1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Now you can smoke around corners :D

2. user3221

user3221 Active Member

need to put just a little more of a bend on the bit but other than that she is smoking great

3. sonarman

sonarman Member

Earlier while watching my Cards lose to the Braves, Squadron Leader in my Boswell freehand.

Now after dinner and reminiscing about summer, Ennerdale in a Cob.

4. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Hi there folks. Smoking some English Keel, from Hellam's Tobacconist in Monterey, CA, in a Savinelli Capri Root Briar 512 pot. This is also from WrightwoodJohn, so thanks again, John. It's really tasty stuff.

5. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

First smoke of the day today, Erinmore Flake rubbed in the MM General which is swiftly becoming one of my favorite pipes.

6. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

Enjoyed a great little gathering at Old Firehouse Smoke Shop in Fall River, MA, today. I had... H&H Anni Kake in my rustic bent Ser Jacopo, then some Capstan Flake Blue in my PSF '13 POY, and finished with a taste of Peterson's Christmas '12 in my freehand Viprati Dublin.

7. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Got the mowing done, then took the Low Rider out for a spin into town to pick up a couple things. Working on the last of my Irish Oak in a large no-name meer billiard. I'm thinking some Billy Budd might be up next.

8. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just finishing Golden Age in a straight 1978 black sandblasted Sir Brent billiard with lucite stem and silver band repair on the shank. Trying to decide to my next smoke. Going to go see if the Field and Stream is hydrated now.

9. Wicker Man

Wicker Man Active Member

Hi PSF’rs, smoking Plantation mix in my Invicta
    [​IMG]
    and just signed in to say I’ll be taking some “time out” from the forum, as after posting :-
    Synchronicity set in, as the next day I was asked if I’d any use for an industrial blower, plus motor, then my cousin stopped in for a brew on the way to visit some friends and on hearing of my latest project came up with “I’ve had a full size Anvil in the back yard for years, you can have it if it’ll be of any use ? So not doing things by 1/2 I’ve joined a Hot metal bashing forum and I’m reading all I can about Blacksmithing and I’m on with building a Forge, which is leaving me no time to keep up on here. I’ll pop in now and again but in the mean time Best Wishes to you All

10. MDaws79

MDaws79 Member

Hello everybody! I am currently smoking a bowl of Rekamepip august blend in a Rekamepip seriously ugly pipe. Thank you for both of those sir!
    My apologies to anyone that cares, for not being on here more. Personal domestic issues seem to occupy my mind more than anything these days and it is hard to sit and think about anything else. By the end of the night it should be resolved though, for better or for worse.

11. briarbob

briarbob Member

Have fun with your new adventure Wickerman, I also have an interest in blacksmithing.

12. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Good luck Wickerman!

13. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Elizabethan Mixture in my Ser Jacopo Van Gogh Picta #2. Tasting very nice in this pipe!!

14. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Condor Long Cut in the LaRocca Dublin

15. highstump

highstump Active Member

I gave this post a LIKE. Would have given it a LOVE had the Yankees been ahead but I do understand that there is only so much even you can do Jim. :puffy:

Now I said earlier that today was codger burley day and when I finished my bowl of ERR'd I fully intended to grab the tub of SWR to load in a smallish Ehrlich billiard but noticed a neglected baggie of Germain's Plumbcake I got from Ruff awhile back. He noted in teeny tiny lettering at the bottom "Weird But Good"...hmmmm.:cfsd:

OK, I'm giving it a go. I tried the packing method from the video in another thread here where you dump tobacco in the palm and kind of screw the pipe down onto the pile. I'm not sure about either the good or weird yet but here we go! :dh1:

16. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Firing up some PA in my Poker with Pepsi on the side. Finished up the Rat Condo and a nap. Thinking of some left-over chili after the smoke and before the next smoke. And I know, pics or it didn't happen.... the Rat Condo (I didn't pick the color)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Let the paint dry over night and Gracie will have a high rise to move into! Now, for that bowl of PA....

17. dBear

dBear Active Member

Wicker Man, pop in every now and then just to let us know how the blacksmithing is going for you.

18. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Banging hot steel is great fun! I've got little 102 lb. anvil made in 1912 but still in pretty good shape. Have yet to get a forge set up, but one day! You can put a propane forge together pretty inexpensively. Have fun, and do check in when time permits.

19. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

That's a serious and amazing house there, Basil! Wow!

Cubs and Padres are scoreless in the 11th. BoSox and Dodgers will start playing in 45 minutes. Well, the F&S is hydrated, though I may need to work on it some more. It was dry and extremely perfume-smelling when I got it. It's tamed down some now. I'm still deciding what I think of it. Year 1963 Philip Morris Field and Stream in a 1979 medium bend etch relief meerschaum lined TinderBox Arabesque. I'm drying out some FVF for later. A bottle of Nesbitt's Orange soda is my drink.

20. highstump

highstump Active Member

Basil, the great part about this is not having to clean it out as often. Living quarters on the top floor with 4 baths downstairs. :th1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.