1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Back to normal, if that is something I can say with a straight face anyway, arose at 0345. Had a bowl of Firefly Mix, I'll miss this when it's gone since there's no way I could ever duplicate it! Smoked Firefly Mix it in the MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem with a PRM watching a slate colored sky move around looks like Stormy may make a needed visit, PRM # 2 is being snorkeled with #3 getting near as I head out for tunes and the beach ride in the SL500! :D Yes indeed it is a good morning PSFer's! :ccup::bing:

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 14 others like this.
  2. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Well, looks like I've been hanging out with you guys for a year as of today. Guess I'll continue to stick around. :bing:

Just finishing up a bowl of Distinguished Gentleman in the Falcon. I think in honor of my anniversary I'll smoke my final bowl of Firedance Flake in the Pete 305. Have a great day, all!

Morse, Thuber88, dBear and 16 others like this.
  3. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Enjoying a bowl of the latest Elizabethan Mixture in the original MM Diplomat with Wellington Forever Stem. Out of java as I await the restaurant to open but I have a brace of cinnamon rolls under my belt. :D

4. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Happy PSF anniversary Mecompco! By the way it's also Daisy's birthday! To celebrate both milestones, I've headed straight to the PS LTF. I've stacked two flakes, folded and stuffed, one on top of the other, in my MM Spoolcob with a straight stem. I'm drinking black coffee from yesterdays mug. Have a great Friday everyone!

Morse, WalkinStick, Thuber88 and 15 others like this.
  5. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

We're I'm Someone must be glad you've stuck around:bag:

I kid. I'm glad you're here, and look forward to enjoying many more posts from you.

I'm smoking some Raven's Wing, in a Radice. Happy Friday.

Edited to add best birthday wishes to Daisy.

6. sagittarius

sagittarius Member

After classes: 1st pipe of the day: Dunhill Early Morning Pipe in yet another unmarked burgundy-red class size 5 Billiard.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  7. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Good morning PSF. H&H Acadian Perique in the PSF POY

8. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

SWR in a CG with Comunnity Coffee. Happy Friday everyone!

9. User4408

User4408 Active Member

MB Acadian Perique in the straight MM Legend ... so tasty I had to do a repeat.

Delightfully sweaty and mildly disgusting, the way all good perique should be. And this is the best I've had in ages. Either my taste buds were off years ago when I first tried Acadian, or this tobacco ages fantastically. This could easily become an all-day smoke.

I've seen it in bulk bags, which should be as good as the tinned version since no casing or top note is used. Anyone have experience with bulk purchasing this blend?

10. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Morning Coffee and a bowl of Turkish Shag in RC

11. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Morning! Tomorrow is my long shift at the airport in Frankfurt, today is my day off! Wohhoo, just about to light up my celebratory bowl of STRANG -thanks to psquared! :toast: - in a Peterson Standard System 302XL, coffee on the side. Have a great day all!
    [​IMG]

12. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Good Morning,
    I tried Patriot Flake last night and although it wasn't bad, it was kinda non distinct. So, rather than fool with another so-so Va, I'm going to my favorite. This morning it's FVF in the new Castello Great Line Bent Dublin. Burundi Kayanza Gatare black coffee from the press is riding shotgun this morning.

Happy Friday Smoking,
    Paul

13. muddler

muddler Active Member

Overcast & cool here today. Whiling away a few hours tying up some minnow flies for a trout fishing break next week. Taking a break now with FVF in a GBD New Era billiard.

[​IMG]

14. Albert

Albert Active Member

Kicken chicken in a cob. Ahhhh finally Friday !

Morse, Lucky Duck, user3221 and 16 others like this.
  15. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

I'm so glad to hear you got your car back, I've had some nice cars, Caddilacs, Volvos and such and while mine wasn't near the high tech wonder yours is, nothing has ever given me the pride in ownership or put a smile on my face like the pristene 81 240 diesel I had. One of only about 3 cars I've ever had that I wish I had kept.

Starting the day with some well aged nightcap and lots of coffee. Same old boring reruns on the weather forecast.

Highs in the 90's lows in the 70's...:blah:

16. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

That's not water, you heathen! It is the nectar of the Gods! Harrumph! That nectar turns FVF into ambrosia if let alone for a decade or so!!! :ohyh:

Morse, WalkinStick, Thuber88 and 13 others like this.
  17. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

TGIF
    Carter Hall in the Country Gent

18. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

I'm smoking from a tin as well but would also appreciate any comments on the bulk pack.

I like it in a cob.

19. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

While watching the Phillies win last night I enjoyed some Old Dublin, followed byCH, followed by Walnut, followed by MB Honey & Chocolate. Stayed up too late watching the game so I could not even get through one bowl this morning. But it was at least EMP, so off to a good start.

20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Kendal Dark in the Falcon, mug of Typhoo on the side

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.