What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Daisy wanted me to express her gratitude to you for the birthday wishes, Mr. berg.

Long day. Only my second bowl. Dunhill Royal Yacht (because it's Friday) in my DGE Briar Nosewarmer. Drinking water right now, but I just put a bottle of something special in the freezer for a quick chill. Lot of catching up to do. Don't know if I'll make it tonight. Puff on!

Morse, surlysoul, mecompco and 15 others like this.
  2. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Lit up the Condor just now, in the Royal Coachman bulldog. More Monty Python's Flying Circus. If you don't take care of your scalp, you'll get rabies!

3. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Daisy instructed me to thank you on her behalf, dbear.

Just finishing the DRY in the DGE Briar Nosewarmer.

4. Morse

Morse Active Member

What's that you say? They make tobacco that tastes like flowers? I'm in!!

Old Codger, Snake, jpberg and 9 others like this.
  5. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Probably the last bowl of the night is Pfeifen Huber Virginia Honeydew Flake (thanks MDaws79) in my MM Diplomat. Drinking Fitz's Premium Root Beer. Puff on!

Morse, Old Codger, surlysoul and 15 others like this.
  6. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

I was planning on retiring for the evening, when a thunderstorm moved in, so for the second bowl tonight, it's Dorchester in a Skovgaard bamboo shank elephant's foot. And maybe just a bit more Dickel 12. It doesn't get much more relaxing than enjoying a smoke, and watching a nightly rain!

Morse, Old Codger, surlysoul and 16 others like this.
  7. User4408

User4408 Active Member

With the stash you've got, FP, you could even chip enough off to roast a suckling pig or two. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

Vauen Va. Flake in a straight MM Legend ...

Morse, Old Codger, surlysoul and 15 others like this.
  8. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

The heard Stern and Bowden's opening remarks on the apology right before I walked into work at around 1:15. I just missed hearing you on the radio.

My workday(night) wasn't all that great. My tool tech. called in, so I was by myself all night. I was really looking forward to getting home and loading up a pipe, but I'm just not up for it. My tooth is killing me and I'm just kinda down. I have to be up early in the morning for a Back to School event at the Boys and Girls Club I'm volunteering at, so I think I'm just going to turn in. I'll see you guys tomorrow.

Morse, surlysoul, mecompco and 10 others like this.
  9. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  10. JimInks

Thanks to Ruffinogold, I'm smoking Edgeworth Ready Rubbed in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09). More ice water to drink. I'm listening to the Pirates leading the Giants 3-1 in the 8th. The Cubbies lead the Padres 6-5 in the 6th.

Morse, Old Codger, surlysoul and 16 others like this.
  11. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Just finished a nice bowl of Presbyterian in the Apple. Now this is some very nice tobacco. Macadonian orientals. Good flavor all the way down to the bottem. Coke Zero is still my drink of choice, altho I do wish I had some Beam Devils Cut with some of those floaty things cooling it down. After the 3rd for sure.

Morse, jhguthlac, surlysoul and 17 others like this.
  12. User4408

User4408 Active Member

Still enjoying some Vauen Virginia Flake in a Legend ...

My wife is about ready fire up some mouth-watering victuals. She's popped Series 6 of Inspector Lewis in the player ... part of my cultural rehabilitation program to encourage me to stop scratching myself in public. I've noticed those guys at Oxford never do that. I keep telling her it's an unconscious habit ... probably territorial. Buried deep in the DNA.

She wants me to be more like the dashing Sergeant Hathaway. I keep telling her I don't have enough Neanderthal DNA for that. Man, that guy leaves a trail of knuckle marks wherever he goes.

YAPPG, Morse, surlysoul and 16 others like this.
  13. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

A good evening of Irish Flake and the University Flake in Peterson 80s. 14C(57F)H78%

YAPPG, Morse, surlysoul and 16 others like this.
  14. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Well today I have been through bowls of Midnight, bowls of Spinnaker and a bowl of Midnight Spinnaker, mostly in cobs and tossed in the POY13 for chuckles.
    Now I am having some Brown Bogie in the La Reserva 272 USR bent pot pipe and ice tea in the BGM #1, about time to goto BGM #2 and bleach out #1 again tomorrow, they stain up pretty bad with a white liner.
    Watching Journey to the West-Conquering the Demons, I had no idea what to expect, not knowing it was a Stephen Chow movie, very entertaining movie.

Morse, YAPPG, Old Codger and 16 others like this.
  15. conroygc

conroygc Member

Trying Altadis Basin St Blues that I got at an Altadis event at the local store. The gentleman gave me a full pouch. It's an aro with VA and Cav. Nothing special, but not bad at all either. Puffin on a Peterson System 303 and sippin on a Moab Brewery Rocket Bike Lager.

Morse, YAPPG, Old Codger and 13 others like this.
  16. JimInks

Almost done with a bowl of Blue Danube in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.95) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega. More ice water to drink, and reading box scores.

Morse, YAPPG, Old Codger and 16 others like this.
  17. JimInks

Nothing new except for smoking Rekamepip's August Blend in a 2013 slight bend grain blasted briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank. There's nothing like relaxing with a tobacco that just does what you want it to do without a lot of fuss. Ah, yes, the ol' codger scoop is alive and well!

Morse, YAPPG, Old Codger and 17 others like this.
  18. Hofnar

Hofnar Active Member

Morning smoke. Greve Gilbert Hamiltons Blandning in my best MM Legend (straight, standard amber acrylic bite). A nice cross-over. The finest from swedish and north american pipe cultures. Drinking PG Tips. On my balcony. It looks like a fine saturday. At least three of my kids with partners (and my two grandchildren) coming for BBQ later.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    Morse, psquared, Old Codger and 15 others like this.
  19. JimInks

Playing fetch the ear plug with Molly while Suzy watches and probably thinks, "Well, I've got the warm spot in mommy's chair." I'm smoking Maple Street in the third pipe I ever bought ($1.95), a 1974 smooth straight French briar Hadley Apple. Catching up on some reading as best as Molly will let me.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 16 others like this.
  20. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Finishing up a bowl of Rekamepip's August Blend in the TB Meerily lined smooth Rhoundabout Easyin, with ice tea.
    Finished watching " Warm Bodies" a nice take on the Zombie movie genre

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.