LIKE IT".:appl:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    Morse, jameshenrym, User4408 and 14 others like this.
  19. WalkinStick

So I've been up since daylight and have done absolutely nothing but smoke CH and drink coffee. I'm pretty sure I can hear my hair turning gray. I could smoke this stuff all day long. Hopefully the ups guy will show up soon and I can start breaking in my new Butz-Choquin....with some Carter Hall. :byg:

Morse, User4408, Lucky Duck and 12 others like this.
  20. WalkinStick

That's the spirit...comrade. :poke: :byg:

Morse, Thuber88, FlatbushPaul and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.