What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Elmers Wood Glue

Morse, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 13 others like this.
  2. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Wood Glue is what I've used then a little wood putty (the real stuff not synthetic junk) around the shank where it meets the bowl while glue is tacky, once dry a light file or sandpaper, good as new but better since it's broken in.

3. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Just fired up CH in the MM Diplomat. I'm about to head downstairs and pour a big mug of hot, black coffee and head out for this Back to School event. I'd be leaving later for it, but I happen to be the only one with a vehicle with room for the tables we're using.

Morse, YAPPG, Hofnar and 18 others like this.
  4. User4408

User4408 Active Member

That happened to my straight MM Pride in the first week. After a bit of research, I learned it happens all the time. It's no cause for alarm.

The cob guru recommends putting a bead of Elmers around the inside of the hole, and then inserting the shank back into the hole upside down, making a half turn until it's right-side up. This distributes the glue and makes a nice fit. Then insert some glue into the outside gap between the bowl and shank. It dries clear, so no worries.

Since doing that, my cob hasn't given me any more problems. And it smokes perfectly.

EDIT: Also it pays to let the pipe cool off a bit before trying to remove the bit. I also hold the pipe by the shank before twisting off the bit, just to be safe.

Vauen Flake in a straight MM Legend ...

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    Morse, YAPPG, Hofnar and 17 others like this.
  5. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Anchors Aweigh

I've not been able to smoke much in the past few months, but have plenty of time this weekend. 1 pipe 1 tobacco all day. McClelland Anniversary 2005 in a Pipa Croci rusticated pot.

Morse, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 16 others like this.
  6. briandevlin

briandevlin Member

:laff:bdp

Morse, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 6 others like this.
  7. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I'll never be that "with it"! That is way too much of an acronym for me!

Morse, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 9 others like this.
  8. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Good morning. Smoking ERR (thanks again Snake) in a Peter Kent, made in Denmark, Canadian with Columbian Coffee. International start to today. Watching Ocean's 11, the 1960 version with Frank, Dean and Sammy. Peter Lawford and Angie Dickinson play great roles as well.

Morse, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 17 others like this.
  9. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Morning y'all!!! It's a damp,cool, foggy mountain morning here. Monster spider has built a web on my front porch during the night. I'll have to dispatch of him after my coffee and Squadron Leader in a Kaywoodie Filter Plus. That is, I will get the wife or son to kill the spider because I become a six year old girl when confronted by spiders. I once shot holes in my bathroom floor killing a wolf spider. True story. Ex wife still gets mad over that. I don't know why. :msty:

10. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Kentucky club in pipe
    for next few minutes i will be drawing like a fiend trying to get some nicotine out of this tobacco
    tastes wonderful but smoking a filterless pall mall red at the same time helps

Morse, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 15 others like this.
  11. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Good Morning,

Rum Flake in a Castello, moka pot coffee.

Morse, YAPPG, Stormy and 18 others like this.
  12. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Whitehall Black Tie in a Bullitt Proof with Maxwell House. Need to do some research before the NFL Fantasy Draft at noon to see which players ain't in jail.... yet. Until then, gonna be trying out some of the different tobacco's I had waiting on me after work last night! Got home and the Customer Appreciation Order from Pipes and Cigars was waiting for me! It's good to be appreciated!

Morse, YAPPG, Stormy and 18 others like this.
  13. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Yeah I had a Marlboro light before the pipe....I hate them things.

14. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

I got an email about that. Did they give you any really good stuff?

15. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Got a torch lighter, tamp, large pack of pipe cleaners, a zipper tobacco pouch, then the tobacco.... a tin of Sutliff Blue Danube, 5 1 oz sample packs of Lane tobacco's HG-2000,LL7,HGL,Hazelnut, and Black Raspberry. an MM cob called "The Eaton"? and 7 cigars... 4 AVO Classic No2 and 1 each of NicaRoma Maduro, Connecticut, and Habano. Pretty nice haul. Don't know anything about the cigars... guess it's time to learn!

16. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

That's awesome! I have never purchased anything from there but I really wanted the customer appreciation pack. Lol.

17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Don't Do it !!!

next thing you know you'll be rebuilding transmissions

:laff:

18. rondel65

rondel65 Misplaces Lighters

Drinking a wake up cup of coffee blonde & sweet before getting ready to head out into the sunroom to smoke a bowl of Squadron Leader in my 2008 Pete St. Paddy's. Looks like a beautiful morning with temps in the upper 70's. Going to open all the windows and watch the hummingbirds at the feeders. I have to take my son into town in a bit for his back to school haircut. Hope everyone out there has a fine fine Saturday!

Morse, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 17 others like this.
  19. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Just finished breakfast so...

[​IMG]

Burley in a cob, black coffee and a good, old book. No better way to start a Saturday off IMO.

Morse, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 19 others like this.
  20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Esoterica Tilbury in the L'Anatra, Tetley tea on the side

Morse, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.