1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

She tried...I had the keys. It's a long walk home from the fair.

2. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

I'm about to head out to meet my brother at the pub. I might not see him again before he heads back to Hong Kong. Hopefully we get a seat on the patio so I can smoke some McC 5125 Coyote Classic in my Altinok LVC. I'm mostly packed and ready to head out to Capt's gathering tomorrow.

[​IMG]

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I don't understand the metal pipes. My Viking is one of my smallest pipes (if not in fact my smallest), and while it is larger than the Viking, the Falcon bowl isn't exactly large. Yet both pipes smoke astonishingly slowly. The Revor Plug, even sliced thin and rubbed out, lasted over an hour!

Now on to something totally different....MacBaren Mixture in the System. When I bought it, my sister remarked that it was an extremely curly pipe, but she was disappointed that I didn't get the gourd calabash the store had which was "even curlier!"

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Braves lead the Cards 2-1 in the :dkn:, Rockies lead the Phillies 4-1 in the 8th, and Royals lead the White Sox 3-0 in the 6th. While I'm waiting for the FVF to dry, I'm almost finished smoking Rekamepip's August Blend in a 2013 slight bend grain blasted briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank. I also took some more photos of some of my pipes, which Thuber will post some time later.

Memo to Rekamepip: I took a pic of the Briar Workshop pipe you wanted to see.
    For those who care to read Lyin' Braun's apology, here's the link to a few more lies: http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130822&content_id=57972360&vkey=news_mil&c_id=mil

5. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Just had my 1st smoke of FVF, what a smoke this stuff is. Nice dark flakes with sugar crystals. This stuff is high in sugar, very sweet smoke and no bite at all. Very happy with this purchase.
    [​IMG]

6. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I'm joining in with David by smoking FVF in a smooth 2002 medium bend eight sided panel top straight grain Rinaldo Collection Silver Line F Egea 05 Titania bulldog. Cards now lead the Braves 4-2 in the Jim Beam inning.

7. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

I did the 8 second microwave trick. Still had to relight allot at 1st. Tomorrow im going to try a 2 hour dry time.

8. dBear

dBear Active Member

Spaghetti was great. So is this Peretti Oriental #40 in the Squatch Stout Volcano.

9. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

And...I'm like 100 pages behind! Swr in a GG poker. Just ordered 6 more pouches. Great all day utility smoke.

10. User4408

User4408 Active Member

MB Acadian Perique in a straight MM Legend ...

[​IMG]

Literally the moment you light up, the flavor saturates your mouth. You gotta love perique. And it's nice and stinky, in the good way. Yet there sits SWMBO quiet as a lamb.

The odd thing is ... this tin dates from 2010. My first bowl must not have been too memorable. But this bowl is sensational, just what I've been looking for. All the VaPers I've been smoking recently have failed to deliver except for this one. Even Flake Medallions had me snoozing the other night. My taste buds are obviously off. Time for a few cleansing bowls of M79 :whis:

11. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] Hot and muggy, yuk. For the time being I have stowed the Latakia for a Vabur from Uhley's #44. in a Radice Rind paneled billiard. Pairing tonight with Mount Gay Black Label Rum and a fresh peach. Have a good evening.

Morse, p120d16y, psquared and 16 others like this.
  12. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

A late start to the day with 10 Ruskies in the Pete with 454 horse power coffee.

13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Eat a peach.

14. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:whis:
    Fixed it for you !!

15. krusty

krusty Active Member

Escudo in a no-name meer.

16. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

This never took off. I stopped at home for three minutes to drop off some stuff and pick up a pipe. DFS was the tobacco...had no time to prep the plug.

I need a stronger aromatic for the car...to keep it smelling pretty and pipey...the Devils Holiday has never been my favorite.

Of course, I need to finish some open tine before I try new stuff...because need more jars.

17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Started out turning off computer so i could clean my dirty @ss keyboard
    and ended up
    Spending the last hour cleaning my old 1965 barrel back solid maple office chair
    did not want to but ended up scrubbing off some of the old protective patina ( which my wife calls dirt and grime )

so while it drys overnight i am sitting on back up chair and smoking my little briar pipe that i converted into a churchwarden
    and she smokes so much better now !

skandinavik full aroma for the next 20-30 minutes
    with maxwell house coffee in me ole clay stein

18. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

I believe your new thread is up to date at this time

Morse, p120d16y, psquared and 10 others like this.
  19. furious

furious Junque collector

Home from my three day sojourn to the mountains of western Maryland. Had a most relaxing time pretending that I was Thoreau and fishing for yellow perch in Deep Creek Lake. Smoked a lot and read and for the most part was disconnected from my daily life in the burbs.

Am presently smoking some Elizabethan Mixture in a Loewe prince.

Morse, Thuber88, p120d16y and 18 others like this.
  20. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Very nice.

Your posts made me realize that the BC and Chacom pipes are definitely worth a look. I've got my eye on this one:

[​IMG]

The stamping on the Chacom is flawless. I've noticed that with the vintage pieces as well. I used to think the French makes were a bit unusual, but they're beautiful pipes once you get used to them.

Still huffing on MB Acadian Perique ... what a smoke!

Morse, Thuber88, p120d16y and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.