What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 430pat

430pat Member

Marlin Flake in a BIG ASS STANWELL on my deck right now.

2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

You must pack yours very well and/or puff just right. Both my falcons are lucky to last 30 min, but are very good smokers.

Morse, Thuber88, FlatbushPaul and 9 others like this.
  3. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

I smoked some SWR while catching up on the latest episode of Hell on Wheels. I think I'm about to turn in, or at least try to. My tooth is killing me and nothing has helped it.

4. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Dorchester in a Karl Erik Ekstravagant 1/4 bent brandy accompanied by some Bulleit Rye

5. Morse

Morse Active Member

I was starting to tire a little...........but smoking flowers makes you strong, I had a good few days left in me

6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Having a bit of a treat tonight by smoking some very ancient Balkan Sobranie in the Barling Canadian. The BS came in the Box Pass I got. Honestly it's nice to smoke it every now and then, but I sure would like to have some of the new version. The old stuff dosen't knock your socks off like the versions from early 70's. The old stuff never will taste like that, because I don't think that lats age that well that long. The stuff we smoked back then had some powerful mojo. When you smoked them it made you think you could reach out and touch God. Drinking some Coke Zero with lots of stuck-together frozen water cubes in a frozen mug.

7. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Try taking 4 advil.

8. LoganG

LoganG Member

After a hectic week, I finally have a day off tomorrow so I'm gonna enjoy the night.

[​IMG]

I got 26 lovely samplers through the FNG/FOG thread courtesy of Mr. Tony Malerich and a handmade tamp from Jeebs. Not sure what I'm smoking yet, but I'm sure I'll manage to figure something out:ohyh:

9. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Nice hall, Logan, enjoy.

10. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Tired out from taking a lot of pipe pictures. I didn't get to the Savinellis and Ascortis yet, and didn't photo all the Petes, but got 10 out of 13. Thuber will post some more soon, and I'll send more later.

The Bucs just scored 7 runs and now lead the Giants 10-3 in the :dkn:. I'm smoking Field Master in a 1975 three quarter bend black Dunhill Shell. Yes, I took pics of the Dunhills. Going to relax the rest of the evening. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with silent floaty icebergs is my drink.

11. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Painter Hills in a IMP meerschaum.Huge flavour out of this smoke this evening. Darjeeling tea. 18C(64F)H47%

12. dBear

dBear Active Member

Gonna fire up this here bowl of Onyx (thanks, F&B!) in the Sav Auto blobby pipe and get an early start on tomorrow's work. :snork:

13. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

My Giants are gettting creamed for the second night in a row! Last night it was 12-1 shellacking at the hands of (my also beloved) Red Sox; tonight it's the Pirates' turn. Man oh man glory's a fickle beach. :p:

Ramsgate in an old friend - my Comoy 159 smooth tapered apple. Brandy & ginger on ice. :puffy:

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 17 others like this.
  14. JimInks

10-5 Bucs over the Giants going to the bottom of the 9th. I'm smoking Blue Danube in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega.

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 14 others like this.
  15. JWG25

JWG25 Active Member

I really enjoyed watching the Red Sox play out at San Francisco. What a beautiful stadium on the bay.

16. JimInks

Now smoking Rekamepip's This & That in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. Listening to MLB talk on the XM. More ice water, and doing some reading.

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 14 others like this.
  17. JimInks

Thanks to Yappg, I'm smoking Dunhill Elizabethan in a 2002 three quarter bend paneled light brown sandblasted Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano square shaped bulldog sitter. Guess DBear's hibernating in a cave and Thuber's off snoozing. Even Stormy's quiet because there's no rain outside. Listening to Mad Dog radio on the XM and reading.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    Morse, WalkinStick, Thuber88 and 14 others like this.
  18. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Time for work, midnight on the west coast. IR Three Star Green, in my lat ghosted Pete. Yorkshire tea to buck me up. I hope it is going to turn into a JKP night. That is my favourite for the most productive nights. It fits the mind set.

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 15 others like this.
  19. Deimitori

Deimitori Member

Hearth & Home: "Daybreak" in my Fe Ro "Silver Ring" pipe.

Morse, dBear, surlysoul and 11 others like this.
  20. JimInks

My last smoke before sleep is Rekamepip's "Sinphony" Mix in a smooth three quarter bend 1979 made in Israel pipe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.