What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Atta boy!!! :th1:

2. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

Almost 14 hrs behind! Had a chance to get out so took it early this morning. Smoked the last of the Bayou Morning in the Barling Canadian. Dang good smoker, even with back to back smokes. Coke Zero is my drink of choice with lots of those floaty icebergs in the mug. Shouldn't take long to catch up.

3. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Enabler

Thuber88, Old Codger, YAPPG and 8 others like this.
  4. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

I'll let you know whether or not there are any guitar solo's by MDaws79 tonight.

Drinking coffee and readying the meeting room garage for later. Still smoking Sutliff Academy.

Thuber88, PipeSimmo, jpberg and 12 others like this.
  5. JimInks

Thuber88, Hofnar, YAPPG and 7 others like this.
  6. user3221

user3221 Active Member

Enjoying a Bud Light with my smoke tonight
    well that is an overstatement

Drinking a Bud Light that tastes like water

must be bad beer because normally back in the day a good beer did not start tasting like water till after #8 or #9

Still Enjoying my Castello SC37 Antiquari filled with triple play

:puffy:

7. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

going outside in a few minutes with my Sherlock Original and some Dunhill Flake.
    [​IMG]

8. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Fell asleep watching the games, not out of boredom just out of being dog tired. Then I got a rather unpleasant call from work that has me in a pretty foul mood now. Being a supervisor is pretty much just being a damn babysitter sometimes. Anyway, I loaded some SWRA in the MM Hardwood and poured another glass of rum. I figured I'd see what was going on here to cheer me up.

Thuber88, Stormy, jhguthlac and 15 others like this.
  9. Hugepom

Hugepom Member

Finishing off the rest of a sample of Cherry Bomb from MikeInMaine in my bent Robert Leslie billiard (yeah, I'm doing a little name dropping tonight).

Forgot I had a bit left of this stuff and felt like some cherry tonight...thanks again Mike.

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

To quote James Brown: Ow! I feel good! Na-na-na-na-na-na-nah!

11. dBear

dBear Active Member

Dinner turned into a nap. :msty: So that bowl of Strang is still waiting for me. Fortunately, that gave me time to find out it's also gonna be a Pipe Club night! Gotta make a quick run to the grocery store so I can make ice cream tonight - and then it's Strang Pipe Club Saturday Night! To quote Mitch Ryder: Sock it to me, baby!

12. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Crap! Forgot about Strang night.
    no more pipes tonight as I have
    to be at work at 7am tomorrow.
    Good evening everyone.

13. JimInks

I almost hate to make this post because I've been praising our ol' rock cob buddy enough today. But a friend just came over, saw the new pipe, and I told her about it and the tobacco. So I showed them off to their best advantage, and am now smoking Rekamepip's August Blend in a 2013 slight bend grain blasted briar Rekamepip Volcano with a walnut shank. My friend likes the smell of the tobacco and thinks the pipe makes me look "really cool." She also said, "Why can't all your tobaccos smell this good?" :doh: If I didn't know her better, I'd swear she was :dkn:!

Anyway, I'm sure by now Rekamepip needs a bigger size hat, but hell, I guess he deserves it... grumble, grumble, grumble...;) Part way down this page, you'll see the pipe I'm talking about: http://pipesmokersforum.com/community/threads/jiminks-pipes-sofar.31615/page-2

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  14. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

GH Sweet Coconut Twist in the Falcon. This stuff lit up great in this pipe. Might have found the perfect pipe for this blend, which is one I like quite well!

15. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I was gifted a 6'r. Good...not great. Southern Tier makes some good beer.

16. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Ha ha, Bud Light is like making love in a canoe...

F***king close to water.

Thuber88, JWG25, jhguthlac and 9 others like this.
  17. 430pat

430pat Member

Been there done that now I am going to smoke real tobacco in a real pipe Marlin flake in a Dunhill Zulu

18. JimInks

Giants lead the Pirates 4-0 in the 4th, White Sox and Rangers are tied 2-2 in the 9th, and the Reds lead the Brew Crew 6-3 in the 9th. I'm smoking Tilbury in a 2003 black grain etched Karl Erik Ekstravagant horn. And going to listen to more baseball as I go back to work with a fresh glass of ice water chilled to the properest of temperatures, enabled by the floatiest li'l ice bergs this side of the North Pole.

19. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Well, the Nut Brown is pretty much gone (typing slowly!). Had a bowl of Sunset Breeze in the Ropp to please the family, then a bowl of PK in the bent bulldog to please myself. Headed to bed--have a good evening, all!

20. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Member

A quiet Saturday night., stars out bright. Grousemoor in a Cob.

Thuber88, SidStavros, JWG25 and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.