1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Finished up a job this morning, headed home listening to some bluegrass, enjoying some OGS in a Stanwell bamboo shank bent acorn with my coffee.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 12 others like this.
  2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

:ccup::ccup::ccup:

+
    :sh::sh::sh:
    =
    :)

getting ready to smoke a bowl of double pressed house blend
    may return and might not
    we will see how it goes

3. dBear

dBear Active Member

Starting out my day with AJ's VaPer (thanks, Banjo!) in the Kaywoodie PSF POY. Trying out 8 o'clock coffee this week since I saw WalkinStick drinking it.

Morse, User4408, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  4. sagittarius

sagittarius Member

That is very, very beautiful Dunhill, both in terms of grain and colour. On top of that, it looks wonderfully balanced - something that Dunhill really excels in.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 8 others like this.
  5. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Thank you very much, considering it's from 1948 and 2 years older than me you probably know which of us in the better shape! :haha: Seriously, the grain is like angel hairs and they continue along the shank with loads of birdseye under the bowl all through the bottom of the shank, I often find myself staring at it and forgetting to puff. :)

Morse, User4408, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  6. krusty

krusty Active Member

Escudo in my L.J. Peretti Oom Paul.

A bit different the past few days, smoking just Escudo rather than multiple blends each day. Working well for me.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 12 others like this.
  7. dBear

dBear Active Member

The Good News: I'm smoking HU Dockworker in the Lean Squatch Volcano. :thu2: The Bad News: It's the last bowl I've got. :( The Good News: A lot more should be arriving soon, thanks to the help of Mr. Simmo! :bdance:

Morse, User4408, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  8. nitehawk

nitehawk Fearless Leader

Today it's MacB's Navy Flake (well, ok, that's a given), and a fresh opened tin of Fribourg & Treyer Special Dark Virginia Flake.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 13 others like this.
  9. Iain

Iain Active Member

After spending half an hour trying to organise my Photobucket I eventually lost it and just deleted the damn thing.

Now smoking Rich, dark flake in a Duncan Drysmoker to calm down before finding some place else to host photos.

10. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Howdy boys, Nightcap in the Pete Sherlock Holmes. Smashingly gorgeous day in NW PA. 72F, not a cloud to be seen, low humidity. This is summer baby!

Morse, User4408, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  11. sagittarius

sagittarius Member

Okay, self-imposed restrictions for opening my very first tin of The Raven have been met(see: [quote="If everything goes alright with soccer this afternoon, i.e., if Schalke looses again (and there is quite some likelihood that they will as they just lost their central defensive player due to rude foul play), I will celebrate this event tonight by opening a tin of a tobacco I have not tried before: DTM's The Raven. So, let's hope.[/quote]
    Here I am then. As always when I have not tried a tobacco before, I use one of my clay pipes in order not to confuse the characteristics of the new baccy with some resilient ghost from previous smokes. From the texture of the Raven, it looks like I'm going to be occupied the newt two hours or so. Talk to you later then.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 11 others like this.
  12. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Smoking in my Grabow some of Thelogomat's house blend (which may have some perique in it...my tongue feels numb and swelly...but I thought that before I smoked it and said "It smells so good, it will be worth it") and it is. Thank you.

Today I reorganized most of my cellar into a new (ahem...larger) cabinet. It is the "aging" cellar. I have about 19 pounds in there and can fit much, much more in there as my old cabinet was full.

I also have been purging my samples and open tins recently. Planning to stock some more tobacco in my cellar next year, need as much room as I can get.

Morse, YAPPG, WalkinStick and 12 others like this.
  13. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Decisions, decisions..... still wading my way through this lot..............

[​IMG]

Hmmm..... I guess I'll try some Mid-Day in the Dunhill Quaint Cutty with Cuban Coffee in the PRM.

[​IMG]

Morse, User4408, YAPPG and 15 others like this.
  14. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Currently finishing a bowl of Spinnaker in the POY13, left over ice tea so far.

Morse, User4408, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  15. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

You need to call JimInks and get his warehouse management software;)

YAPPG, WalkinStick, mecompco and 8 others like this.
  16. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Well, the event went well. The heat was a beatdown though. I went swung back by the store and dropped off the tables and other stuff that I hauled. After a stop for mystery meat burritos at Taco Bell, I came home and packed SWRA in the MM Hardwood. It was a good companion for the first half of the Liverpool-Aston Villa match. Daniel Sturridge had a very nice goal in the first half to give us the 1-0 win. I've been puffing on more SWRA in the same pipe while catching up on the thread. It's a beautiful Saturday!

Thuber88, Morse, User4408 and 14 others like this.
  17. user3221

user3221 Active Member

saturday afternoon powernap complete

time for some coffee and a bowl of granger
    :old:

Thuber88, Morse, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  18. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Awake again! Red Sox-Dodgers game is on Fox Network today, so that means no Vin Scully. I'll listen anyway. Just had a nice lunch and am now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. A bottle of Pepsi made with pure cane sugar is my drink.

Thuber88, Morse, User4408 and 13 others like this.
  19. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

Watched last 3 innings of last night's Phillies game. And guess what, they still won! Then while smoking Peterson's Con. Choice started to watch Notre Dame against Temple on NBC. NBC is showing cycling instead. Couldn't figure out why. It may have something to do with the fact the ND game in NEXT Saturday. Oops. Guess I'll fire up some CH and watch the baseball game on Fox!

20. dBear

dBear Active Member

Smoking remnants in the Falcon. Brewed up another pot o' coffee. The temp's supposed to hit 90F today, so it might be okay to go outside for a long walk.

Thuber88, Morse, User4408 and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.