What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

A nice morning in Central Maine! Had some Nutty Cut in the Falcon, which for some reason wasn't as good as it usually is--I think it prefers to burn in the Pete 305. Next up was some Uhle's Raider Blend in the metal Titan. Noticed I had some very dried and rubbed out Cumberland Twist (thanks to Ruff) saved in a tin, so mixed it with some CH--smoking very nicely in the Diplomat (and sure kicks the CH up a notch). Not sure what's up next, perhaps a little Squadron Leader while the wife is still snoozing.

Today's plan is to go pick up my repaired snow blower (hate to even think about winter!), the location of which is quite near Oak Pond Brewery and I just happen to have three growlers washed and ready to be filled with their tastey Nut Brown (which will likely provide this afternoon's entertainment).

Have a great day, all!

User4408, Morse, YAPPG and 20 others like this.
  2. sagittarius

sagittarius Member

The weekend chores have been taken care of: reviewing a Latin test for some (imbecile?) sixteen-year-olds (their memory chips apparently were cut off from power ...), lawn mowing is done, newspapers are mostly read: 1st pipe of the day, Old Ironsides in a size 4 black sandblast apple marked "Civic" (DTM) from 1989.
    If everything goes alright with soccer this afternoon, i.e., if Schalke looses again (and there is quite some likelihood that they will as they just lost their central defensive player due to rude foul play), I will celebrate this event tonight by opening a tin of a tobacco I have not tried before: DTM's The Raven. So, let's hope.

Morse, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 14 others like this.
  3. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Recovered from cob trauma earlier, chilling before tonight's gig with Peterson's Irish Whiskey in a Forecaster Prince with nestea peach on the side.

Morse, psquared, YAPPG and 14 others like this.
  4. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Did you get that cob glued up yet?

5. surlysoul

surlysoul Sales Account

Should be in the mountains right now, but I am not. Its not a problem I will smoke some Blended Flake and hopefully leave in a couple of hours. Something came up on the house last night and because I was anxious to leave I got it fixed in record time with my wife watching. Rookie mistake. She was impressed, but started wondering why more things on the honey do list weren't complete if I had the capability.

User4408, Morse, Rockbass and 19 others like this.
  6. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Last night I combined some over dried JKP with some freshly opened 10 Russians. Have been smoking it all night in the Pete. time for bed now, finishing up with some Pirate Kake in a cob.

Morse, psquared, WalkinStick and 14 others like this.
  7. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Ordered some Elmers and some sand papers 600-1200 grit should arrive next week with my three estate pipes to commence some restore and cob clinic work

Morse, psquared, YAPPG and 9 others like this.
  8. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

half way through this bowl of G&H Dark Flake Scented I realized I wasn't quite ready to take on the day. So, back to bed for a couple hours. Now I'm back at it. Daisy wants me to take her shopping in a little bit. That's alright, we'll go to the hardware store too. She'll probably wait in the car. She doesn't like to go places where people like me. :msty: Good thing there aren't too many of those places.

User4408, Morse, YAPPG and 16 others like this.
  9. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

CH earlier to get the
    juices flowing. Now,
    I'm out back with
    some GH Coniston
    Cut Plug in the clay.
    Code Red on the side,
    and Higher Intelligence
    Agency in the ears.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 16 others like this.
  10. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Started to return to my normal smoking last night during the Phillies game. Started with Old Dublin. My wife asked me what of what smoking and made it clear she did not like it. So switched to CH, followed by Honey & Chocolate. Fell asleep by 9pm. Glad the Phils were able to win without me!

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 16 others like this.
  11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Up earlier than I expected, but these things happen. Suzy and Molly are still asleep, and I see m'lady took care of giving them wet food. Probably should be back in bed, but I was called to smoke, so it's Dunbar in a slight bent 1970's Caminetto 103 Business KS billiard with a fumed rim. Simply Orange is my drink.

User4408, Morse, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  12. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

had a short beak at work a little earlier today, so i headed outside and smoked half a bowl of red cake in the psf poy. next possible pipe in approximately six hours.

13. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Up late as I was very tired this Saturday morning. I worked every day this week and have hit an age where that is difficult. Fed Teddi some dog food, which she ate, but she loves cat food even more. You're a dog...get used to it. Fed myself some Russian tea and Blueberry pomegranate juice on the side while reading and smoking EMP in my Peterson Sherlock Holmes. Then went for CH in a Dr. Grabow Savoy. Now drinking water while smoking Honey & Chocolate in a mm cob.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 14 others like this.
  14. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Beautiful morning here. Must have been out walking for at least an hour since the DGE cob needed reloading with Hyde Park twice. Was in fine form during a conference call when someone suggested that we meet in L.A. and most were not happy with the idea. I suggested everyone fly in to Calgary and we could have a nice drive to L.A. It immediately got voted in as the destination since those that figured out that I was referring to Lethbridge Alberta have been there before and Los Angeles isn't on their list of favourite places to go.
    Essence of Vermont in a Peterson Canadian and overproof coffee out of the press are complementing my smugness.
    18C(64F)H48%

15. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Just finished an online CEU course on using essential oils for their healing properties, passed the test with a 94% so my license is secure for another two years. :p:

Rewarding myself with a bowl of Davidoff oriential mix in a cob, last of the coffee....or is it? Maybe just one more pot.:beyes:

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 11 others like this.
  16. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Smoking Rekamepip's August Blend in a 2013 slight bend grain blasted briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank. I've enough for maybe another bowl or two, and then, I'll be smoking the pressed version, which is slightly sweeter. If you haven't seen the pipe, go over to the thread Thuber started about my pipes in the Pipe Section. It smokes very well and looks cool. Everybody who has seen it gives it a thumbs up!

17. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

Pops hooked me up with a new pouch of Mellow Virginia so I'm having some in the PSF POY

User4408, Morse, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  18. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Getting ready to head out, just finished up a bowl of OJK in the POY. I'm sure the drive will entail a couple bowls of CH, probably in the Patriot w/Forever stem.

19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Had a bowl of Newminster Superior Navy Flake in the Dunhill Dead Root DRR C-EE Pot with a Cuban filled PRM.

[​IMG]

We then went walkabout where we had a blast and I smoked Firefly Mix in the Tsuge Tankard then off to the Farmer's Market for fresh bread, Japanese Eggplant, baby Zucchini and fresh doughnuts. Got home fileted a Striper for my neighbors son and am now enjoying a double double Cuban espresso and Apple Cinnamon Doughnuts!

[​IMG]

20. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

McCranie'sred-ribbon mixed 1:2 with Uhle's Perfection Plug in a Spillcob Egg with a long swiiirly Forever Stem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.