What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

I want to get out of the house but they are doing water main repair on my block and it is a PITA to get the car out. I'd walk the kids to the park (as we had planned) but it is threatening thunderstorms nearby and lightning down here is no joke.

So it is Lancers Slices in the Savinelli Duca Carlo Apple as we continue to finish our books.

I'm packing a beach bag for tomorrow afternoon, rain or shine!

Thuber88, Morse, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  2. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Wow, you are quite a smokemachine! :ohyh: I'll join you with smoking some Dockworker as a celebratory bowl for getting through this tough work day.
    Stuffed and folded and loaded in the Moretti with a topping of 6years old Anni Kake THANKS TO fishnbanjo! :toast: - oh this will be yummy!

Thuber88, Morse, User4408 and 13 others like this.
  3. sagittarius

sagittarius Member

"Quoth The Raven: Many More". Period.

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 7 others like this.
  4. dBear

dBear Active Member

Good thing I smoked mine in a BST or I'd be jealous about the Moretti. I can't match the Anni Kake on top, though. :th1:

Right now I've got an experiment going, one that's going pretty well. I bought a 1 pound brick of 10 year-old C&D Star of the East from my local B&M. It was so dried up, it was more tobacco dust than tobacco leaf when I broke it apart. But I rehydrated it in jars and have gravity loaded it into the Stout Squatch Volcano and it's actually smoking quite well and tasting good. For about $1.25 an ounce, I'd say this has turned out all right.

Thuber88, Morse, User4408 and 14 others like this.
  5. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

BoSox are ahead of the Dodgers 4-0 in the 2nd. I'm ahead of this bowl of Old Dark Fired in a 1970s GBD Prehistoric Rhodesian 9438 with a perspex stem. I have the TV on to see the game if something interesting happens, but I'm listening to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday on the XM. Since I'm working, I need radio play by play, not TV, and the Fox broadcasters are kind of boring, too.

Thuber88, Morse, User4408 and 11 others like this.
  6. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well midway through Mid-Day I'd had enough so I dumped it with an apology to the Cutty for loading it with watermelon! I don't know what I'll do with that tobacco but it won't be smoking it. I grabbed a tin in the archives of open tins I have stashed in the deep left corner of the Man Cave and came out with at least a 35 y/o tin of Edgeworth Slices which I folded and crumble topped the Wagner with the black bamboo shank and Cumberland Stem, ah a real man's tobacco, a PRM of Jamaican Blue Mountain to keep with the program. I love everything about this pipe, the look, the shape, how it smokes and the feel in my hand, just an awesome package.

[​IMG]

7. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Smoking a bowl of Robert McConnell's
    The Original Oriental - pipe tobacco in my BlackStone Cob

While working on my 1st rock cob estate redo

:shead:

Thuber88, Morse, YAPPG and 11 others like this.
  8. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

Tonight has been frog morton cellar in my BM poker, followed by mclelland blue mountain in my sav tortuga :)

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 10 others like this.
  9. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Just fired up some Great Outdoors in the Diplomat while watching a little preseason football. I was going to watch the As-Orioles game, but Mitch Williams is on the call. I can't take the A's and Mitch Williams in the same telecast. I am peeking in to check the score though. Iced tea is my drink for now. Soon it will be time for a more adult beverage.

10. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Went over to buddy's place and enjoyed a MM Legend full of Escudo while mowing his lawn. Then loaded up the BST Compact Little Brute with Painter Hills, topped it with a windcap, and took the Healy out for a spin. Now back home with Connoisseurs Choice in a Peterson 80s and waiting for the start of the LV Race. Hoping that the Italians can pull off a win. 27C(81F)H23%

Thuber88, Spillproof, Morse and 13 others like this.
  11. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

This afternoon I've been smoking back to back bowls of Virginia Woods in the Peter Kent, made in Denmark, Canadian. Gravity filling the VW with a medium tamp in between renders an easy drawing smoke. I have a few ounces of Va. Woods left in a jar and an unopened tin. Time to make another order. I think that sweet blend is my favorite McC Va.

Thuber88, Morse, YAPPG and 12 others like this.
  12. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

I've got a tin of Great Outdoors waiting to be opened as soon as I finish several samples I have open.

Thuber88, Morse, YAPPG and 6 others like this.
  13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Peterson System filled with Altadis Edgeworth match....I like the flavor of this blend, it just tends to bite me slightly. And cuts like this tend to give me problems at times. This isn't for me, I guess, but it is good tobacco.

Thuber88, Spillproof, Morse and 14 others like this.
  14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

A pipe smoker from another forum read my review of Great Outdoors and that it's meant to be a match for Field and Stream, which I had written as not having tried. Well, he has some F&S, didn't like it, and sent me 7 oz. of it. So, I'm smoking 1963 Philip Morris Field and Stream in a 1979 medium bend etch relief meerschaum lined TinderBox Arabesque. This really needs hydration, but dry, is kind of perfume-like, and sort of tastes like Great Outdoors. I'm sure it'll do better once the rest is hydrated. As of this moment, GO is much better.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    Thuber88, Morse, User4408 and 15 others like this.
  15. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Home for the evening. Got three growlers of Oak Pond Brewery's Nut Brown ale in the 'fridge (well, two and a half, now). I don't think there's anything better than beer drawn right from the brewery's tap. Got some Tambo burning in a very nice paneled billiard I got from Dogtalker.

Thuber88, Morse, psquared and 10 others like this.
  16. dBear

dBear Active Member

Wow, that Star of the East dust smoked really fast! But it did smoke down to absolutely nothing. Now to reset the taste buds with Red Cake in the Wally Frank upside down billiard.

17. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Had several bowls of August blend today via the cob de Rekamepip. Now for some SG BBF in the Spillproof Special.
    I was expecting to be more behind than 3.5 pages. Maybe I need to get everybody back in the house for a while :rolleyes:

Thuber88, Morse, YAPPG and 13 others like this.
  18. highstump

highstump Active Member

Greetings fellow pipe smoking folk. It has been cooling off a bit here for the past couple of days and I'm not going to squawk about it one bit. In order to celebrate this welcome turn of events I am smoking Escudo in a Weber. In other news I did not win a thing on the PowerBall or MegaMillions tickets I bought last week so you can count on me remaining my same humble and lovable self.

Thuber88, jpberg, Morse and 14 others like this.
  19. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Good afternoon everyone! I'm smoking rekamepip's August Blend in my MM CG w/Forever Stem. Lemonade is my drink. Puff on!

Thuber88, Morse, User4408 and 12 others like this.
  20. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Member

Another great gig at Hilden brewery. My newly acquired dr. Plum bent apple arrived today restored and ready to go so enjoying a bowl of black gold plus watching an 80s rock cover band. Must be the only piper here. A pint of "Belfast blonde" ale is the drink

Morse, YAPPG, psquared and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.