What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Taking a quick break to load up Ebony (thanks, YAPPG!) in the Kaywoodie PSF POY 2013 then back to work.

[​IMG]

Morse, Lucky Duck, User4408 and 18 others like this.
  2. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Finishing off the last of the Maxwell House, must be time to get ready for work. Been taking Smokers Pride Whiskey Blend most of the week and it's time to try something different, after all it IS Friday! Think I'll load my pouch with some Manor Heights to help take the edge off of work. First, gonna finish the bowl of CH.

Morse, Artistik, Lucky Duck and 18 others like this.
  3. dBear

dBear Active Member

:th1: What I like about pipe smoking - it just keeps getting better and better!

Morse, User4408, mecompco and 13 others like this.
  4. Orson

Orson Member

Another MM with CH...:toast:

Morse, Artistik, Lucky Duck and 20 others like this.
  5. Capt

Capt Active Member

Ahh, relaxation at last! Smoking some well aged Kendal Cream Deluxe Flake in a Peterson/Zippo 303.

Morse, Lucky Duck, mecompco and 19 others like this.
  6. furious

furious Junque collector

Exotique in a Barling Straight Grain SS billiard

7. Orson

Orson Member

Sorry about your loss:(...time to shop!:thu2:

8. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Is it just me or does Huby look like John Paul Jones in this pic?

9. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

While listening to someone on the phone who has the most amazing capacity to talk without saying anything, I was rubbing out half a jar of 1792 that's been sitting for a few months. Now I'm smoking some of it in a Peterson Dracula 03 and getting whiffs of the smell of the tobacco on my hands. Glorious. 22C(72F)H33%

10. sagittarius

sagittarius Member

Feel like it's time for my third pipe today - it'll have to wait until after Friday Night Bundesliga football/soccer. Not that I'm too busy biting my nails so I cannot hold my pipe, but there are a few rooms in the house that are off-limits (a.k.a. out of bounds) for pipe smoking. I'll be back in a little over two hours.

11. notrab

notrab Member

Today it is Night Cap in my Radice Rind o the way to work and Viking Brown to keep me awake while at work!

12. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

A fine choice indeed!

13. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

Frog Morton Cellar in my Basil Meadows custom poker. Perhaps the most anticipated smoke this month! :)

14. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

GH&C Rum Flake in the DGE Lacewood CG.

Morse, Thuber88, Lucky Duck and 19 others like this.
  15. notrab

notrab Member

Ok I have seen enough post about CH im getting some on the way home and a new MM to burn it in! :snork:

16. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] The whole staff was whining and moaning that they never got to be in the pics, sooo I said I didn't wanna hear about anymore. And of course gave in. The pipe is a 50s-60s Comoy's Tradition paneled mini (5 in.) billiard. I took the bowl down to wood and re-breaking-in with C&D Three Friars. Did I mention I'm going to the Columbus show?

Morse, Thuber88, Lucky Duck and 18 others like this.
  17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Listening to Casey Stern and Jim Bowden's MLB talk show on the XM, and even called in to give my opinion on Lyin Braun's steroid apology. Now, I'm smoking Capstan Blue in a mid-1970s black rusticated straight Savinelli Estella 915 KS, and catching up on some reading. Suzy must be interested in the local news, too, because she keeps trying to sit on my newspaper and chew the pages.

Morse, Thuber88, Lucky Duck and 17 others like this.
  18. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

I think with a proper caption you're supposed to identify everyone, from left to right, in the photo. :)

19. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

OK. L to R: Old fat fishing dude (uncanny resemblance to poster) , Tin Soldiers from England, Goofy, Mr. Peabody and Daniel Boone.

Morse, Thuber88, Lucky Duck and 13 others like this.
  20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Just had Spaghetti with homemade Pesto, which was yummy - as a dessert I'm going to smoke one of the samples that were included in my last order at HU Tobacco. I've decided on trying "Herbal Fruit" today - in "Rome" a meerschaum pipe by Sevket Gezer.

“Herbal Fruit“ - the days of heat are past and the end of summer nears, bringing with it a slight feeling of melancholy. These are moments when smoking a relaxing pipe outdoors is an particularly pleasurable experience. “Herbal Fruit“ is a strong-flavored Fire Cured Kentucky Broken Flake gently seasoned with a seductive, fruity aroma. Earthy, natural, slightly fruity and sweet. The punchy Kentucky Broken perfectly complements the fruity notes of the aromatizing ingredients. The result is a blend like the warm sunshine on a late summer day, intense and strong, but also delicate and fruity. …I have a dream...(Martin Luther King)

Morse, Thuber88, Lucky Duck and 18 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.