1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagittarius

sagittarius Member

A smaller MM for the dog walk in the rain, filled with Rum&Maple, this time the Lane variety.

2. TedVig

TedVig total pipeflake

Villiger early day in a Dunhill root briar prince/pot. Good day to all.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  3. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

Had a bowl of Northwoods in my Savinelli Dublin last night on the way to visiting a friend.

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I don't always smoke Strang
    but when I do I prefer it
    in a Fakcon.

5. ryan65

ryan65 Member

Smoking Nightcap in my Savinelli punto oro, just can't get enough of this stuff! easily my top tobacco of 2013:thu2:

6. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Found my jar of Sugar Barrel this morning. Loaded up a MM CG and whittled on the porch.

7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well Late Night was a success enjoyed tune time and the ride, sat at the beach for quite awhile and just puffed leisurely away in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem. Got home and tooled around a bit then got Levi put for walkabout and had another bowl of Late Night in the Tsuge Tankard and enjoyed that for nearly an hour which is awhile for the Tsuge. Got home to a few more PRM's then loaded up the Sixten Ivarsson Craggy Prince with the bamboo shank with Late Night and it was pure luxury, I really like this tobacco. Just finished a double double Cuban espresso and having Firefly Mix in the MM Diplomat with blue and white Forever Stem.

[​IMG]

8. deyo67

deyo67 Member

Having some I.Q. in my Courtley Fat Billiard Pipe

9. MainePipe

MainePipe Member

Carter Hall in the 2013 POY while sitting by the pool

10. dBear

dBear Active Member

Started the day with Marble Kake in the Stout Squatch Volcano. Now I'm on to a bowl of remnants in the Falcon. I think my eyes are starting to open and the world is beginning to take shape.

11. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

Decide to get out of the house for a bit, sitting at the local B&M having a Oliva series O robusto, still drinking coffee.visiting with some folks I haven't seen in a while.

12. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

A little earlier I had a bowl MB Navy Flake in a straight Butz Choquin racing black 1009. Now I'm enjoying some Kajun Kake in a Bentley Former's Design bulldog.

13. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Tanked up hard at the buffet, kinda letting it digest before going out to do the lawn. Buring some PPP in the bent Pipe by Lee.

14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Oh, so ya wanna play rough, see? Think yer tough, see? Tell me to fry an egg, see? Here's yer warning, see? Myeah!

15. highstump

highstump Active Member

Yes...yes it is. You are on the short approach to "old fartness". Don't be afraid, it really is not all that bad. One of the perks is that you get to behave like an old fool because...damn, I forgot what I was going to say.
    Now to paraphrase that Dr. Strang Love guy. It is Sunday and Sunday is codger burley day, so here it's Edgeworth RR'd in an old beater Grabow that once was papa's. Maxwell House on the side.

16. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

Will be catching up as I have time, here is what was last nights...

Today it was a few bowl of TB Midnight in a MM Spool
    When I got home it was McB Navy Flake in a GBD straight Billiard(Thanks to Coastie), Watched RIPD(Not awful, just Men in Black with dead people)
    Followed by Rekamepip's August Blend in the TB Meer Lined Zimbabareebopin, and Iced Tea
    Watched Empire State, a movie about the Robbery in NYC in 82.
    Now I am sitting in the dark, smoking a bowl of the podge jar, in the Big Ben Copenhagen style, smooth ,bent something or other, and more ice tea.
    No power now, some BS power company maintenance thing. grrrrrr:mad:
    Will give up after this bowl, and post this at some future time....

Written about 4 am after the power went off at 3am

17. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

I've seen teams use position players as pitchers a number of times, but not two of them back to back. That's very rare.

Everybody slept in today, but I got up in time to smoke Dunbar in a 1987 Peterson first series Sherlock Holmes full bend with a silver band. I'm almost finished with this bag, but will revisit one of these days once I age more of it. A can of Mountain Dew is my drink. Lots of baseball games are going on now, and I'll be watching/listening and paying attention to what's going on. The Phillies and D-Backs are playing, 4-2 Phils in the 3rd. Bet those guys are tired! Braves lead the Cards 2-0 in the 2nd, and the O's lead the A's 5-1 in the 3rd.

18. dBear

dBear Active Member

Boy, that works out great because I just lit up a bowl of Classic Burley Kake in the Rekamepip maple tank! Also, it's not well known that bears are considered to be the "codgers of the forest." (Okay, I just made that up, but it sounds good, doesn't it?)

[​IMG]

19. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Strang is dry, I'm fed, so the Pete Sherlock Holmes gets the nod. Another gorgeous day in NW PA.

20. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Lol, I was just about to say "ok then, didn't know that Sunday was Codger Burley Day, gonna smoke some Classic Burley Kake then" - still smoking the Kajun Kake, but next up is CBK in a Real Codger's Cob, a DGE cobcobbled MM Diplomat. :old: Codger On!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.