What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morse

Morse Active Member

MD, hoping that this works itself out

2. kb7get

kb7get Member

3. Whitespot

Whitespot Active Member

Dorchester in a Bang 1/2 bent apple, sippin' Ridgemont Reserve 1792

4. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Working and listening to MLB talk, but will switch to old radio shows before too long. I'm smoking Old Dark Fired in a 1984 black sandblasted straight Dunhill Shell 4103 Billiard. Ice water chilled to the proper temperature with honor student icebergs is my drink.

Trying to decide whether or not to open a tin of Louisiana Red. I don't have enough VaPers open right now, but I'll be getting a shipment of more Sutliff blends to review in a week or two, so maybe I'll wait and see what's in that package first.

5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Onyx (thanks, FishNBanjo!) in the Squatch prince. Slightly cool generic cola because my floaty l'il icebergs are on strike.

6. JimInks

If you had listened to me and sent them to obedience school, you wouldn't have this trouble.

Still working and now smoking Blend No. 5 in a 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell.

7. JimInks

Getting ready to listen to Gunsmoke and then the Green Hornet as I work. Just a minute or two away from smoking Barbados Plantation in a 1979 no name French briar smooth full bend egg.

8. JimInks

Last smoke before sleep is Rekamepip's This & That in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer. Well, somebody had to smoke while you guys slept!

9. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Good morning! Getting started with Nutty Cut in the Pete 305 and a couple mugs of black 8 O'Clock 100% Columbian. Going to be a busy week at work, finishing getting classroom computers setup and assorted fires put out. Oh, and the kids will be starting back in school this week, too. :beyes:

Have a great day, all!

10. sagittarius

sagittarius Member

Many Dank, psquared!

Wookie Hunter, dBear, YAPPG and 5 others like this.
  11. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Well, it's good night for me. I arose in the daytime with much to do. Strted the day with IRC Three Star Green in a grabow with a milder coffee than usual because I woke up grumpy.nbg
    Have been smoking 10 Russians in the Pete since. Signing off with more 10 Ruskies, mixed with a bit of JKP, in the Lat assigned Grabow.

12. Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck Active Member

Glad to see you back, safe and sound, Sid. Nice pics. Hey Jim, thanks for holding the fort down last night. I slept well knowing you were at the helm. I think I'm going to have some KK in an MM Diplomat to start the day. already drinking black coffee. Good morning everyone!

13. porshcigar

porshcigar Member

Princes Street Mixture, in a blasted billiard.

14. fordy

fordy Member

Morning all from the Shire... Bank Holiday here in the UK & the sun is shining again.

This... in a Falcon / Hyperbole rustic.

15. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Happy Monday,

SG BBF, in a Doug Erwin cob.

16. sagittarius

sagittarius Member

The Raven again, in the clay pipe referred to previously, half filled for time constraints.

17. SidStavros

SidStavros Active Member

Thank you guys! I wish to you all happy puffing with health and prosperity. :toast:

[​IMG]

Hearth and Home Marble Kake.

18. muddler

muddler Active Member

A good few years ago a friend of mine in the USA posted across some tobaccos. One of these was a small box of Granger with a note that said "Codger burley". I've let it sit, preferring my staple diet of Vas & Vapers. This morning I was nosing around in the cupboard & found it so thought it was time to give it a try. I loaded an old Pete (my first pipe) & am having at it. Interesting - none of the burley bitterness, just a kind of toastiness. It's OK but I wouldn't seek it out.

Right now I'm trying a few more of the local OTCs - the cost of imported tobacco has become almost prohibitive as the local currency has weakened. Had a local B&M blend earlier that wasn't bad. I'll keep looking but the idea is to find a local "all day" tobacco & stretch my cellar of imported tobacco.

[​IMG]

19. Pipe Matt

Pipe Matt Member

Dunhill Nightcap in a Savinelli Roma 626. :)

20. Huby Springer

Huby Springer Active Member

1st back to work smoke: H&H Acadian Perique in the MM Legend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.