What Are You Smoking? August, 2013

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by jpberg, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just finished smoking Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a three quarter bend smooth 1985 Dunhill Chestnut 5202 with a cumberland stem. Guess you know what I'm going to smoke next! Gotta clean a couple of pipes first.

2. JimInks

By a strange quirk of fate, I decided to smoke Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter. Well, you know, it was bound to happen!

Morse, jhguthlac, User4408 and 13 others like this.
  3. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Your Huckleberry

No wonder Berg drinks Coors Light. If I had a supply of life ruining tobaccos like this, I wouldn't care what I drank either. I've never had a GL Pease tobacco until today. Now I've smoked two that were 10 years old.

Mind=blown.

4. sagittarius

sagittarius Member

Time for me to go to bed, fellow pipe smokers. Time onboard 270048 b Aug 13, 16.4 °C (61.5°F), 1014 hPa (29.94inHG) steady, humidity 72%, wind ESE 0.8 kt (1 bft) from 107°, cloudy

Good Night!

5. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Send all your crap to me...but you can keep the Coors Light.

Stormy is dancing outside, waiting for him to boogie through so I can smoke some crappy tobacco.

Morse, Thuber88, surlysoul and 11 others like this.
  6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I don't usually fold up flakes and smoke them whole. However, I took a flake of Highland Sliced right out of the packet, rolled it over on itself into (roughly) a cylindrical plug, and stuffed it in the Falcon. It's treating me well so far.

Morse, Thuber88, psquared and 14 others like this.
  7. JimInks

Thanks to the generous Furious, I'm smoking 1960's Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2003 IMP horn Meer. It smells different out of the baggie than the tub of EGR Sutliff sent me some months back, and different than the freshly minted EGR tin I got today. But, as I'm getting into it, the taste is very similar to what I've been smoking today, the difference being this '60s version has a light wine taste I did not get from the other versions. Might be fermentation? I'll find out as I smoke more of it. I sure like the taste of it, though! :D

Morse, Thuber88, User4408 and 14 others like this.
  8. Orson

Orson Member

Long day...MM and CH...too tired to get a drink.

Morse, Thuber88, PipeSimmo and 12 others like this.
  9. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Long day at work, the whole week is gonna suck--first week of school always does for IT--3,ooo computers and four of us.

Got my daughter's BD get together done--can't belive 20 years have gone by so fast! Had a few Guiness Extra Stouts (no Coors Lite), corn chowder and shepherd's pie. Had a couple bowls of CH in the Diplomat while my nephew smoked his American Spirits (he returned the pipe I gave him, didn't have the patiencs for it, I guess).

Last pipe of the day is a flake of ODF in the Paykoc meer. See ya' all at 4:00!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
    Morse, Thuber88, PipeSimmo and 16 others like this.
  10. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

Enjoying some Carter Hall from my new bench on the front porch (just put it together this evening).:bing:

Morse, Smokey, Thuber88 and 17 others like this.
  11. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo Active Member

Well last pipe of the night is Late Night, stuff is growing on me will need to branch back out tomorrow, in the MM Mizzou with plum Forever Stem, earlier it was Eileen's Dream in the MM Diplomat with Wellington Forever Stem. Hope to finish the last of the book before the sheets suck me in yet again, hope to see all you fine puffer's in 3-4 or so, keep the fires burning. :byg:

Morse, Thuber88, PipeSimmo and 15 others like this.
  12. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

Just cracked open a 2 yr old jar of Anniversary Kake!!! Dated 7/11 and I made myself wait.... The last few months were hard! Very smooth and tasty. Getting the VA sweetness too. Mmmmm...... All in mu Upshall XL freehand with ice water on the side. Sitting on the front porch with a light drizzle outside. Great summer night!

Morse, Thuber88, PipeSimmo and 16 others like this.
  13. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

[​IMG] I'm on bowl 10 of C&D Exhausted Rooster in a Northern Briar Canadian. Got this at the show Saturday. I got food poisoning on the way down to Columbus and have been in bed since I got back to Cleveland. Oh, never eat three sausage biscuits in the same lifetime.

Morse, PipeSimmo, SidStavros and 17 others like this.
  14. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

Great looking pipe you've got there. I really like that rustication.

Morse, mecompco, Orson and 7 others like this.
  15. Rockbass

Rockbass Active Member

Thanks bubbagump. I'll be talking more about the show and pipes when my head and stomach start to spin in the same direction.

Morse, mecompco, psquared and 8 others like this.
  16. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

I've got some old Anni Kake left over from what FnB sent me going into the old Barling Canadian. Tonight its back to lemonade cause the heat is back full blast with the humidity. Damn weather.

Morse, Thuber88, PipeSimmo and 14 others like this.
  17. Wookie Hunter

Wookie Hunter Member

Aaaaaaannddd....I'm caught up! I had some internet issues when I got in from work last night, and between working today I was about ten pages behind. After a delicious dinner of hot links and corn on the cob I packed a bowl of SWRA in the MM Hardwood. It's just about done, and I think I'll go a second round with it, iced sweet tea is my drink of choice.

Morse, Thuber88, PipeSimmo and 18 others like this.
  18. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Active Member

I might have fallen behind, Im still on page 99 for this month! but I am currently smoking the last of my tin of W.O. Larsen No.32 Curly Flake that I opened on my Birthday.

It lasted 2+ months so I cant complain. and I managed to smoke most of it in my PSF POY 2013 Kaywoodie

Morse, Thuber88, PipeSimmo and 12 others like this.
  19. dBear

dBear Active Member

Peretti's Ebony in the Falcon (thanks, YappyG!) while I prepare a burger for dinner.

Morse, Thuber88, PipeSimmo and 13 others like this.
  20. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Bob's Chocolate Flake
    in a non-Falcon looking
    Sav 316EX. Omission
    Lager & Miss Snake on
    the side. For those of you
    who are gluten free, Widmer
    makes a couple of brews
    That actually taste like
    beer. I highly recommend
    the pale ale. Widmer has
    successfully crafted GF
    beer with barley. Nicely
    done. :th1:

Morse, Thuber88, PipeSimmo and 13 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.